Thread: Kung Fu at Expert Village

Kung Fu at Expert Village

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrqE...eature=channel

free.

what do you think?

comments.

It's hard to find an expert.

Unless you have an internet connection of course.

In which case, you have access to millions of experts everyday!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrqE...eature=channel

free.

what do you think?

comments.

This is the problem with techniques like that: presented like that, they seam sound. In reality, any half-decent fighter or relatively athletic person will throw a much more efficient strike (hard out, and defensively back) while maintaining balance... a better fighter will maintain balance and have the hand back while throwing combinations, setting up damaging strikes/throws.

This is why guys who fight all kind of looks the same. Not because they are the same style, or compete in the same venue, but because some basics are universal: hands up, chin down, using elbows to absorb, block or deflect. All this catching in thin air and bending the other guy over... EXTREMELY hard to do against someone who has a clue. And chances are, if the guy is fu(king with you and willing to fight, means he's done it before ... ie, has a clue.

I NEVER trust ANYTHING from Expert Village.

I've seen dangerous weightlifitng demos, dangerous SD, inaccurate yoga... I don't think I've ever seen anything worthwhile on there.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

LMFAO @ "expert village"... pretty much everything I've ever seen from there is piss ass poor
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

more like fail village
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

ttt 4 2016!

Here's a report that was on Nightline recently.

This Chinese Village Learned Kung Fu For Protection Against Wild Animals
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Here's a report that was on Nightline recently.

This Chinese Village Learned Kung Fu For Protection Against Wild Animals
    Greetings,

Thank you for the share, Gene.

Their pole work was intriguing. It has a strong Shaolin influence, quite unlike what is being passed off as such now days

mickey

I've been trained in a similar idea. Never used it for a punch. I have used it off a stiff arm grab. Attacked the joint. Pin strike elbow and I did not complete the technique. No need. Works a charm. I have great reservations for myself personally being able to pull that off for a punch. Not going to say it is impossible because Ive seen impossible work just never for myself, lol. I will say that is not the range I ever experienced or seen most of the time. I have seen a guy charged and punched and he went down.

Mickey, I think you mean the Americanized karate that sometimes masqurades as kung fu ? There is a school that has been around forever that is essentially that. A hodge podge of systems but the guy was always upfront about that. He has used both karate and kung fu in his ads over the years. I believe most if not all the kung fu schools in my area have legit linage.

There was a JKD school I personally questioned the linage because years ago we had a faker. Guy turned out legit. Through a Puerto Rico line. I flat out asked him and he gave me his line and I called and checked it out. He was gold.

This but only the first 2 moves. I slammed the guys tricep area. It was done. I also have used a over under on a guy that reached out to push me but much slower as he was moving slow feeling me out, then after and just locked his joint with enough pop to cause pain. Have used the cross block and banged guys nerves above the wrist too. I wish all went that easy. Anyway, long time ago and aside from the memory of doing I never want to use anything on anyone again if possible and so far so good.

ps. I did not break anyone's arm.

My brother broke a armed guys knee at San Clemente carwash years ago. With Marine Corp stuff. This was pre ground stuff period. He has since achieved his black in Gracie Barra. VMI grad. Different breed. Much more serious. In fact very serious fellow. We have not had contact in like almost 20 years. We sometimes mix poorly.

For those unsure what the heck is a VMI-http://www.vmi.edu/

I had a funny childhood.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 09-08-2016 at 01:52 PM.