Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Health Care Debate

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    http://www.armscontrolcenter.org/pol...equest_global/

The US spent over 700 billion on defense spending in 2008, I'm trying to find an update - anyway, China is our nearest competitor at 122 billion.

What would diverting... say 1 or 2% of our defense spending into something like healthcare do?
    Senate Dems push $848 billion health care bill
    Top Democrats defend their proposal to extend health insurance coverage to 30 million additional more Americans at a cost of $848 billion over 10 years.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/18/news...ill_cost.cnnw/

Our priorities are whack.

I had an insurance guy tell me this same thing: http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlou...ditorial4.html

Fix Medicare first, and then allow people the ability to opt in if they don't have insurance. Made sense to me. We have a "public" system in place. In some ways it works, in a lot of ways it doesn't. Fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Since when do I need to prove something to a teabagger?
    Take the statement as you like it. All liberals are liars anyway according to you people.
    Once again you can't prove squat.

I never called Schultz a liar, but he does advocate election/voter fraud:

"tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I'd try to vote 10 times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right. I'd cheat to keep these *******s out. I would. 'Cause that's exactly what they are." -Ed Schultz
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Our priorities are whack.
    Not if your priority is destroying the free market....
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Not if your priority is destroying the free market....
    How does diverting 2% of 700 Billion a year into fixing medicare destroy the free market? Especially if we started looking closely at where the waste and fraud is coming from. I know a repub who's running for our Michigan State House seat who has a great platform. It's "send more CPAs to Lansing" (he happens to be a CPA). Maybe he should expand that with: send more "CPAs to Washington".

http://www.aei.org/press/28295

How to fix medicare.

more food for thought:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/48611467.html

My solution: Fix Medicare, allow a national opt-in program (that has a copay like regular private insurance) in Medicare for the uninsured, divert a minutia of our grossly overinflated defense spending into the new program to help pay for it.

MightyB,

I think you misunderstood me. I think jamming this healthcare bill down our throats while we have unemployment hovering at around 10% and we have record deficits is an example of having our priorities out of whack.

We need to fix (or get rid of) the current programs we have that are sucking money, not add more government programs that will invariably become money pits.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    MightyB,

I think you misunderstood me. I think jamming this healthcare bill down our throats while we have unemployment hovering at around 10% and we have record deficits is an example of having our priorities out of whack.

We need to fix (or get rid of) the current programs we have that are sucking money, not add more government programs that will invariably become money pits.
    Actually I agree with you. This bill sucks and what's worse is there's this cult-like devotion to it in Congress with the majority. I think it started with all of the right intentions... but- wow. Huge copay and forced premiums (major penalties and no option to opt-out if you're uninsured) with no coverage and nill physician reimbursement. It's like the worst policy ever.