Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "You Lie"

Just bought a T-Shirt. HEHEHEHE

http://shop.cafepress.com/design/35535215
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Just bought a T-Shirt. HEHEHEHE

http://shop.cafepress.com/design/35535215
    My, you're gonna look like such a ****.

GLW is correct.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    When I heard about this tonight I just could not believe it. For those that don't know the President was shouted down by a GOP congressman while giving his speech tonight.

"You Lie"

What makes this totally outragous (The disrespect to the office is bad enough) is that had this been a white president it would have never happened.
    Not only WOULD it happen, IT ALREADY HAS HAPPENED!!

Bush's State of the Union speech in 2005, not by merely one opponent in the Congress, but by a rather large number!

Where is your post from 2005 demonstrating your indignation about that occasion?

Take your racism somewhere else!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 09-11-2009 at 02:21 AM.

thank you.

and : Obama is an idiot.

What Scott R. Brown says is not exactly true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM

The clear audio shows that there were people grumbling and harumphing...but they also show the applause and cheers after a statement or two.

"Grumble grumble, nah...grumble" is a far cry from standing up and shouting "You lie!"

The grumble grumble stuff has happened over and over for a long time. There have also been moments of laughter - both WITH and AT the President doing the address.

But an instance of a clear verbal insult is different.

Wilson had other options. It was a display of his lack of self-control. And to top it all off, places like factcheck have shown he is offbase.

This is just like Cheney telling someone publicly to "go f@ck yourself" IT shows more about the character of the person making the statement than the person receiving it.

There used to be people who could ARTFULLY tell you where to go in such a way that you looked forward to the trip....obviously not on that side of the aisle now.

When even John McCain says it was wrong, you definitely pulled a boner - or is that a Boehner?

You're just throwing out names. No examples from these groups? Also, anybody can photoshop pictures like you show. That's no big deal.

Repeat: Bush was never disrespected by a member of congress on the floor of the congress.......

That's what this issue is about.

By the way Bush will go down in history as our worst President. We are just learning about the tip of the iceberg. The lastest story, raising the terror alert before the election is just another example of abuse of office from the Bush admin.
    no disrespect but any photo of Bush as Hitler or Obama as the Joker has to be photoshopped. You asked for names. ANSWER, never heard of them, MOVEON.org never heard of them? Bush was booed in Congress in 04 or 05 by a mass of Democrats. We may have to agree to disagree and I wish you well.

i think it was an awesome display of fearlessness to speak up when others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    no disrespect but any photo of Bush as Hitler or Obama as the Joker has to be photoshopped. You asked for names. ANSWER, never heard of them, MOVEON.org never heard of them? Bush was booed in Congress in 04 or 05 by a mass of Democrats. We may have to agree to disagree and I wish you well.
    Where did I say I'd never heard of the groups you mentioned? By the way when did Moveon equate Bush to Hitler? What was said? I don't frequent the site but I do believe they have an open forum where anyone can comment. Of course all posts that resort to that level are removed as soon as they are discovered. However I will be really surprised if you show me an article written equating Bush to Hitler by a member of the Moveon staff.

"04 or 05"????? If you don't even know how do you expect me to? In any case the previous post summed that up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i think it was an awesome display of fearlessness to speak up when others do not.

You mean like McCarthy during the 50s, right?

Yep! That takes real guts!

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    What Scott R. Brown says is not exactly true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM

The clear audio shows that there were people grumbling and harumphing...but they also show the applause and cheers after a statement or two.

"Grumble grumble, nah...grumble" is a far cry from standing up and shouting "You lie!"

The grumble grumble stuff has happened over and over for a long time. There have also been moments of laughter - both WITH and AT the President doing the address.

But an instance of a clear verbal insult is different.

Wilson had other options. It was a display of his lack of self-control. And to top it all off, places like factcheck have shown he is offbase.

This is just like Cheney telling someone publicly to "go f@ck yourself" IT shows more about the character of the person making the statement than the person receiving it.

There used to be people who could ARTFULLY tell you where to go in such a way that you looked forward to the trip....obviously not on that side of the aisle now.

When even John McCain says it was wrong, you definitely pulled a boner - or is that a Boehner?
    Actually, if you listen to the news commentators after the fact they say he was booed. Ted Coppel to be specific. Further, the audio is not as crisp so it is is harder to hear. Just because you can't hear it as well does not mean it didn't happen. There was way more than one person heckling too! Thirdly, you think there were no cheers for Obama during his speech?

You are hearing what you want to hear and not what actually occurred.

If you think that Obama and his crowd speak appropriately about their political opponents you are naive.

John McCain is a tool and a fool. No one but liberals care what he thinks!

Wilson is NOT off base. All illegal aliens are already covered when ever they show up to an emergency room. This is a Supreme Court ruling. There is nothing in the legislation that actually says illegal aliens are NOT to be covered. The Democrats already shot down, on two occasions, wording that would specifically state illegal aliens will not be covered.

They most likely plan to grandfather them all into legal status anyway. They did it under Reagan, they will try to do it again!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 09-11-2009 at 08:38 AM.

You mean like McCarthy during the 50s, right?

Yep! That takes real guts!
    Or you right now!

We live is a theoretically free society. Political speech is protected. I think it shows the childishness of those in power to whine and cry about this.

Obama is a liar! Anyone with a brain knows it. If you don't want to be called out for lying...how about don't do it. it is that simple!

By the way. By saying you, I am not referring to you in particular, I mean anyone in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Actually, if you listen to the news commentators after the fact they say he was booed. Ted Coppel to be specific. Further, the audio is not as crisp so it is is harder to hear. Just because you can't hear it as well does not mean it didn't happen. There was way more than one person heckling too! Thirdly, you think there were no cheers for Obama during his speech?

You are hearing what you want to hear and not what actually occurred.

If you think that Obama and his crowd speak appropriately about their political opponents you are naive.

John McCain is a tool and a fool. No one but liberals care what he thinks!

Wilson is NOT off base. All illegal aliens are already covered when ever they show up to an emergency room. This is a Supreme Court ruling. There is nothing in the legislation that actually says illegal aliens are NOT to be covered. The Democrats already shot down, on two occasions, wording that would specifically state illegal aliens will not be covered.

They most likely plan to grandfather them all into legal status anyway. They did it under Reagan, they will try to do it again!

Well said about McCain. He was the lesser of two idiots however, that of course leaves out Sarah Palin who I believe has a real shot. I dont think however that any Congress for the next 10-20 years are going to attempt to legalize illegals, even Ronaldus Magnus said it was a mistake after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Or you right now!

We live is a theoretically free society. Political speech is protected. I think it shows the childishness of those in power to whine and cry about this.
    You don't see me complaining about the Limbaughs, Coulters and Becks that spend hours a day on radio and TV spewing their garbage to anyone willing to listen.

You Neos have developed a plan that started with the Town Hall meetings. That is to infiltrate any polical gathering and take it over by shouting over the the main speaker or the moderator and by intimidation. According to you Wilson has every right, under the Constitution, to disrupt the President's speech. I disagree. He is completely free to call a news conference afterwards and express his point of view. Otherwise the idea of having anyone speak in congress will be pointless. Every speaker would be shouted down and nothing would be accomplished.

This is mob mentality. I'm surprised no one from the GOP other than McCain has come out and said this.

Another distrubing trend is the people who come to these public events carrying guns. It's just a matter of time......

9/11 tributes?

Anybody else have an issue with Obama deciding that this day of all days is now a National Day of SERVICE?

i worked with traders at Cantor Fitzgerald, 650 of those guys were killed that day. I dont see this as a day of service I see it as a day of remembering and hoping to God almighty the human debris that did 9-11 suffer a thousand deaths, sans the virgins.

Obama is a friggin tool.