Thread: Master Tony Chuy 2

Master Tony Chuy 2

Dear Sirs,

another video has been posted on youtube of my senior classmate, Master Tony Chuy. There are several sarn sao (fight techniques), forms and also it is possible to see how clean and practical are the motions from Master Chuy, one of the most important names in the lineage of late Grandmaster Wong Hon Fan.

Master Tony Chuy

More information about Master Tony Chuy and his Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute, NY

Sincerely,
    Samuel Mendonça
    Last edited by Brazil Mantis; 08-30-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    Samuel Mendonça - Chief Instructor
    Brendan Lai Gungfu Institute - Brazil
    www.brendanlai.com

Samuel

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed his kung fu! You must be very proud.

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Wow! That is some good stuff!

Tony Chuy also studied under Grandmaster Chiu Chuk Kai. You can see a picture of him with my teacher, Master Li Yen Hoa at the bottom of this page.

"We also met one of Sigong's students from his Hong Kong days, one Sifu Tony Chuy. Sifu ("Sisook" to all of Master Lee's students) Chuy had been waiting for 25 years to meet Sifu, and finally got the opportunity at the Midland tournament."
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Great Vids!

Thanks for posting! It's good to see more of Sifu Chuy. He's a good guy with a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again,

Mike D.

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Tony Chuy also studied under Grandmaster Chiu Chuk Kai. You can see a picture of him with my teacher, Master Li Yen Hoa at the bottom of this page.

"We also met one of Sigong's students from his Hong Kong days, one Sifu Tony Chuy. Sifu ("Sisook" to all of Master Lee's students) Chuy had been waiting for 25 years to meet Sifu, and finally got the opportunity at the Midland tournament."
    Thank you TaiChiMantis. Yes, my Sifu, Tony Chuy, does in fact teach both Seven Star and Tai Chi Praying Mantis harmoniously at our school. As you can see in this video, he performs the 2 sectional staff, doube-edged sword (Lawk Ga Gim), 7 sectional chain whip, and the dagger defense techniques. These were all taught to him personally by Sigung Chiu Chuk Kai and are among my Sifu's most loved sets.

- Vance Young
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

Awesome! Master Chuy is truly a great Martial Artist
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影