Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Haywire starring Gina Carano

i would be excited if it wasnt a steven soderberg film...this guy bores the **** out of me.....ill see it, cause of the MA connection...but i have 0 expectations for this film. ill commend him thou on using "thickness" i mean Gina...she actually looks like she can beat a dudes ass.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    she actually looks like she can beat a dudes ass.
    thats probably because she can ! lol

i mean i looked up her specs, 5'8 and 148 or so...looks about right to me for a fighter. plus that suit she has on adds to the whole body image in those pictures.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh ya, just a reminder. you guys are caaaraaazy.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Most pro fighters always "walk around" bigger than they fight, you lose a lot of weight trying for a pro level fight.
    Makes since she would be a tad thicker, but my, what lovely thickness
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i dont mind alittle bit of thickness but bawangs right about the elephant legs

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I'll put money down says you guys wouldn't say that to her face....even more says if u do that u get ktfo lol and even more yet cuz id pay to watch it all go down. Haha

I'm 5'8 and 148!!!

Okay...um... maybe more like 155....160? And I don't have elephant legs. I have bird legs. All my weight is in my qi belly. Nevertheless, Gina and Gene make a nice couple, don't you think?

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i would endorse that Gene ol chap at least a few of us have good taste lol

Hey now, I'm not saying she's not hot. Just saying, didn't realize how big she actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'll put money down says you guys wouldn't say that to her face....even more says if u do that u get ktfo lol and even more yet cuz id pay to watch it all go down. Haha
    i would

if shes in that shape she will gass easily

or i get taken down and triangled

win win either way

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Official trailer dropped at Comic-Con

Haywire Official Trailer

Jul 22, 2011
    'Haywire' star Gina Carano punches, kicks her way into fans' hearts
    By Brian Truitt, USA TODAY
    Updated 2d 19h ago

By Claudette Barius
    Mixed martial arts fighter Gina Carano made her case as the female Jason Statham today during the Comic-Con panel for Haywire, Director Steven Soderbergh was inspired to base an action film around Carano after watching one of her MMA fights on television, and it marks Carano's feature debut.

"I've never seen someone like her fight – in a cage," said Soderbergh, whose Haywire casts Carano as a former Marine and current special operative for a private firm who is framed for a murder.

Lots of running, jumping, shooting, kicking, punching, choking, kicking in doors and kicking people through doors all ensue.

"It was the time of my life," Carano said. "I woke up everybody with a fresh perspective. I really liked the physical days because I'm a physical person."

Carano met with Soderbergh for the first time soon after her MMA loss to Christiane "Cyborg" Santos in 2009. She still had a black eye she covered up with makeup, and they talked about her life and experiences.

Carano soon went straight into what she calls "Acting 101." "It ruined movies for a couple months for me because I noticed everything," she said, laughing, "But I appreciate actors and what they go through."

She had to go up against a lot of A-list actors in fight scenes for the movie. Soderbergh showed footage of one epic hotel-room throwdown with Carano in an evening dress and Michael Fassbender in a suit.

And in the beginning of the movie, there is a scene in a diner where Channing Tatum had to hit her with a ketchup bottle even though he didn't want to. "Then she called me the female P word and then I had to, for my manity," Tatum said. "Then I hit her and and she hit me back twice as hard. Then I didn't want to hit her anymore."

Haywire comes out in January, and she aims to be back in an MMA match before then. "My first love is fighting," she said, "and I don't think I've got out of my system what I need to yet."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Secret Screening at AFI

Just got this press release. Actually I got it at 01:18 PM 11/6/2011, but that was Sunday and I don't pick up my work email on Sunday.
    STEVEN SODERBERGH’S HAYWIRE TO DEBUT AS “SECRET SCREENING” AT AFI FEST 2011 presented by Audi

Free Tickets Available at the AT&T Box Office Sunday, November 6 Starting at 10:00 a.m.

LOS ANGELES, CA, November 6, 2011 – The American Film Institute (AFI) today announced that this year’s “Secret Screening” at AFI FEST presented by Audi will be the debut of Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh’s highly anticipated new film HAYWIRE, starring Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas, Bill Paxton and introducing mixed martial arts (MMA) star Gina Carano in a demanding lead role that has her performing her own high-adrenaline stunts. AFI FEST will roll out the People’s Red Carpet prior to the screening on November 6 at 9:30 p.m. where all guests can walk the carpet and pose for photos.

A dynamic action-thriller, HAYWIRE tells the story of Mallory Kane, a highly trained operative who works for a government security contractor in the dirtiest, most dangerous corners of the world. After successfully freeing a Chinese journalist held hostage, she is double crossed and left for dead by someone close to her in her own agency. Suddenly the target of skilled assassins who know her every move, Mallory must find the truth in order to stay alive. Using her black-ops military training, she devises an ingenious – and dangerous – trap. But when things go haywire, Mallory realizes she’ll be killed in the blink of an eye unless she finds a way to turn the tables on her ruthless adversary.

HAYWIRE marks Steven Soderbergh’s 25th film. Relativity Media will release HAYWIRE in theaters January 20, 2012. Soderbergh’s most recent film, the thriller CONTAGION, was released in September 2011. He earned an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay for his directorial debut, SEX, LIES, AND VIDEOTAPE and the Academy Award in 2000 for directing TRAFFIC, the same year he was nominated for ERIN BROCKOVICH. Among his other credits are the films AND EVERYTHING IS GOING FINE, BUBBLE, CHE, FULL FRONTAL, GRAY’S ANATOMY, THE GIRLFRIENDEXPERIENCE, THE GOOD GERMAN, THE INFORMANT!, KAFKA, KING OF THE HILL, THE LIMEY, THE OCEAN’S trilogy, OUT OF SIGHT, SCHIZOPOLIS, SOLARIS and THE UNDERNEATH.

Admission to HAYWIRE is available to AFI FEST 2011 pass holders and free tickets for the screening can be obtained at theAT&T Box Office located in suite 219 at the Hollywood and Highland Center between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. today. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Rush Line will begin forming at 8:30 p.m.

AFI FEST – celebrating its 25th year – takes place November 3 through 10 in Hollywood, California, at the historic Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres, the Egyptian Theatre and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.

About the American Film Institute

AFI is America’s promise to preserve the history of the motion picture, to honor the artists and their work and to educate the next generation of storytellers.

AFI provides leadership in film, television and digital media and is dedicated to initiatives that engage the past, the present and the future of the moving image arts. AFI programs include the AFI Catalog of Feature Films and Archive, the AFI Life Achievement Award, now in it's 40th year, AFI Awards, honoring the most outstanding motion pictures and television programs of the year, AFI Fest presented by Audi, celebrating its 25th edition this fall, AFI-Discovery Channel Silverdocs, AFI Silver Theatre and the AFI Conservatory, which was named the # 1 film school in the world by The Hollywood Reporter.

Additional information about AFI is available at AFI.com.

About AFI FEST

Celebrating its 25th year as a program of the American Film Institute, AFI FEST 2011 presented by Audi takes place November 3 through 10 in the heart of Hollywood. Kicking off the awards season each year, AFI FEST offers a crucial avenue of exposure to the entertainment community, while providing appreciative audiences with a festive atmosphere and the very best of global cinema, right in the center of the film capital of the world.

The American Film Market (AFM), November 2 through 9, 2011, is the market partner of AFI FEST. Together, AFI FEST and AFM provide the only concurrent festival-market event in North America. AFI FEST is the only FIAPF-accredited film festival in the United States. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences recognizes AFI FEST as a qualifying festival for the Short Films category for the annual Academy Awards®.

Audi is the festival's presenting sponsor. Additional sponsors include American Airlines, the official airline of AFI;AT&T; Pepsi; Merrill Lynch Wealth Management; the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel; the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas; Levi’s; Stella Artois; Hollywood & Highland; Entertainment Weekly; Los Angeles Times; and American Film Market(AFM), among many others.

Additional information about AFI FEST 2011 presented by Audi is available at AFI.com/AFIFEST. Connect with AFI FEST at facebook.com/AFIFEST, twitter.com/AFIFEST and youtube.com/AFIFEST.

About Audi

Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. During 2010 Audi was the top performing luxury brand in Europe, and broke all-timecompany sales records in the U.S. Over the next few years, AUDI AG will invest nearly $16 billion on new products and technologies. Visit audiusa.com or audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.

About AFM

The business of independent motion picture production and distribution reaches its peak every year at the AFM, when more than 8,000 industry leaders converge in Santa Monica for eight days of deal-making, screenings, premieres, networking, parties and conferences. Participants come from more than 70 countries and include acquisition and development executives, agents, attorneys, directors, distributors, festival directors, financiers, film commissioners, producers, writers, the world's press and all those who provide services to the motion picture industry. The AFM is produced by the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA). More information is online at AmericanFilmMarket.com.

HAYWIRE
    January 20, 2012
    DIRECTOR: Steven Soderbergh WRITER: Lem Dobbs
    CAST: Gina Carano
    Channing Tatum
    Michael Fassbender
    Ewan McGregor
    Michael Angarano
    Antonio Banderas
    Michael Douglas
    Bill Paxton
    PRODUCERS: Gregory Jacobs
    EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Michael Polaire, Tucker Tooley

This dynamic action-thriller directed by Oscar® winner Steven Soderbergh (Traffic) boasts a talented cast that includes Channing Tatum (GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra), Ewan McGregor (The Ghost Writer), Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class), Antonio Banderas (The Legend of Zoro), Bill Paxton (“Big Love”), Michael Douglas (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps), Michael Angarano (Almost Famous); and introduces mixed martial arts (MMA) superstar Gina Carano as Mallory Kane, in a demanding lead role that has her performing her own high-adrenaline stunts.

Mallory Kane is a highly trained operative who works for a government security contractor in the dirtiest, most dangerous corners of the world. After successfully freeing a Chinese journalist held hostage, she is double crossed and left for dead by someone close to her in her own agency. Suddenly the target of skilled assassins who know her every move, Mallory must find the truth in order to stay alive.

Using her black-ops military training, she devises an ingenious—and dangerous—trap. But when things go haywire, Mallory realizes she’ll be killed in the blink of an eye unless she finds a way to turn the tables on her ruthless adversary.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/haywiremovie

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/haywiremovie
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wake of AFI

THR likes it.
    Haywire: Film Review
    12:51 PM PST 11/7/2011 by Todd McCarthy

Haywire Film Still Relativity - H 2011

The Bottom Line
    Martial arts maestra Gina Casrano convincingly kicks considerable ass in Steven Soderbergh's engaging action lark.

Venue
    AFI Fest

Director
    Steven Soderbergh

Cast
    Gina Carano, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Mathieu Kassovitz

Gina Carano stars as a covert operative who proceeds to whup a succession of macho leading men in addition to assorted anonymous foes.

Imagine an entire action film dedicated to the proposition that every fight possesses the intensity of the classic Sean Connery-Robert Shaw to-the-death scrap in From Russia With Love and you’ll know what Haywire is all about. With all the feel of a vacation from more high-minded and ambitious projects, Steven Soderbergh celebrates making his 25th feature film within 22 years with a kick-ass international action romp toplining mixed martial arts star Gina Carano as a covert operative who proceeds to whup a succession of macho leading men in addition to assorted anonymous foes; she’s Pepper to Angelina’s Salt. World-premiered as a surprise sneak preview at Hollywood’s AFI Fest, this Relativity release should enjoy a solid commercial career with action-seeking male and female audiences upon its Jan. 20 release.

A handsome, black-haired hardbody who wears an evening dress as easily as she does a hoodie, Carano exudes the sort of self-confidence and physical wherewithal that leaves no doubt she can prevail in any situation. This is essential because the film rides upon one’s certainty that her character, Mallory Kane, an international troubleshooter assigned to off-the-books missions, can take out virtually any guy in mano a mano combat. Soderbergh shoots her half-a-dozen or so fight scenes without doubles or cheat editing, emphasizing his star’s abilities to the extent that the semblance and extremity of the combat’s reality becomes the film’s entire raison d’etre.

In this, Haywire entirely and winningly succeeds. In one sequence, she chases a young man across half of Barcelona until she catches up with him and lets him have it. Elsewhere, she bounces off walls, leaps from one building to another, employs a devastating leg lock, exhibits extraordinary backward driving skills, shoots unerringly, slams guys into assorted hard surfaces, knows just where to kick and, once, sensing she’s met a physical complement, makes out with a young hunk.

Soderbergh and scenarist Lem Dobbs, who previously wrote Kafka and The Limey for the director, seem keen to admit that the action scenes are the point of the film, content to construct a plainly generic story around them. It’s a straight revenge tale, with Mallory fighting her way through assorted muscle-bound, well-armed and otherwise formidable obstacles in order to find out who set her up for assassination after she pulled off the Barcelona job.

The script makes no attempt to assert its plausibility or realism; it is, instead, refreshingly frank about what it is, a simple, workable framework for the melees and mayhem.

Haywire gets right down to the business in the opening scene, a very rough tussle between Mallory and an agent (Channing Tatum) with whom she has history. Escaping in a car with a freaked-out young man named Scott (Michael Angarano), she relates what’s led up to this tense moment, beginning with the Barcelona caper, which Mallory pulled off with great panache.

Mallory’s point man (Ewan McGregor, with a very ****y haircut) then sends her to Dublin on unwanted arm-candy duty with another operative, the dashing Paul (Michael Fassbender, in glamor-boy mode). The two are very well matched physically, in their sophistication and their ruthlessness, which becomes apparent when Paul, instead of putting the make on her, tries to kill her. Their prolonged struggle, which demolishes a suite at the Shelbourne Hotel, is a tour de force for the performers, director and whoever else helped work out all the moves.

Now knowing she’s been betrayed, Mallory dedicates herself to getting back to the U.S., but must first contend with a platoon of agents who chase her through the streets and across the rooftops of Dublin. Her international travel difficulties conveniently skipped over, the yarn rejoins the present-day as Mallory and Scott’s getaway is abruptly ended so as to force the story to the grand New Mexico home of Mallory’s father (a very good Bill Paxton). It turns out Mallory is just a daddy’s girl after all, the daughter of a former Marine (as she is, too) who is now a renowned author of modern warfare nonfiction. The house becomes the setting for film’s rough penultimate battle before Mallory settles up accounts with her superiors, who also include the smooth top man played by Michael Douglas and a more shadowy figure portrayed by Antonio Banderas, mostly in a bushy graying beard.

The fine use of locations, elegantly mobile shooting style and hair-trigger editing are all in line with what one expects from Soderbergh. But here the generally larky but serious-when-it-needs-to-be tone is set by the wildly diverse musical contributions of David Holmes, whose film score-sampling background and blues-and-jazz techno orientation yield many different flavors to occasionally jarring but overall bouyant effect.

As solid as all the male actors are, in the end the show belongs to Soderbergh, who took a risk with a largely untested leading lady, and Carano, whose shoulders, and everything else, prove plenty strong enough to carry the film. The director shrewdly determined what she could and perhaps couldn’t do, and she delivered with a turn that makes other actresses who have attempted such roles, no matter how toned and buff they became, look like pretenders.

Venue: AFI Film Festival
    Opens: Jan. 20 (Relativity Media)
    Production: Relativity Media
    Cast Gina Carano, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Mathieu Kassovitz, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas
    Director: Steven Soderbergh
    Screenwriter: Lem Dobbs
    Producer: Gregory Jacobs
    Executive Producers: Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley, Michael Polaire
    Director of Photography: Peter Andrews
    Production Designer: Howard Cummings
    Costume Designer: Shoshana Rubin
    Editor: Mary Ann Bernard
    Music: David Holmes
    91 minutes
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

New trailer

click the first link for the trailer.
    See Michael Fassbender kicking ass in new 'Haywire' trailer -- EXCLUSIVE
    by Anthony Breznican
    Categories: EW Exclusive, Movie Trailers, Movies

All the talk is about Michael Fassbender’s full-frontal nude scene in the NC-17 sex-addict drama Shame, but in the Steven Soderbergh-directed action-thriller Haywire, a mistake during a savage fight led to a different kind of full-frontal action.

“I remember it clearly,” Fassbender says of the error that led to prop weapon colliding squarely with his face. It happened while in the midst of a knock-down drag-out fight with mixed martial arts fighter Gina Carano, who stars in the film as the special-ops agent everyone in the film wants dead.

“She is supposed to pick up a vase and it breaks away, and the stunt guy said, ‘She’s going to grab it and hit you on the side of the head. But the one thing that’s important as she swings toward your head is you don’t look at her. You turn your head away and take the hit.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it.’”

He underestimated the instinct to turn toward a projectile.

“Of course, Gina picked up the vase and I looked right at it,” Fassbender said. There was no serious injury, just a little blinding pain. “It was like a camera bulb had gone off,” he said.

In the movie, out Jan. 20, Fassbender plays an associate agent sent to masquerade with Carano as a wealthy couple touring Dublin, but he’s actually there to double-cross her for their superiors. As the pair enter their hotel room together at the end of a cover mission, a savage, shattering brawl ensues. “He makes his first maneuver on her at the door, and it should be a quick kill but it all goes wrong. And then it’s a matter of finding anything, something hard or that has a sharp edge. It’s an anything goes type thing,” Fassbender says. “These fights are messy.”

Those can be the best kind, though. “Yeah, it was fun,” he recalls with a wincing hiss. “A few bruises though.” Fassbender was facing off with someone who knew how to throw a punch in real life, but was a novice about movie fighting. “I was just focused on keeping it together, and not getting clocked and not hitting Gina, though she would be able to take it a lot better than I would,” Fassbender jokes.

When you watch the attack in the trailer, it’s hard not to see something sexual in these two beautiful, glamorous people grappling with each other. “I suppose the life [these spies] are leading seems to be an exciting one, so there are elements of sex and death,” Fassbender says. He supposes? At one point, she puts his face in a leg-lock and tries to smother him with her thighs. Fassbender chuckles: “I mean, I just put my head where they tell me to… ”

Except, of course, when he doesn’t.
    Gina Carano's 'Haywire' stuck with R rating
    November 15, 2011 | 3:35 pm

EXCLUSIVE: "Haywire," the Steven Soderbergh spy thriller that marks the acting debut of mixed martial arts star Gina Carano, won't be available to a large majority of the teen market.

The ratings board at the Motion Picture Assn. of America has upheld its R rating for the film, said a person close to the group who was not authorized to discuss the decision publicly.

"Haywire," which will be released Jan. 20 by Relativity Media, hopes to target a youthful audience. Mixed martial arts draws disproportionately from teens, twentysomethings and thirtysomethings; Saturday's Junior dos Santos-Cain Velasquez fight on Fox, for instance, won its time slot in the 18-34 demographic. The prospect that filmgoers under 17 won't be able to buy tickets to “Haywire” without an adult present is a blow to the movie and to Relativity, which had spearheaded the appeal.

A globetrotting action movie that derives as much from "Warrior" as the Jason Bourne films, "Haywire" shows Carano as a kind of female assassin, taking care of her enemies (and she has many) with her fists as well as her brains, with Michael Fassbender and Michael Douglas costarring. "Why is Angelina [Jolie] currently the only woman who's allowed to run around with a gun and beat people up?" Soderbergh recently told an AFI audience. "Someone 20 years ago put Steven Seagal in a movie. Why don't we step it up?"

The MPAA does not offer details on appeals, although “Haywire” does feature a number of scenes of intense physical violence. (The initial ruling was given because of “some violence.”) Intriguingly, the movie is relatively light on the weaponry and other accouterments of some violence-heavy movies that merit only a PG-13, such as “Sucker Punch."

It's unlikely the studio could remove the most violent “Haywire” fight scenes, which are woven into the fabric of the film.

A Relativity spokesman did not immediately comment on the decision.

The MPAA sees a number of appeals each year, occasionally overturning its earlier decisions. Last year it famously decided to knock "Blue Valentine" from an NC-17 to an R after being lobbied by Harvey Weinstein, the film's distributor.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Mongo like Gina, she is gorgeous...elephant legs?? Really? Maybe if you're 5'2". This doesn't look bad as Doug fears...I wonder how much they're gonna let her talk. I just hope I don't have to see Michael Douglas' ass again.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost