Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammo Hung

Sammo is back

so after SPL sammo did that garbage of a film dragons forever then he did another peic of **** with the twins, then he was what i'm sure is a ****ty version of ROTK but now he's back and as a leading man in fatal move, the new film from dennis law director of the peice of **** martial mello drama fatal contact(guy loves thew word fatal). anyway from what i'm hearing and seeing this movie is going to to be **** good. check out the site for details Fatal move

Did you hear that rumor that Sammo was killed? That was some scary sh!t. Thank God it wasn't true. The report said he got ran over by a bus, but it takes more than a bus to get rid of Sammo!

I got an email from Bey Logan about this movie. He said the final fight between Wu Jing and Sammo is awesome.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i have a friend on sammo's stunt team who told me about the movie and the rumour. i didn't hear about it until fairly recently, but come on you see how big sammo is a bus would hit him and he'd look back and say stop shoving. LOL anyway glad that he's back as a leading man.

Sammo Hung

Sammo Hung hospitalized
    1.72 metres is 5' 6", 111 kilograms is 245 lb.
    HK actor Sammo Hung hospitalised for heart surgery
    Posted: 14 August 2009 1428 hrs

HONG KONG: Legendary Chinese martial arts actor and acclaimed Hong Kong director Sammo Hung was admitted into hospital a week ago for heart surgery.

The star reportedly felt unwell while filming “Ip Man 2”, the sequel to the semi-biographical kungfu film on the celebrated martial arts master of Bruce Lee, in the Guangdong province of Foshan on August 5.

He returned to Hong Kong ahead of schedule for an emergency admission to hospital for an operation.

The 57 year-old actor was discharged after a few days and has since returned to work.

Hung revealed that his heart has been in a less-than-ideal condition due to long filming hours and frequent overtime work resulting in fatigue and irregular meals. His love for cigars also contributed to his ailing health.

Moreover, at his height of 1.72 metres, he is tipping the scales at 111 kilograms which makes him morbidly obese.

Although not in the pink of health yet, Hung told Hong Kong reporters that his condition has since stabilised.

“Everything is back to normal even though my weight has become a health issue, causing heart problems. I am now back at work and I would like to thank everyone for their concern,” said Hung.

- CNA/jk
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sorry to hear of Sammo's health problems, but unfortunately I'm not all that surprised. Hopefully he'll give up the cigars and be able to get down to a healthier weight for himself. I'm glad that he's alright, anyway.

I'm glad despite the circumstances that Sammo is alright as of current, hopefully his health issues become more of a priority for him personally. Sammo Hung is definitely one of the greats!
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it was only a matter of time, unfortunately. Time to start losing that image of, wow he's so fat and he can move like that?!

If he can get back down to his "Enter the Dragon" size, that'd be good. Wow. I even remember saying back in the day, "...yeah, that fat guy Bruce Lee fought at the beginning of Enter!"

Hopefully Jackie and Biao are getting on his case about this!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Im not fat, per se, but I've got enough of a belly that I always likened myself to Sammo. I'm only 5'4 or 5'5 and im about 35 lbs less than him. If that isn't enough incentive to lose the poncho I don't know what is... except if Yuen Biao and Jackie Chan were yelling at me???

*however, i do have a little more muscle than he does, so i have a little bit of an excuse than him...
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 08-27-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

wishing him well.

quick recovery.

at this age, health is more important than anything else.

I remember him acting when he was a young boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb3aRF1tHzU

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    my weight issues are hereditary.
    My father drank beer too.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Red face Sammo Hung

Hi guys,

I watched My Lucky Stars the other day and it seems Hung has some training in Southern Kung Fu. Does anyone know if he's done any Choy Lee Fut?

Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    what's Choy Lee Fut?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Nope Never heard of it. Cool, i'll check it out.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Sammo tends to get a crash course in a style before he does a film about it. As he's recently done a film about CLF I imagine he recently learned some.
    Actually thinking about it he probably learned some for Knockabout.
    Last edited by Ben Gash; 10-18-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk