Quote Originally Posted by Djuan View Post
thanks for clearing that up and adding to the understanding.
you're welcome. let's continue.

the trust I have in Shi De Yang goes further than the dvds and history he gives in them.
his info mostly comes from what taught in his lineage by his masters. when it comes to Shaolin, even the lineages could be wrong. takes great logic and research to find out, if possible at all.

lol I have to admire your zeal about the all the roads and confusion and I wish I could talk to you personally to get all of my questions to you.
confusion goes far and wide, much more than that. i hope i can take time and clear some flat, widespread misunderstandings/misconceptions in this forum.

You did clear up the 18 Luohan hands question. I've only learned two ways to practice it, the main one is like the video you posted up there by Shi Yan Ti, just with a different Shen fa, the other is pretty much the same, I have only seen one video of it by Shi Yan Lu a long time ago.
Dejian's, Yanti's, and Yanlu's forms are the same, the bigger one, just each of them performs it with a different shenfa. these Wugulun people usually screw shenfa so badly it goes beyond recognition!

Shi De Yangs version in his dvds still peaks my interest as to why he chose that particular frame to present.
it's not a version of the same, it's another form.
he hasn't chosen, it's what taught in his lineage. of luohan 18 hands, Suxi's (Deyang's) lineage teach this one, also called xiao si hui or any name. in Wugulun lineage (Dejian and others) they have the bigger one. they're similar, however.