Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Au Wing Nin's teachers

Au Wing Nin's teachers

Looking for information about teachers and systems influencing TWC master Au Wing Nin in the days before he became a disciple of White Crane grandmaster Ng Siu Jung. Au was born in 1909 so each of these teachers was active in the early 1900s.

Choi Ga Au Fat, known as "Iron Hand" Au; Wing Nin's father.

Lama Kyuhn AW-N learned from a monk named Tiet Sim See and another teacher named Ching Wai.

Anyone know of connections in the Choi Ga or Lama style trees?

Thanks, in advance.

John
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

weren't the monks students of wong yan lum?

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    weren't the monks students of wong yan lum?
    That would be my guess. But I thought Au also had a connection to Chu Chi Yu.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

I REALLY REALLY wanna find out more info on Chu Chi Yu

ttt until I can go home tonight and scan an article that suggests previous may have been confused
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Sorry, I mis-read this article late at night, yes, Au's lama teachers are those monks

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    interesting......Cheuk Tze being the nephew of Tse wing bun.....cool
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Any more info on those two monks teachers of Au Wing Nam? Like for example their names in Chinese or in which temple they were ordered monks?
    Last edited by Gru Bianca; 09-22-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Tit Sim Si is probably something like the "iron monk" and we could figure out the other but you won't get much beyond that, lots of mystery monks in Lion's Roar traditions, you can speculate why

I was actually caressing the idea of doing an historical research (at my own pace of course and life duties allowing) on the Liion's Roar origin since it reached China, but I've only found so far that 升龙seems to be Chinese and not Tibetan.
    I know this kind of research could be really tricky and most of all time consuming with the risk to end up with a bunch of flies at hand; however I was kind of pushed into it by some speculations from certain circles that the three styles said to be originated in Tibet are in fact Chinese and with no relation to Tibet.

I am having trouble typing because I hurt a finger but lion's roar is from qinghai and at th time that was called part of tibet, but lion's roar is Chinese, tibetan, manchurian, mongolian, ie western china

I hear you, but what I mean is that what has been questioned is the Buddhist origin of it especially the Tibetan Buddhism of it.
    Any way, if you have some solid sources as on the history of the Lion's Roar origin ( I mean behind the oral tradition ), then I'd be really grateful to you if you could guide me to it.

Thank you

a relationship between Buddhism and fighting is always questionable, been discussed here before

but there is vajrayana (ie tibetan) buddhism in China, and most Mongolians and Manchurians are this sect as well, ie vajrayana is the chief buddhism of western / frontier china

Thank you, I hear you on that too, however we are still on the speculating side as for the origin of Lion's Roar, meaning not much more then miths as per now.

Thanks and good night, 2 am here, time to sleep