Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Ever..

child training

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I knew him when he was a young shami. He was so intense. But there's no way he can do what they do at Shaolin to the kids. It would be considered child abuse here.
    Yes, I am honored to have taken a few classes from him, and watch his vids pretty regular, because they are at places around here I know well....

In a way he is very gentle with the kids, they all want to do what he tells them, nobody is made to do anything... still, the things they do are head and shoulders above most other CMA kiddoes... them being almost 100% of Chinese families instills a lot of stick-with-it most kids don't have today.

Of course, it's these same loyal kid students and their parents that provide him with enough of a stable base to open his own place, which then makes him available to the rest of us. There are at least 100 ma schools in Sugar Land, but he is the only Temple monk here. Ya'll may remember that the Lopez family that wins the Olympics in tae kwon do are from here, so child ma schools have been a regular institution for awhile now.
    .... Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    Yes, I am honored to have taken a few classes from him, and watch his vids pretty regular, because they are at places around here I know well....

In a way he is very gentle with the kids, they all want to do what he tells them, nobody is made to do anything... still, the things they do are head and shoulders above most other CMA kiddoes... them being almost 100% of Chinese families instills a lot of stick-with-it most kids don't have today.

Of course, it's these same loyal kid students and their parents that provide him with enough of a stable base to open his own place, which then makes him available to the rest of us. There are at least 100 ma schools in Sugar Land, but he is the only Temple monk here. Ya'll may remember that the Lopez family that wins the Olympics in tae kwon do are from here, so child ma schools have been a regular institution for awhile now.
    Shifu Yan Feng is a very cool person. He may be the only Temple Monk in Sugarland but the others are close by off Bellaire. I agree with what you are saying about the kids. Most of our Chinese Children have way more focus than most of the causcasion kids. It is too bad we can't do to them what they do to the kids at the Temple, a lot of them could use a little discipline.

across the line

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Shifu Yan Feng is a very cool person. He may be the only Temple Monk in Sugarland but the others are close by off Bellaire. I agree with what you are saying about the kids. Most of our Chinese Children have way more focus than most of the causcasion kids. It is too bad we can't do to them what they do to the kids at the Temple, a lot of them could use a little discipline.
    Ah yes, the reason our Chinese population is so high is because we're the closest suburb (suburban schools and police, the same reason we live here..) to the Bellaire St. area just across the city/county line... I think it as much a case as him following his students out to Sugar Land as them following him out.

We're going thru this with our grandsons now, after 20 years in the trenches with our own sons.... we just do not require our kids to have the discipline to study and work hard that Chinese folks do... so it's our own fault. The sad thing is, second generation Chinese born here become more like us and less like their parents...

But these same folks feel a connection to their past and bring their kids to a Shaolin school to instill that discipline for them. We take our kids to TKD schools for the same reason and then let'em drop out after the first belt.

Online RPG games rule today as tv did in our past, so we can't say too much about our kids raising their kids anyway...
    .... Skip

i've been uploading more of this tour. have a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LFJ#p/u

Thanks LFJ

respect!

_/__