Thread: Fatsan Bak Mei Clip

Hybrid View

Fatsan Bak Mei Clip

I don't know anything much about Bak Mei, though it interest me, but i seen this guys clips here before and just saw on youtube subscriptions he has a new one I thought people may interested in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhJnG2AEwIY

the previous clips are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJ0CPbcA3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_-vnP47aA
    Last edited by TongLongJai; 08-27-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Talking

I knew that guy was from our lineage.

A lot of same techniques in CLF too.

Bak Mei is really interesting
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

DraginHouse

In California this lineage of Bak Mei is taught by sifu Zhong Luo at DragonHouseMMA.

dragonhousemma.com

Nice clips, the stances are a tad different then the Pak Mei I have seen and experienced and he doesn't seem to "sink, spit and so forth" as much as other types, but good stuff.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Nice clips, the stances are a tad different then the Pak Mei I have seen and experienced and he doesn't seem to "sink, spit and so forth" as much as other types, but good stuff.
    His stances are wider than I was taught(for usage anyway but then again he seems taller) and it seems that he focuses more on speed than power for his strikes(from what i get the CLC guys are the opposite). That would be the reason why he doesnt over emphasize the sink, swallow, spit, float.

I was suprized about the staff usage. We do those drills but we dont use them for strikes. It's funny because I have seen one of my Sifu's Bak Mei teachers use that type of strike against him once but he is from a different Bak Mei lineage. Similar but different part of China.

I love these type of vids because they give me new drills to work that I might not have figured out on my own. Also, they show applications and training which is something that is rarely shown by CLC guys however almost all the Futsan guys do it(and most on youtube ;P). Hopefully we can get the CLC guys to put some up like this so we can share and educate each other instead of pointless bashing.