Thread: Kung fu in central london UK

Kung fu in central london UK

hiya, I was wondering, is there any kung fu styles out there which don't advocate forms? (except for cotton fist which I can't find). I essentially want to do mainly sanshou but with perhaps the occasional form. I've been to some classes but most don't seem as high intensity as some boxing classes I go to.

Essentially i want something high intensity with loads of sparring but with cultural sensibilities too.

If possible in central london, I'm a poor student =(. I did find a chinese wrestling place which I'm definately going to check out, somewhere on chriswick street.

Best place for San Shou in London is the Shaolin Temple UK people who have a permanant "temple" and consistantly put up the best San Shou fighters in the UK.

Saying that, you will pay a lot for the training and I think that you have to go through a "traditional" programe prior to being able to attend the san shou classes.

Next best would be Neil Rosiak of Renaissance Tai Chi who has a permanant base at (I think) tower bridge.

If you are in the UK now and are interested in San Shou have a look at Pro KouShu that has a new league starting in november.
    http://www.pro.kuoshu.co.uk/
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Check of

Neil Rosark? not sure of the spelling http://themastersclub.tv/?page_id=133

search for Tony Felix.

How about Alna Orr Sifu and his wing chun guys.

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

central london?

what about Steve Morris, is he teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    central london?

what about Steve Morris, is he teaching?
    His regular group is in Birmingham now.

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk/courses.html

Primal is my regular group. This is where we are always developing and testing new training methods. The sessions are usually small, with a mix of regulars plus the occasional newcomer.

Primal is open to all, and instruction is individualised to allow for many different levels of experience. Sessions are normally held on the first and third Sunday of each month.

Bishop Challenor
    Institute Road
    Kings Heath
    Birmingham
    B14 7EG
    Time: 1-4 pm
    Fee: £25 or £40 for two training together

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I'm a student so travelling far isn't in my budget, so sorry if I seem picky. Alot of those places are quite far out and are least 50 minutes journey! I've emailed a few of the suggested places to see about prices. Does anyone know about nai pa shaolin kung fu taught at the university of london? Is it any good? Tony Felix seems to be impossible to find a contact number for!