Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fukit-this needs its own thread.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

fukit-this needs its own thread.

"My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

the third clip, that is the true treasure
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    his hair is the awesome sauce of the week. Yeah and the comments, I don't know how you can kiss a persons ass any more than they are.

am i wrong in saying that i think the first guy stinks?
    that third form looks like bad karate or shaolin do
    and he's from mainland china?
    gotta be one of those guys that gets off the boat and figures he can put one over on some ignorant americans...
    not a fan of wing chun, but even i'll admit that wing chun shouldn't be played like uechi ryu.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

The first one was just guys doing drills and some chi sao, which is most often considered as sparring by some. The poor gal was as coordinated as a stick, and the guy in the gi was doing some sort of karate form I think. Didn't resemble anything I have ever done. Can't say if it was good, bad, or otherwise though.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the guy speaks cantonese-so he may be from HK or mainland-I can't tell from his accent. Looks like he may have trained in TKD, certainly not Gung-Fu. He has the perfect set-up. He's Asian, spouts philosophy, and teaches "special" versions of his forms that may seem different than what you are used to seeing out there."
    Has anyone checked out his grappling and sanda videos?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

from clip #3:

"A master would have seen the true art and timelessness in this form."

I'm going to go take a warm bath and open up a vein now...

Something we can all aim for...

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Has anyone checked out his grappling and sanda videos?
    actually just checked those out
    they fight amateur boxing, kickboxing, and san shou
    they also seem to roll a lot, gi and no gi
    some of it i don't like but they pressure test it so no complaints on their actual fighting stuff
    just the way the guy plays his forms
    so probably a decent program after all
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I'm a sub-atomic particle in flux... lets just say somewhere between Canada, Asia, and anywhere alse at any given moment.
    I trained with this dude for about a month when I was eighteen. At that time I had a background in some ****ty Karate, and was young. I wasn't a fool however.

The guys training methods consisted of timing his forms to music---musical forms. This level of idiocy was only reserved for those stupid enough to hang around for awhile. I also remember a session that involved 'weapons training.' This consisted of the out of shape Carradine wannabes whacking each other with long peices of foam---you know those things that kids use in pools.

It didn't take long before I realized that I was wasting my time, and fortunately escaped before I was doing 'forms' to Celine Dion in a gold Kung Fu uniform.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by burningmonk View Post
    I trained with this dude for about a month when I was eighteen. At that time I had a background in some ****ty Karate, and was young. I wasn't a fool however.

The guys training methods consisted of timing his forms to music---musical forms. This level of idiocy was only reserved for those stupid enough to hang around for awhile. I also remember a session that involved 'weapons training.' This consisted of the out of shape Carradine wannabes whacking each other with long peices of foam---you know those things that kids use in pools.

It didn't take long before I realized that I was wasting my time, and fortunately escaped before I was doing 'forms' to Celine Dion in a gold Kung Fu uniform.

What a joke.
    lol. yer joking right?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm a sub-atomic particle in flux... lets just say somewhere between Canada, Asia, and anywhere alse at any given moment.
    About the Celine Dion, maybe. That might have been just slightly harsh. The music was sort of gentle new age ****.

He did use pool noodles. And I was less then impressed with the "Kung Fu."

great post guys, also shows what an awesome world we live

I could not help but comment on the last clip. I wonder what response it will bring?