Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post

Remember the society we live in. We're not fighting off people who genuinely want to murder us and our family, most of the time we fight. Usually its people who **** us off or we **** them off. Is it worth severely injuring them? What about the legal consequences? The medical bills and financial hardship they could incur?

Yeah, chances are they probably should've thought of that before they got into a fight with you. But you should understand where your opponent is coming from, as well. We're all inconsiderate *******s at one time or another, the only difference is those inconsiderate *******s we mess up, probably don't have the training we do. And as such, we have a responsibility to it as well.
I was reading the timming and striking thread and this made me think. when in a fight how bad do you want to mess someone up should you grapple them and choke them out or should you just let your hands fly.
personaly I'm more of a fan of striking. plus everytime I think of choking someone out I get reminded of my brother who got charged w/ strangulation when someone pulled a gun on him.. whole nether story
do you even have time to consider the options, or does pure reaction and repetitive traing kick in