Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care Debate

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post

I'm curious, are you one of those voters who now has 'buyers remorse'?
    Not really. I think he overestimated his influence going in, and I also think he misjudged the situation with GWOT. Human mistakes, really, just like his predecessor. I think, if anything, he now understands what Pres. Bush was going through. He's finding out it's not so simple.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Not really. I think he overestimated his influence going in, and I also think he misjudged the situation with GWOT. Human mistakes, really, just like his predecessor. I think, if anything, he now understands what Pres. Bush was going through. He's finding out it's not so simple.
    GWOT?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

GWOT?
    Global War on Terror
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

While I won't sit here and say Bush handled it perfectly, you must admit America is alot safer from terrorism in the US than under Clinton.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

While I won't sit here and say Bush handled it perfectly, you must admit America is alot safer from terrorism in the US than under Clinton.
    Tell that to the families of the three thousand people who died in New York, Penn, and Washington on 9/11.

I wouldn't attribute our "safety" to any president, especially considering the fact that we are still extremely vulnerable to attack, and considering TSA and security faults around the nation. We are not safe, safer, or defeating terror, due largely to the fact that it cannot be defeated. We thwart terrorists left and right, but there is always the potential for the next 9/11. Like my 1SG said downrange... " Hajji only has to be lucky once... we have to be lucky every day."
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I wouldn't attribute our "safety" to any president, especially considering the fact that we are still extremely vulnerable to attack, and considering TSA and security faults around the nation. We are not safe, safer, or defeating terror, due largely to the fact that it cannot be defeated. We thwart terrorists left and right, but there is always the potential for the next 9/11. Like my 1SG said downrange... " Hajji only has to be lucky once... we have to be lucky every day."
    I think Bill Clinton erecting the 'Wall of Silence' between the FBI and CIA made the US alot less safe.

And I think Bush taking a hardline approach in fighting terror (Gitmo, deposing and hanging Saddam) have made the country safer. Not completely safe by any means, but safer than under Clinton.

I don't think we've been safe since Reagan.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I don't think we've been safe since Reagan.
    Man, did he know how to deal with terrorism.

Kaddafy was a serious problem in the region, until Reagan bombed one of his palaces and killed one of his kids. Reagan was feared by terrorists, they knew he meant business.

That's funny. You talk with pride about killing children then accuse others of being terrorists!

Do us a favor and actually look into the bombing, BD. Your ignorance shines again.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Do us a favor and actually look into the bombing, BD. Your ignorance shines again.
    Yes I know, we were justified because we were the goods knights in shining armour trying to make the world safe from the bad evil devils......

Because Lockerbie was justified? Or blowing up nightclubs? Sending assassins to kill Libyans who fled the country? The Munich Massacre?

Ignorance. Feel free to show support to terrorists. You only get to do so because of the government you despise. You are a confused person.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Because Lockerbie was justified? Or blowing up nightclubs? Sending assassins to kill Libyans who fled the country? The Munich Massacre?

Ignorance. Feel free to show support to terrorists. You only get to do so because of the government you despise. You are a confused person.
    Yes yes I know. I would NOT be alive to spew my anti-American commie terrorist trash if not for you.

Heard all of that before.

Ignorance. Feel free to show support to terrorists. You only get to do so because of the government you despise.
    Exactly

You are a confused person.
    Well, he does think a white, pathological liar is an Indian.