Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haywire starring Gina Carano

Haywire starring Gina Carano

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Surrounding Gina with strong actors...

...and she'll get every one of them to submit.
    January 07, 2010
    McGregor, Douglas, Fassbender in Soderbergh's 'Knockout'

Steven Soderbergh promised to surround mixed martial artist Gina Carano with strong actors for her feature debut when he first spoke about his revenge spy movie “Knockout,” and he is now delivering the goods.

Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor and Michael Douglas are in negotiations to join the cast of the production, which is being financed by Relativity. Dennis Quaid is also in negotiations in join the cast.

Written by Lem Dobbs, the story sees a female spy (Carano) working for a Blackwater-style security contractor who is betrayed by one of her teammates.

McGregor would play the owner of the company, a one-time confidant of Carano who switches allegiances.

Fassbender will play a British agent who teams up with Carano but proves untrustworthy while Douglas will play an American executive of McGregor’s company who works with her to take down the company.

The movie is scheduled to go before cameras in February in several locations around the world and will be selling at the European Film Market in Berlin. Lionsgate is distributing the movie domestically.

Fassbender, repped by WME, is coming off Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” where he played Lt. Archie Hicox. McGregor, repped by WME and United Agents, next appears in Roman Polanski’s “The Ghost Writer” while WME-repped Douglas, who worked with Soderbergh on the Oscar-winning “Traffic,” wrapped “Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps” last month.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

happy he changed the story

the original storyline was so ****ing generic...im not a soderbergh fan but ill check this one out.gotta support martial arts in movies...

Tatum & Angerano

Tatum was in Fighting. Angarano was in Forbidden Kingdom.
    Two more joining Soderbergh's spy thriller
    Borys Kit
    Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:40am EST

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Channing Tatum and Michael Angarano are in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Steven Soderbergh's spy movie "Knockout."

The film centers on a spy (mixed martial artist Gina Carano) who works for a Blackwater-style security contractor and is betrayed by one of her teammates.

Tatum, who will train with a Mossad agent in preparation for the part, will play one of the agents in her spy cell. Angarano plays a teen who sees Carano in trouble and decides to help, unwittingly ending up as her partner.

The two join Michael Douglas, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor and Dennis Quaid in the Relativity Media production, which begins shooting next month.

The movie will take advantage of tax incentives and rebates in Spain and Ireland to make the most of its $25 million budget.

Tatum, whose credits include "Step Up" and "G.I. Joe," next appears in Lasse Hallstrom's "Dear John" and has "The Eagle of the Ninth," directed by Kevin Macdonald, in the can.

Angarano ("Snow Angels") recently wrapped production on Max Winkler's romantic comedy "Ceremony" with Uma Thurman.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Belated update

I'm changing the title of this thread from 'Soderbergh hits up Carano for film: KNOCKOUT' to 'Haywire starring Gina Carano'
    Exclusive: Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Haywire’ Set For April 22, 2011 Release

No, in case you were wondering (or didn’t hear the news), Steven Soderbergh‘s forthcoming spy action/thriller “Haywire” did not receive an Oscar qualifying run in New York and Los Angeles in October. That was basically an AMC ticketing snafu, but the news did create a ruckus on the web for a minute.

Starring non-actor/mixed martial arts fighter Gina Carano, “Haywire” is simply not that kind of picture. Sources close to the project have described it to us as “if Alfred Hitchock made a Pam Grier movie” and let’s not forget it will have a score by David Holmes who composed the funky, retro-exotica scores to Soderbergh’s “Ocean’s 11-13” films (you can almost count on the fact that Holmes will likely score the just-announced “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.” as well) and the tone and mood of “Haywire” sounds like it was greatly affected by his score.

Featuring an all-star cast including Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Bill Paxton, Michael Angarano, Matthieu Kassovitz and Antonio Banderas, the picture is a gritty spy thriller written by Lem Dobbs (”The Limey”) and starring Carano as a black ops soldier on mission of revenge after she’s double crossed by one of her team-mates (we read the script and it’s taut, lean and mean; typically no-nonsense work by Dobbs).

Last we heard, Relativity Media had essentially bought back “Haywire” from Lionsgate (Relativity Media financed it but Lionsgate had initially acquired it for North American release, Relativity also recently did the same with “Season of The Witch”—they bought it back) and we were told a late March/early April 2011 release was being planned, bumped off from the original idea of a January release.

That release date stuck. While no one is yet officially commenting on the Lionsgate/Relativity move (Overture who have now been absorbed into Relativity once denied it over Twitter), we’re told the film will be receiving an April 22, 2011 release date. That means the film will be up against Sony‘s “Born to Be a Star” remake, Warner Bros. “Crazy, Stupid, Love” and ironically, Lionsgate‘s own “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family.” It’s a smart move considering “Haywire” is essentially completely different from all those films and will target an entirely different demographic.

One of Anne Thompson‘s spies saw the film earlier this year and wrote her to say, “Haywire is pretty fine. Very much like John Huston in his ‘Kremlin Letter’/’Mackintosh Man’ period.” McGregor is playing in essence Erik Prince, added [her] informant, who also admired David Holmes’ “way cool” score.

Update/Correction: We’ve been told by sources that “Haywire” is a Lionsgate picture and that no release dated has officially been scheduled. Additionally, Overture was not absorbed nor is it otherwise connected to Relativity.

Kevin Jagernauth posted to Films, Haywire at 10:57 am on November 18, 2010
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Photos on facebook

There's a file of 52 shots under Gina Joy Carano's Photos - Haywire - Fight scene with Ewan McGregor on facebook. I cherry-picked a few below.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lookin good!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Can't they get her in some sort of bikini? What is the director thinking?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

is that tabi style hybrid foot wear i see? freaking ninjas
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

she has huge thighs like elephant

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Not even remotely interested!

Give me more Michelle Yeoh any day!

I didn't realize Gina was so thick!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I didn't realize Gina was so thick!
    She is Italian....work with me people!
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Not even remotely interested!

Give me more Michelle Yeoh any day!
    A wise man doesn't limit himself...I'll have Michelle call you when I'm done.