Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai tiedajiu

Muay Thai tiedajiu

I tried this stuff when I was in Bangkok taking some tourist lessons in Muay Thai. It gave me a rash (but all tiedajiu gives me a rash).
    Boxing liniment oil-maker sees great scope in China and the US
    By Sucheera Pinijparakarn
    The Nation
    Published on August 10, 2009

Devakam Apothecary Hall, the producer and distributor of Namman Muay boxing liniment oil, plans to export its products to the US and China next year.

The company wants exports to account for 30 per cent of total sales within three years, up from 10 per cent at present.

Devakam started exporting Namman Muay oil three years ago, mainly to Europe, executive director Tipvarin Intratat said on Friday.

The brand is well-known among foreigners who have visited Thailand and Thai-boxing gyms overseas, she said.

"We've opted to go to China and the US because they are major markets - especially China. Many Chinese tourists come to Thailand and purchase our products in large quantities," she said.

The company is negotiating with a major Chinese distribution firm. In the US, the oil will be sold at martial-arts centres and drug stores.

Devakam also plans to export its Namman Muay analgesic cream soon.

"We hope our lower price will convince customers who are familiar with foreign-brand analgesic creams to switch to a Thai product," Tipvarin said.

Devakam targets sales revenue growth this year of 10 percent over last year's Bt120 million.

The local market for products to treat pain and muscular aches is worth Bt800 million. Devakam expects market growth of 10 per cent this year.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Its great to get some heat in the cold legs in winter!

that oil is great, only way i could get it was through my sifu who ordered it from thailand.

by far one of the strongest, fastest acting oils ive used. lasts a long ass time too. martialartsmart should carry it so i can just buy it from you.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

we can get it in Aus very easily - its costs 15 dollars or something as opposed to 2 dollars in Thailand - I always stock up when im in Samui or Koh Tao.....arrhh take me there now

I call that stuff orange juice; it's just as good for ya
    always have a bottle or two lying around though i think my body's gotten used to it
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

what is this like dit da jow or massage oil or what.

i do muay thai so is suppose to help?
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I call that stuff orange juice; it's just as good for ya
    always have a bottle or two lying around though i think my body's gotten used to it
    Yeah there is the orange juice and then the anelgisic thats in the tube.

When ever you go to the fights in Thailand thats all you can smell in the air - its unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    what is this like dit da jow or massage oil or what.
    i do muay thai so is suppose to help?
    it helps get your blood flowing to the area & numbs the injuries.
    i think it really does do something that causes your body to toughen up.

Blacktiger-
    full body massages in that stuff gotta hurt
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Blacktiger-
    lol, no thanks!

i tend to switch on and off between that and zen gu shui. i like the thai stuff a lot more though personally. its faster and stronger acting. i use the zgs for minor aches and stiffness then use the thai liniment for real pain.

the best is to apply that stuff after a nice hot shower after training.

feel the burn!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

interesting. so is this useful in combination with dit da jow or better than that stuff.

jow for me doesn't really ease the pain, helps with the swelling.

it would be cool if this numbs down areas like my shin and thighs . . . leg kicks hurt like a train from hell.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

jows full of medicinal properties and varies depending on what type of jow your using.

you can kind of compare this stuff to the thai version of ben g@y or zengushui

picture

its a sport liniment. id stick with your jow for the specifics, iron palm for instance.

it helps get your blood flowing to the area & numbs the injuries.
    i think it really does do something that causes your body to toughen up.

Blacktiger-
    hahah you said it - no happy ending there

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    hahah you said it - no happy ending there
    oh my, that hurts just thinking about it.

Every culture has some sort of liniment for sore muscles...

...I was using an Aryuvedic formula for a while until my wife told me it made me smell like a street person.

What's interesting about this, as well as tiedajiu, is that they are specifically formulated for combat injuries. But soreness and bruising is universal so many non-martial artists will use such liniments for every day aches and pains.

I would NOT combine them. There could be all sorts of interaction issues that could arise and you can overdose on liniment. Liniments, for the most part, are herbal concoctions (or like Ben Gay, chemical mixes) that stimulate circulation. It's easy to get overstimulated. This can produce a nasty rash, a permanent allergy (I suffer from one) or even anaphylaxis.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...I was using an Aryuvedic formula for a while until my wife told me it made me smell like a street person.
    Yes I got the same feed back!