Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 139

Thread: poconos martial arts club

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200

    Lightbulb poconos martial arts club

    i have been wanting to spearhead this for awhile now and after seeing lindley's post about "friendship encounters" and at the nudge of my old teacher, i have decided to finally chuck the spear... i live in the poconos of pennsylvania and it would be interesting to see if anyone would be willing to set up a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly get together with the intentions of establishing a local area martial arts club.

    so... if anyone is in the area and interested - drop me a line and let's "get her done!!"

  2. #2
    no



    lol

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    no



    lol
    oh come on... you know you wanna kick my a$$ for fun!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    36th Chamber
    Posts
    12,419
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    because i don't want to step on your toes... master...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    because i don't want to step on your toes... master...
    ...more likely that you don't actually want to learn something due to your aversion to learning and such. lol

    Uki, seriously, you have got to be the most blatantly and proudly incorrect person to grace these forums.

    one little pat on the head to validate you and you'd suck a dick I think.

    why are you so adverse to being corrected? You ever examine that?

    Accepting correction is a huge step in a man's education in life.

    Since you've been here you've spouted more incorrect fortune cookie nonsense than some people have in years!

    Then you take pride in people becoming frustrated with your inane remarks and blatant ignorance and wear it like a badge or something.

    i'll give you this, and only this. You are unique. If you keep it up with the perception line I don't think you'll get anywhere. how'd you learn to set stone? Were you belligerent about that at every turn too?

    P.s Be proud that you are irritating I guess, if it's all you have.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    ...more likely that you don't actually want to learn something due to your aversion to learning and such.
    i learn and experience plenty...
    Uki, seriously, you have got to be the most blatantly and proudly incorrect person to grace these forums.
    incorrect based on your perspective of reality perhaps...
    one little pat on the head to validate you and you'd suck a dick I think.
    actually it is called respect... there is absolutely no reason for anyone to respect someone who in turn doesn't return the respect.
    why are you so adverse to being corrected? You ever examine that?
    again your assumption is highly subjective...
    Accepting correction is a huge step in a man's education in life.
    so are you a man yet?
    Since you've been here you've spouted more incorrect fortune cookie nonsense than some people have in years!
    imagine that... another highly subjective comment.
    Then you take pride in people becoming frustrated with your inane remarks and blatant ignorance and wear it like a badge or something.
    i love to watch people lose control... LOL
    i'll give you this, and only this. You are unique.
    thanks buddy... although i here this more than most people in life - wanna unzip your pants now for me??
    If you keep it up with the perception line I don't think you'll get anywhere.
    hmmm... i have progressed just fine so far.
    how'd you learn to set stone?
    i observed the process of doing it... osmosis.
    Were you belligerent about that at every turn too?
    are you kidding me?? obviously you know jack dill about stone... you cannot force it to do anything... it takes patience... actually it's one of the things that anchors my patience in my life.

    Be proud that you are irritating I guess, if it's all you have.
    LOL... i have more than a man could possibly ask for.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    36th Chamber
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    LOL... i have more than a man could possibly ask for.
    It's ok to ask for one more thing. Really.

    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    It's ok to ask for one more thing. Really.
    i'll pass... you can keep your perfume.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    the fundamentual aspect of forming a "club" would be the criterial goals it would have... this having been brought to light by an apparently more humble person than myself last night. what would some of these goals be?? firstly it would revolve around what each individual contributes... perhaps a like a rotating "show and tell" type of class - each day or session the person presenting the lesson would change. certain aspects could be included every time such as pushing hands, free sparring, and ground work... with ground work there would be no mats only the earth(this helps condition the body). weight work, stretching, bag/pole work, forms. those who find interest competing would have free access to wider variety of technique based on what each person contributes... so therefore a goal of producing a "fighter" becomes an option.

    poles can be driven into the ground and push hand-like matches could be done while standing on top of them... the ideas are endless... man i feel like i am in grade school again wanting to go hang out with my friends climbing the waterfalls in the woods... we used to do it in the winter time also - the mile long walk back would freeze us, LOL. how i failed to die of hypothermia is beyond me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    the fundamentual aspect of forming a "club" would be the criterial goals it would have... this having been brought to light by an apparently more humble person than myself last night. what would some of these goals be?? firstly it would revolve around what each individual contributes... perhaps a like a rotating "show and tell" type of class - each day or session the person presenting the lesson would change. certain aspects could be included every time such as pushing hands, free sparring, and ground work... with ground work there would be no mats only the earth(this helps condition the body). weight work, stretching, bag/pole work, forms. those who find interest competing would have free access to wider variety of technique based on what each person contributes... so therefore a goal of producing a "fighter" becomes an option.

    poles can be driven into the ground and push hand-like matches could be done while standing on top of them... the ideas are endless... man i feel like i am in grade school again wanting to go hang out with my friends climbing the waterfalls in the woods... we used to do it in the winter time also - the mile long walk back would freeze us, LOL. how i failed to die of hypothermia is beyond me.
    Uki,

    I challenge you. That's right. I challenge that for one day, just one day, hell even one post, that you actually contribute something that is meaningful to this forum. If this happens, I'll be sure to give you props. Of course, that won't happen because you seem to take too much pleasure in trolling the sh**it out of this place. Anyway, have fun theorizing, and please take the red pill.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Posts
    3,274
    I challenge you. That's right. I challenge that for one day, just one day, hell even one post, that you actually contribute something that is meaningful to this forum.
    That's like the unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object. Will not happen.

    Doesn't matter everything everyone in the entire world says is "SUBJECTIVE" to Uki. Great answer to the extent of, 'I have no answer for you why I'm such a dumb ass'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    That's like the unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object.
    so who is the unstopable force and who is the inmovable object??
    Will not happen.
    and do i really care?? nope, ning, nada...
    Doesn't matter everything everyone in the entire world says is "SUBJECTIVE" to Uki.
    that is a highly subjective assertion...
    Great answer to the extent of, 'I have no answer for you why I'm such a dumb ass'.
    so why are you such a dumb a$$?? i, for one, am curious...

    you wouldn't last 24 hours in my shoes before you started to pull your hair out and cry for mommy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post

    you wouldn't last 24 hours in my shoes before you started to pull your hair out and cry for mommy.
    is it cuz they are full of dirt


    sorry, couldnt help myself *evil grin*
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    is it cuz they are full of dirt?
    no - it is because of how i got the dirt in there.
    sorry, couldnt help myself *evil grin*
    thats ok... they can't help themselves and i can't help myself - we are who we are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •