Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: KungFuMagazine.com’s NINJA STAR 2009

A corsett?

I didn't see that on the martial art mart page

I didn't see the boots either...

...but the rules don't say it all has to be TC gear. It just needs to be prominently displayed. Strictly speaking, it doesn't even have to be ninja gear, just Tiger Claw.

Believe it or not, what you probably think is a Klingon batleh is Tiger Claw gear. It was a special order - an alleged Korean traditional weapon called a taekuk baer. I made preliminary moves towards researching this, mostly out of curiosity to see if there was a link to the Heaven & Earth Blade, but instead wound up doing a piece just on that in our Sep Oct 2008.

So we're up to 9 entries and there are 10 finalist spots. There's discussion of DQing several entries for not meeting the rule requirements (which is basically just 'show us your Tiger Claw gear). So at this point, if you send in a pic of yourself clad in ninja black rocking some TC gear - shoes, headband, whatever, you've got a pretty good shot at being a finalist and getting a NINJA PRIZE PACK.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Snap!

I was wearing my 10th anniversary KFM shirt underneath my Ninja gear. Does that count?

Ninja Star Entry #7

Here's an entry that was submitted earlier but the file was corrupt. Here it is resubmitted.

toenails

Ninja Star Entry #10

The Ninja bows to a greater power

NINJA STAR Entry #11

Nova

NINJA STAR Entry #12

Poison

NINJA STAR Entry #13

Beautiful Kill

Being the pirate in that last picture, I must say...

Bloody 'ell I need to lose some weight.

The competition is closed

The finalists have been announced here. Good luck everyone. May the best ninja win.

I feel plagiarized again...

UC Berkeley students make world-record California sushi roll
    By Sean Maher / Oakland Tribune
    Monday, November 9, 2009 - Added 14h ago

BERKELEY, Calif. — It began with ninjas and it ended with tofu, and somewhere in the middle hundreds of amateur sushi rollers set a new world record.

The world’s longest California roll was made on the University of California, Berkeley campus Sunday, according to Consul-General of Japan Yasumasa Nagamine. Organizers lined up dozens of six-foot tables that were manned by volunteer students and campus employees and created 330 feet of California roll, complete with avocado, cucumber and faux-crab meat.

At the end of the roll, an additional 15 feet of vegetarian California roll substituted tofu for the meat.

The previous record of 300 feet was set in Hawaii in 2001, Berkeley spokeswoman Kathleen Maclay said.

The first table to begin rolling all the ingredients together was staffed by members of the Japanese Graduate & Researchers Society, who dressed in ninja costumes largely assembled from thrift stores.

"Ninja mask, a dollar-fifty. Plastic ninja sword, a dollar-fifty. Making the world’s longest California roll? Priceless," said Ph.D. graduate Eri Takahashi.

The roll was made from 200 pounds of dry rice, 80 pounds each of cucumber and avocado, and 180 pounds of fish, the latter donated by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
    Ninja Poseur of the Week: NinjaStar Card

Did ya vote yet?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A year late ttt

I thought I posted the winner here, but apparently not. Perhaps it got deleted during some forum crash. Bummer. Better late then never.

Here she is, KungFuMagazine's NinjaStar 2009: Ninjenna.

For the full-page spread, see the last page of our March April 2010 issue.

Also see KungFuMagazine.com’s NinjaStar 2010.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips