Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November/December 2009 issue

The Kungfumagazinedotcom You Tube channel has more snippets of He Tao's Quick Take-Downs.

You can even hear Gene in one of 'em.

Thumbs up Great Work

Just got my issue and DVD, I had time to watch the DVD and it is excellent. Very well done. The participants are in outstanding physical condition, as is the quality of the filming.

Thnak you

Ron Shewmaker
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Check out Street Fighting Man by yours truly. You'll also find a little added extra towards the end - some promised youtube clips.

What's more, an unabridged version of Claw Marks by Zhao Xiaohu is also now online.

Our Nov Dec issue will be available on the newsstands until the end of November. Be sure to pick up your copy before they're all gone.
    i noticed there was video in there....i remember idk about two years back i made that suggestions as im sure others did before and after me...and i remember you said something about some masters becoming hams infront of the camera.do you still feel that way? or do the videos help the articles. i think having the videos is cool for the net as it helps expand on the article.

Some masters become either too self conscious or just become unfilmable. Reasons may Vary.
    Others like Master He Tao are very agreeable.

I think there's also a difference between applications and a sit-down interview. He Tao's Quick Take Downs where almost perfect for single take snippets. As the form and applications get more complex we lean more towards DVD format.

Talking

The Barnes and Nobles in my town just got it 3 days ago.

Wow, you're kidding me, ittokaos

The newsstand date for this issue was 10/5. The new issue is supposed to hit the newsstands tomorrow (12/1). Are you sure it's this issue or the Jan/Feb 2010 issue?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Talking

Yeah, it's the one with Master He Tao on the cover. It's funny, because I specifically asked and was told that they are no longer carrying the magazine. I go in a few days ago and see it there. According to the guy working there, they had just received it a few days before.

Well that's bloody irritating

Well, I hope that the people in your area snap those up fast. The display date on the barcode is good until Jan 1st, but they'll bump it off as soon as the new issues arrive and that's tomorrow. Unfortunately what happens at individual stores is completely outside our control.

Please be so kind to let me know if when the next issue arrives.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Talking

I'll be sure to do so.