Thread: WC Teachers in Los Angeles Area

WC Teachers in Los Angeles Area

All, I am trying to identify WC coaches / teachers / school in the greater Los Angeles area. Via google I've come up with the following:

Gary Lam
    Alan Lamb
    Tom Wong
    Robert Chu
    Hawkin's school
    Ernie Barrios
    Todd Shawn Tei
    Alan Peterson
    Eric Oram...I think

Anybody heard of:
    wong siu: does he still teach here in Los Angeles
    Stanley wong: Does he still teach here in Los Angeles?

Are there others that I am missing? If so, please post their name and contact information. I'm trying to find a WC home in the LA. I've visited a couple of schools but am still looking.

Thanks as usual.

Rindge

If it were me, I'd check out Hawkins and Barrios clubs.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Stay far far away from Todd Tei.

Gary Lam's place is legit, as is Robert Chu's. Hawkins is great I've had the pleasure of doing chi sao and sparring with a 1st and 3rd year student and their structure was very nice.
    Last edited by AdrianK; 09-14-2009 at 01:18 AM.

If you want TWC Eric is the guy to go to of course. If not then Gary, Ernie, that
    Chu guy...lol, are the ones I know of that are good. I do like Alan Lamb's approach to WC though since I studied with him.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

You're spoilt for choice really, you lucky so-and-so!

spoiled

CFT, one is not as spoiled for choice as you might think. On the web you read and hear things about people/schools. You then go meet them and maybe even train with them in person and things are slightly different. I just moved here to LA and also thought I would be spoiled as it relates to choice, but all is not as it seems I will say though, that meeting Ernie was quite fun and maybe one day I can train with him. I'd love to train with Alan Lamb, but he is only giving private lessons, which are a little pricey. Then there are the schools where you get the impression that money is the primary motivator vs teaching the art....yes those schools also exist out here in LA. I guess I am lucky in that I get to visit a lot of the schools, but not all of them seem so rosy when you actually visit in person

Part of the problem is that I am picky about where I spend my time and my money...I guess my sifu in Boston spoiled me. Sifu Cottrell in Dallas / Fort Worth also spoiled me. Sifu Cottrell's school is a great place with very talented senior students. If I could find a school like his out here in LA, then I would be happy.

Rindge

wong siu teaches in LA, traditional leung sheung style. Monterey park actually.

I can't find the site, but it's online somehwere

Wong siu

Cha Kuen, thanks. I was able to track down wong's kuen. I visited last week and hope to meet Wong sifu this evening.

Rindge