Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Juk Jong - Bamboo Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    On a side note and perhaps to echo Roberts view on the "bambo dummy", I have trained with dummys that have spring arms and fleaxable arms and they suck !
    In theory it makes sense because it adds a certain "aliveness" to the training, in reality, unless you use some serious springs that are VERY h ard to bend and come back at you very fast and hard, it becomes an inferior training aparatus to the standard fixed arm wooden dummy.
    The only one I liked was one in which the arms were hard and ridged but had springs attached to the back that allowed you to pull the arm up or down (only up or down) and the spring was pretty taught and snapped back nice and fast, if you weren't careful, you would eat it.

I'll say that some individuals who have used the spring loaded arms have lost quite a few teeth and received injury to their chin and mouth area. There is a reason it isn't on the market anymore: Product liability!

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    I'll say that some individuals who have used the spring loaded arms have lost quite a few teeth and received injury to their chin and mouth area. There is a reason it isn't on the market anymore: Product liability!
    Those must have been good springs cause the ones I have used lack some serious chi !!
    LOL !
    Most of them are too light and wimpy, you need ones that are basically very stiff and require a good deal of effort to "bend".

If one uses the body, and not the arm and shoulder strength, they're all easy to bend!

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    If one uses the body, and not the arm and shoulder strength, they're all easy to bend!
    LOL, good point !
    But I am sure you have seen and felt some of those "wimpy" ones, they do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Please share your views...
    I already have: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...0&postcount=14

I do not have much use to talk over the internet to a person who is repeating questions as if they were a zoetic MukYanJong. So, unless you have some smarter additional questions to provoke a conversation I find interesting enough to give an answer beyond my first post in this thread, consider this my last post on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    This video is off the subject but I like it check it out tell me what you think?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...&emb=0&start=0
    I think you are looking for something which cannot be found on the internet. What that is, exactly, isn't something of which I know or with which I can help you.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 09-03-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I already have: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...0&postcount=14

I do not have much use to talk over the internet to a person who is repeating questions as if they were a zoetic MukYanJong. So, unless you have some smarter additional questions to provoke a conversation I find interesting enough to give an answer beyond my first post in this thread, consider this my last post on the subject.

I think you are looking for something which cannot be found on the internet. What that is, exactly, isn't something of which I know or with which I can help you.
    Okay thank you for your post. Please feel free to offer some useful information soon...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Bamboo Dummy

The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"