Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Kung fu weapon

I like the rope dart also....... the fan too, There so fun to use!!!!
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

"**** that looks fun" weapons:

rope dart, hook swords, chain whip, and maybe a monk spade (just so I can say "Eat monk spade!" before striking).

I like the beggar's cane (about 4 foot long) and short sticks as practical weapons. I personally think the broadsword, sai, tiger fork, and rake are the most fun weapons to practice.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

For fun and to impress chicks...

those big shiny meteor hammer thingies.

anyone know the history on those things?

applications would be simple:

BSMHT's vs. right punch = bash it

BSMHT's vs. right kick = bash it

BSMHT's vs. choke = bash him

OMG, if simplicity is the key then these things are.....

The Ultimate Fighting Weapons

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

long - spear
    short - double knife

The staff.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

IN MY OPINION YOU CANNOT BEAT THE CHUCKS(NOT THAT I HAVE REALLY TRIED ANYTHING ELSE!)THEY DO WONDERS FOR CO ORDINATION AND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SATISFYING SOUND (THWACK!)THEY MAKE WHEN THEY THUD AGAINST THE HEAVY BAG!!

nunchukas? you have to be joking...no offense.

xie li wong Guest
    Originally posted by germpest
    nunchukas? you have to be joking...no offense.
    davethedragon lol
    just ignore germpest he does not know what he is talking about!

He asked what is everyone's favorite weapon to practice with and you answered him and then he comes back and laughs at you! He is an a$$! i'm glad you posted it and welcome to KFO man!!!
    Last edited by xie li wong; 03-05-2003 at 02:25 AM.

no honestly mate

as i say i have never really tried any other weapons but i really enjoy messing around with them. I never take a weapon out with me so if i was attacked and felt i needed one i would have to use whatever came to hand.

i just looked at my last post and i am down as a junior i must have f***ed up when i sign up.

oh well.

My favorite is definitely the whip chain. I'm really only very skilled at the staff/spear and straight sword, but I love the whip chain. About a year ago I was visiting with Mr. Wong while on a mutual visit to Seattle. The family he was staying with had a daughter (about 10 years old) who was amazing with a whip chain.

Prior to that visit, I had only seen it used for modern wu shu performances. While this is a beautiful display in itself, it tends to lack a real tangible martial aspect. This girl could whip that weapon around, switching up tempo and direction at will. She had tacked a number of 3" margarine tub lids to a board and painted little designs on them. Swinging the chain full-speed, and without missing a beat, she could shoot it out and hit any lid she called without touching the others.

Well, watching her pretty much inspired me to take up that weapon. I saw its practicality for the first time. Granted, it is not analogous to many improvised weapons, nor am I likely to be attacked by ninjas who might accidentally drop one for me to use. However, I still practice its martial applications and treat it as a weapon.

My biggest problem is that I have no one locally who can teach me this weapon. So, I am learning largely by trial and error. I fortunately have a solid kung fu and weapons foundation, but it still would be much better to find a good instructor. I now have students asking me if I will teach them the whip chain. I tell them to ask me again in a few years.

-B
    --------------------------------------------
    My posting policy: I have been around and paid my dues. I do not post anything which I am not reasonably certain is true. I use my real name and location, and lay it on the line for all to see. Take my advice or don't take my advice. Learn from my post or don't learn from my post. It matters not to me, but it is there free for anyone that wants it. Just don't ask me to qualify every statement I make, because I will not respond. This is a fruitless exercise.

xie li wong

thank you very much !!
    and dont worry no offense was taken!!

i have beena silent spectator on the forum for a while but decided that it was time to contribute.

a
    Last edited by germpest; 03-05-2003 at 02:48 AM.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Brent, don't you think there is some crossover of the whip chain
    to your belt (the one you wear with pants).

I too agree the the nunchaku is a great weapon.
    Small, powerful, effective against most other weapons with the
    proper training.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Could a shovel or something be a real life substitute for the monk spade?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash