Iliqchuan Annual Retreat with Sam Chin
October 17-18, 2009

I Liq Chuan (Pinyin = Yiliquan, literally translated as Mental-Physical Martial Art) is an internal art that has become known for its effectiveness as a martial art. The practice of Iliqchuan develops the ability to react spontaneously to attacks, not relying upon pre-arranged responses, through its specialized partner practices of Spinning Hands & Sticky Hands.

This weekend Master Sam Chin, and his instructors, will guide us in learning how to develop specific qualities the internal arts are known for through solo exercises and partner practice. Beginning with the use of a series of specific patterns we will learn to coordinate ourselves alone and with partners. It is through the physical sensitivity and mental awareness of the reactions of both our opponent/partner and our own bodies that we will begin to feel and act spontaneously, rather than thinking and anticipating.

Here is what you will learn this weekend:

1. Taiji & Chan (Zen) approaches to learning.

2. Understand, both mentally & physically, nine qualities essential to the internal arts:

___________Absorb & Project
___________Open & Close
___________Condense & Expand
___________Concave & Convex
___________3-D Action

3. To express the above qualities with a partner through Spinning Hands & Sticky Hands.

4. Strategies of action in dealing with an opponent.

5. Engaging the point of contact. What? How?

Level: All, beginner to advanced.
Seminar Length: 10 hours of class time, 12pm-5pm, Saturday & Sunday
Equipment: Comfortable clothing, indoor shoes & large bottle of water.
Tuition: $200 for both days
Note: Limited to 24 participants.

Master Sam Chin (Chin Fan Siong) has spent his life learning and refining the I Liq Chuan system. After years of study he inherited the family art from his father Chin Lik Keong, the founder of the system. Through his own practice of Buddhist Chan (Zen) philosophies he has gained a deeper understanding of the concept of Awareness. This insight resulted in the tremendous improvement of I Liq Chuan as a martial art. After years of hard work, Master Sam Chin has successfully spread the art to many different countries, including United States, Russia, Australia, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine and England. Master Sam Chin has instructed countless students and promoted a select few to the level of instructor. Master Sam Chin's arduous undertaking has resulted in an increased interest in the I Liq Chuan martial art all across the globe. Practitioners of Taijiquan, Xingyiquan and Baguazhang are amazed to see how the study of the internal principles through the lens of I Liq Chuan deepens their understanding of their respective arts.

We are lucky to be hosting Master Sam Chin this year in New York City.

To register, please visit:
http://www.artemis-seminars.com/semi...iliqchuan.html