Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatsan Bak Mei Clip

Fatsan Bak Mei Clip

I don't know anything much about Bak Mei, though it interest me, but i seen this guys clips here before and just saw on youtube subscriptions he has a new one I thought people may interested in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhJnG2AEwIY

the previous clips are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJ0CPbcA3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_-vnP47aA
    Last edited by TongLongJai; 08-27-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Talking

I knew that guy was from our lineage.

A lot of same techniques in CLF too.

Bak Mei is really interesting
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

DraginHouse

In California this lineage of Bak Mei is taught by sifu Zhong Luo at DragonHouseMMA.

dragonhousemma.com

Nice clips, the stances are a tad different then the Pak Mei I have seen and experienced and he doesn't seem to "sink, spit and so forth" as much as other types, but good stuff.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nice clips, the stances are a tad different then the Pak Mei I have seen and experienced and he doesn't seem to "sink, spit and so forth" as much as other types, but good stuff.
    His stances are wider than I was taught(for usage anyway but then again he seems taller) and it seems that he focuses more on speed than power for his strikes(from what i get the CLC guys are the opposite). That would be the reason why he doesnt over emphasize the sink, swallow, spit, float.

I was suprized about the staff usage. We do those drills but we dont use them for strikes. It's funny because I have seen one of my Sifu's Bak Mei teachers use that type of strike against him once but he is from a different Bak Mei lineage. Similar but different part of China.

I love these type of vids because they give me new drills to work that I might not have figured out on my own. Also, they show applications and training which is something that is rarely shown by CLC guys however almost all the Futsan guys do it(and most on youtube ;P). Hopefully we can get the CLC guys to put some up like this so we can share and educate each other instead of pointless bashing.

It is probably due to his tall and lanky built, with long limbs.
    Bak Mei is more short limbed designed I quess, not that anyone can't make it work for them.
    Would have been nice to see some sparring too.
    Its my experience that "machine gun" attacks tend to "fall apart" in full contact situations.

Cool. But that was some serious "babelfish" translation they had in the subtitles...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Fair play to the bloke, he says often enough that this is different from CLC Pak Mei.

Can't say fairer than that. Now, if only folk paid attention we'd be laughing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It is probably due to his tall and lanky built, with long limbs.
    Bak Mei is more short limbed designed I quess, not that anyone can't make it work for them.
    Would have been nice to see some sparring too.
    Its my experience that "machine gun" attacks tend to "fall apart" in full contact situations.
    Hi Sanjuro,
    CLC was tall and lanky. Lam Yu Gwai (Dragon style) was built like a keg. Big insight into the differences between the arts.

Machine gun attacks either work, OR fall apart (regroup?) I suggest, across all styles. i.e. how many MMA bouts end in less than 1 or 2 minutes? The show I watch always starts with one or two before going into longer bouts.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Hi Sanjuro,
    CLC was tall and lanky. Lam Yu Gwai (Dragon style) was built like a keg. Big insight into the differences between the arts.

Machine gun attacks either work, OR fall apart (regroup?) I suggest, across all styles. i.e. how many MMA bouts end in less than 1 or 2 minutes? The show I watch always starts with one or two before going into longer bouts.
    Thanks for the insight into the developers of those systems, makes sense.
    I have never, in all my 30+ years in the MA, seen the "machine gun" combos work in ful contact, be them from Kenpo, WC, bak mei, spm or whatever.
    Heck I don;t even see people do them on the HB, much less a person that is hitting back.
    Sure they look cool in demos where the guy just stands there and the striker is not really hitting anything hard enough for the impact and recoil to through off the smoothness of the strikes, in the real world of full contact where you have to hit hard enough to hurt, it doesn't seem to pan out that way.

What is a "maching gun" attack?

typos aside:

WTF is a "Machine Gun" attack?

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    typos aside:

WTF is a "Machine Gun" attack?
    A very fast combination of strikes done in a "blur"" like fashion.
    Typically done in the air or done by "tapping" a demo partner but never actually seen done in a full contact situation or with any real "power".
    Typically.

I can't open the clip. Is it one of those things where the "student" throws one strike and the "master" throws ten? How many can you throw and land before your opponent does the same? "Machine Gun" attacks are all about getting in range with an escape route. They are not so much ****ed if you do ****ed if you don't attacks. A king hit is more of a hit or miss thing, but it holds that ko power. Anyway, I've only ever been able to throw 3, or 4 of anything at most on a good day, irregardless of how the combo flows. That's standing or grappling. Opponents react. Cheers and thanks for the clarification.