Thread: Rampage retires!

Rampage retires!

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bull**** & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    sounds like he's stuck in a hard place in life. Don't know the whole story and none of us will. But it sounds like something Dana W. would do. Anyways best of luck to him.

All the best to Quentin, I hope he gets the help he needs.
    The fight game is not a "life long" pursuit, you go in, get your $$$ and get out.
    Hopefully the younger fighters understand this.

I will miss his big black hairy ass! What a great fighter, class clown, and international personality! I hope he moves on to coaching or gets a big movie break.

where does this leave TUF? and the contracted fight with Evans? hope this all still happens otherwise Evanc' head will get even bigger

It kind of sucks now watching TUF knowing this fight between he and Evans will not happen. Oh well, at least we have a new B.A. Baracus.

http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~ca3csn/mr_t.jpg
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I pity the fool that tries to replace Mr. T

Have you seen Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? Best 3D effects so far. Nevertheless, Mr. T stole the show. Rampage has some big ass chains to fill.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

dana white is such a douche bag id love to rearange his jaw

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Rampage NFTs

I still don't quite understand the NFT market...

20 years tho... wow.

Mixed-Martial Arts Legend Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Announces the Release of His First NFT Collection Commemorating the "20 Year Anniversary" of His PRIDE FC Debut
    NEWS PROVIDED BY

Merch NFT
    Apr 22, 2021, 08:34 ET

LOS ANGELES, April 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MerchNFT announced today that MMA legend Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will debut his first NFT collection on MerchNFT.com to commemorate the 20 year anniversary of his debut of "Rampage Jackson" in PRIDE FC, touted by many as 'the World's Greatest MMA promotion'.

Rampage gained global attention during his PRIDE FC run and became "as big as Godzilla" in Japan after his debut against Japan's biggest name at the time, Kazushi Sakuraba. His signature wolf howl and chain swinging as he made his fight walk outs has been named, "Greatest/Scariest Walk-out in MMA" for the entirety of his career. While in PRIDE FC, Rampage recorded "the slam heard around the world" after Power-Bombing Ricardo Arona. This "20 Year Anniversary" NFT collection will offer four (4) different NFT bundles in limited quantities, and each bundle will include a variety of physical and experiential items offered exclusively with the NFT.

Brand Director and long-time Rampage Jackson business advisor, Popeye Vasquez, shared his excitement and a little insight for the project; "The future of collectibles will live in the digital space. That makes it exciting because it gives athletes and celebrities the opportunity to mint NFT's backed by the strength of blockchain technology and crypto. I'm not saying Rampage is the 'Mona Lisa' or 'Starry Night,' but to his fans and to history, this is the Holy Grail of any Rampage Jackson collectible."

ABOUT MERCHNFT

MerchNFT aims to bring "NFTs to the masses" by providing a turnkey solution for influencers and creatives to offer their digital collectables to their fans, and simplifying the user experience for consumers that are not familiar with the blockchain and cryptocurrency. MerchNFT has also been in the influencer e-commerce space for over a decade and specializes in tethering NFTs with physical merchandise and collectables to provide a unique experience for collectors.

ABOUT RAMPAGE JACKSON

Mixed-Martial Arts legend and international personality Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is a pioneer and no stranger to cross-promotional endeavors and new technology. Outside of the MMA cage, Rampage is as recognizable a figure in todays' influencer culture as anyone. A household name as a multi-promotion MMA champion, big-screen actor, cameo-character professional wrestler, and investor, Rampage continues to add to his illustrious body of work by aligning himself with very notable projects. While training for what may be the biggest fight of his career, Rampage has turned his attention to cryptocurrencies and NFTs.

Media Contact:
    Daniel Kim
    714-334-4400
    308147@email4pr.com

SOURCE Merch NFT
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Likewise, I am still learning about NFT. It is not easy to deal with crypto because the transaction can't be reverted.