Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Love it!

Can't wait to see the various clips from all of the neo shows out there!

yeah it's all over now... even his wars will be justified.

Well, he is in great company. Lets see who else has won one of these prizes: Mikhail Gorbachev, Yasser Arafat, Jimmy Carter, and Al Gore.

So, he is the company of a Communist dictator, a terrorist, an anti-Semite, and a pathological liar.

Hell, if I won one I'd return the stupid thing.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I cant express in words how awesome this is for a sitting U.S. president!!!!

Nominated 2wks into his office huh?

Lemme see:
    If I go around the world apologizing for everything my family has ever done. Claiming my family is mostly a particular religion of a region I am currently in. Then taking off all the locks and security systems in my home. Charged up all my credit cards and give away money. Then I will try and convince people into paying for other peoples debt and medical. Maybe, just maybe I will win one too.
    Last edited by xcakid; 10-09-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by karateguy View Post
    I cant express in words how awesome this is for a sitting U.S. president!!!!
    i am lost for words as to just how dumb your post was...

OK, I think Obama getting the NPP is as ridiculous as you, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    ...Mikhail Gorbachev... a Communist dictator...
    ???

HISTORY FAIL!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Well!

Hell, if I won one I'd return the stupid thing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well- there is no danger of you having to return a Nobel prize!!

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Well- there is no danger of you having to return a Nobel prize!!
    Maybe if I bombed innocent women and children, called for the destruction of Israel, and was the only person to ever address the UN while carrying a firearm I would win one. It worked for Arafat.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    HISTORY FAIL!
    Are you saying Gorbachev was not a Communist dictator?

So, what political party was he a member of? And what year was he elected to office?

I got it... 1Bad is of a different political affiliation than most folks on here. HOWEVER, it is childish and ignorant to demean him and insult him for his opinions for that reason.

He makes some very good points, and this is coming from someone who supports his Commander in Chief.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Are you saying Gorbachev was not a Communist dictator?
    Yes.

So, what political party was he a member of? And what year was he elected to office?
    He was a member of the Communist Party (though of course they hadn't been communist in anything but name for years if ever), as was anyone in the Soviet Union at that time. He was elected into office (the office of General Secretary IIRC) in 1985 (again IIRC) by the Politburo: the only way for anyone to be able to rise to power in the SU at the time.

As soon as he was in power, and aided by in some ways very helpful support by Reagan and Thatcher, he began dissolving the SU and Communist Party as anyone knew it, by instigating free voting systems. What did he "dictate" to whom? He dictated alcohol price rises to combat the endemic alcoholism throughout the SU; he singlehandedly decided to initiate 'New thinking' (glasnost, perestroika etc) domestically and with regards to foreign policy including halting the deployment of SS20s in Europe within weeks of coming into power against the wishes of his army and possibly many of the people, and many many other radical reforms all aimed at bringing democracy to the SU. So yes, I suppose, technically he was a dictator...! And how else was anyone to achieve democracy without bloodshed?

Drake, who's demeaning and insulting him? I was using a lighthearted attention grabbing way of opening a debate.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    So yes, I suppose, technically he was a dictator...!
    So why did you say "History Fail" when I said that?

Even by your own admission, he was a member of the Communist Party who was never voted into office by the people. Sounds like a communist dictator to me. And even after his reforms, he still never won an election by the people of the USSR/Russia.

14. Until he is fashionable, obama might be nominated better actor also, best friend, best dancer, anything.

I personally think that he should have pull every soldier out of the middle east the first month he was in office. Then he would earned the prize.

Anyway the Nobel committee can give the prize to whoever they wish but giving it to Peres and Rabin, two men who have bombed civilians, was just crazy.