Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care Debate

Oh and my sig line is a joke
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Dude if you must know. I work for a financial services firm here in Dallas. Have been a bond trader for 14yrs now. I worked in New Orleans in 2005 and got displaced due to hurricane Katrina. I was unemployed for 3 mos until I decided to do some contracting work. In that time frame, I did not collect unemployment or even go to FEMA for a handout.

I got laid off back in 2003 and was unemployed for 9mos. And yes I did use unemployment for 3 of those 9mos. That's it. I lowered my sights after realizing I was not getting back to a salary I was accustomed to. I sold cars, worked as a teller at a bank and worked my way up to being a financial advisor. Then got the position in NOLA.

I come from a middle class immigrant family. Graduated College. Served in the US Military, Navy, for 4yrs active and 2 years reserves.

I have been working since I was sixteen. From working at McDonalds to waiting tables.

I quit answering your post because your views are idiotic and it will never change. There is no point in arguing with an idiot on the internet.

So make no mistake, I practice what I preach.
    SQUIDDDDDD!!!!

Just kidding, bro... thanks for your service.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Talking

Class bro. That is all I can say, my hat's off to you. Thanks for putting that up but you never had to. It is foolish to argue with someone that speaks about what they dont know and when confronted by one that does, gets personal. That is just a sign of immamurity that i myself struggle with and I know that when i get like that it is because I lost and have nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Dude if you must know. I work for a financial services firm here in Dallas. Have been a bond trader for 14yrs now. I worked in New Orleans in 2005 and got displaced due to hurricane Katrina. I was unemployed for 3 mos until I decided to do some contracting work. In that time frame, I did not collect unemployment or even go to FEMA for a handout.
    If your going to lie at least pay attention to your time line.....you joined 01/07 when you said you were unemployed.

Also Joke? Sure man! If I was you I would put that little "joke" on my resume! Employers like funny employees.

since when is anyone "entitled" to health care that is funded on someone elses back? The government is there to produce things we cant do for ourselves namely a military. There is no where in our founding documents that says a word about taxing one guy to death to make sure some slob has access to health care. If anything it should be a states rights issue. If in my case Ohio wants to provide a safety net for some then fine, put it up for a vote but for the federal government to attempt to ram this power grab down our throats is cause for alarm and a strong reaction from the taxpayers, which it has gotten. Maybe Obama could do something beside jetting off to Paris with his wife for date night on our tab and shore up our borders ( defense againest threats foriegn and domestic). Maybe he could give the US military the supplies and manpower they are asking for for Afghanistan instead of bowing to Saudi kings and apologizing to tin pot dictators for Americas existence.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    There is no where in our founding documents that says a word about taxing one guy to death to make sure some slob has access to health care. If anything it should be a states rights issue.
    Thank you. 100% true.

Of course the Constitution doesn't say a "pay czar" has the right to dictate what people at PRIVATE companies earn either, but that won't stop Obama.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I do believe it is explicitly mentioned that all powers not mentioned in the Constitution are granted to the States.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

There is no where in the Constitution that says the state has to provide for roads. No where in the Constitution that says churches should be tax exempt. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

There is a lot of stuff not in the Constitution. My Constitution doesn't say anything about fighting wars against countries that have not attacked us.

I can't decide how my tax money is spent. If it was up to me the war machine would not get a penny.

I believe there will be a health care plan that includes a public option. Of course once the neos get another conservative president in there he can end all of those programs if he likes.

Truth is the neos have simply ran out of argument and the people want the plan. Of course as I've said rich white neos can opt out of any plan but that's not good enough for them. As seen on this board they truly don't believe people who who can't afford health care should be treated.......I'm glad I'm a liberal!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I do believe it is explicitly mentioned that all powers not mentioned in the Constitution are granted to the States.
    You are correct.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Wrong, BD. Congress has the right to wage war, regardless of what you think of it. And the Gulf of Tonkin resolution provides the Executive Branch rights to send troops in during times of emergency, and has been used before Iraq and GWOT took place.

Taxation is also covered in the Constitution as well, and was heavily supported by the founders of the nation, in moderation. The States also have the right to tax you.

You are remarkably ignorant when it comes to what the fed and states can and cannot do. Read the thing instead of simply guessing.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

And since I KNOW you are too lazy to read it, here you go, ignorant fella.

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Amendment 16 - Status of Income Tax Clarified. Ratified 2/3/1913. Note History

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The Tonkin Gulf Resolution (officially, the Southeast Asia Resolution, Public Law 88-408) was a joint resolution of the United States Congress passed on August 7, 1964 in response to two alleged minor naval skirmishes off the coast of North Vietnam between U.S. destroyers and Vietnamese torpedo ships from the North, known collectively as the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. The Tonkin Gulf Resolution is of historical significance because it gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of military force in Southeast Asia. Specifically, the resolution authorized the President to do whatever necessary in order to assist "any member or protocol state of the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty." This included involving armed forces. The unanimous affirmative vote in the House of Representatives was 416-0. (However, Congressman Eugene Siler of Kentucky, who was not present but opposed the measure, was "paired" with another member who favored the resolution — i.e., his opposition was not counted, but the vote in favor was one less than it would have been.) [1] It was opposed in the Senate only by Senators Wayne Morse (D-OR) and Ernest Gruening (D-AK). Senator Gruening objected to "sending our American boys into combat in a war in which we have no business, which is not our war, into which we have been misguidedly drawn, which is steadily being escalated." [2] The Johnson administration subsequently relied upon the resolution to begin its rapid escalation of U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam conflict.[3]

Which lead to...

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548) was a United States Congress joint resolution providing that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States is already under attack or serious threat.

You have NEVER backed up your facts. Not once. Yet you still tatter on with groundless accusations with nothing to show for it. You are playing one huge burden of truth logical fallacy. Epic FAIL.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

What's you point other then a bunch of insults?

War hasn't been declared since WW2 and no where did I read the word "Moderation" when it came to taxes.....

You don't have much of an argument but you're reaklly good at rudeness and insults....a true neo!

I read that as "I got nothin' "

You can't even read the references correctly. Weak. No wonder you fall for con artists.

And FYI... I was an Obama supporter. Again. Wrong. You're like, what... 0 for 300?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

LMAO at a liberal complaining about taxes.

You can't even read the references correctly. Weak. No wonder you fall for con artists.

And FYI... I was an Obama supporter.
    I'm curious, are you one of those voters who now has 'buyers remorse'?