Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dude takes on 3 guys

dude takes on 3 guys

i know how much you guys love street fight vids.

check this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617m4...eature=related

lol !
    That was some funny **** !
    Don't mess with a man and his ***** !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

good for him, but what was really interesting was how he got distracted enough by his HAT to get nailed! goes to show you how being under pressure can result in some strange decision making...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    good for him, but what was really interesting was how he got distracted enough by his HAT to get nailed! goes to show you how being under pressure can result in some strange decision making...
    In all fairness, it was a pimping hat.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In all fairness, it was a pimping hat.
    maybe for the sorta ho's you've got up north...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    maybe for the sorta ho's you've got up north...
    Like them?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Like them?
    it's not nice to post pics of Jamieson's sisters like that...

i was pretty wary of opening this thread, based on the title....

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i wish i would have taped the after math of a seizure i had friday night i blacked out and woke up combative and beat up a total of eight firefighters paramedic and cops lol

it was funny my uncle was telling me i was trappin them all and head butting and elbowing them when they tried to grab me

apparently the debate i was having with frost about tackling and clinching defense was stuck in my subconcious when i came too

i even slapped a paramedic in his groin when he was behind me and then grabbed an apple from the counter and started kiaaaa screaming lol!!(apparently i thought i had ripped off his crotch)

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Hmmm, a real streetfight where they did not go to the ground!!!

Someone call that guy and tell him that if he wants to survive a real street encounter he needs to go learn BJJ as everyone who has EVER REALLY FOUGHT knows the fight almost always goes to the ground.

Oh, wait a minute, I guess you could say the fight went to the ground as the guys he hit fell down.

While it was mostly just brawling it also goes to show that ones mental attitude can have a lot to do with surviving.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    While it was mostly just brawling it also goes to show that ones mental attitude can have a lot to do with surviving.
    its ALL mental attitude. doesnt matter how good your chisau (or any other drill for that matter) is - if you aint got the courage to enter and really bang then you might as well run.

same as someone with high level skill - if they havent got the attiutude to keep going when they do take a knock then they're going to give in.

i honestly think this is why people always compare themselves to boxers - boxing attracts people who already have a fighting, rough and tumble, attitude. therefore they are more likely to get in and bang. doesnt necessarily make the art a 'better' one - just better practitioners

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    doesnt necessarily make the art a 'better' one - just better practitioners
    This is the big 'secret' to martial arts. It's the one thing every one of my teachers agreed on. You find the best, and then learn what ever it is they teach. The 'goods' can be delivered through many vehicles. Once you get the 'goods' the vehicle you use is unimportant.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hmmm, a real streetfight where they did not go to the ground!!!

Someone call that guy and tell him that if he wants to survive a real street encounter he needs to go learn BJJ as everyone who has EVER REALLY FOUGHT knows the fight almost always goes to the ground.

Oh, wait a minute, I guess you could say the fight went to the ground as the guys he hit fell down.

your positioning of a BJJ comment in a vid thread that has nothing to do with BJJ makes me think you're missing the point.

You don't not train on the ground because this fight didn't go to the ground, you train on the ground because the next one might. It's a tool for the toolbox. You're just as likely to go to the ground as not to. If you have the goal of self defense as a training aim, you need to train on the ground just as much as you train not to go to the ground. What you choose to specialize in is your choice, and it doesn't matter much in the big picture, but it's smart to be able to handle yourself in multiple situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    your positioning of a BJJ comment in a vid thread that has nothing to do with BJJ makes me think you're missing the point.

You don't not train on the ground because this fight didn't go to the ground, you train on the ground because the next one might. It's a tool for the toolbox. You're just as likely to go to the ground as not to. If you have the goal of self defense as a training aim, you need to train on the ground just as much as you train not to go to the ground. What you choose to specialize in is your choice, and it doesn't matter much in the big picture, but it's smart to be able to handle yourself in multiple situations.
    Hello Water Dragon,

My post was a tongue in cheek directed at a couple of others who know who they are

While you are right that it is always good to train for different situations do you honestly think that this video shows a good time to go to the ground? IMHO it shows the reality of many actual street encounters and involves the very reason I would not want to be on the ground..........multiple opponents.

Sure there is a time and place for everything, but I just don't buy into the "majority of all fights go to the ground" mindset. I base this on my own life experience in which I have seen very few fights end up in a wrestling or grappling situation, not saying it does not happen, just not as often as some would like to suggest

Having said that my position has always been that if you have the time, money and inclination to train various arts then you should do so, PROVIDING YOU HAVE A SOLID FOUNDATION IN YOU BASE ART. If you do not have the time, money or inclination then you are better off spending you time learning in and training your primary art, whatever that may be.

Nothing against those who practive or incorporate different arts, just have a problem with the my way is the best/only way mentality that so many express.

Now back to the video; lets say that the guy being attacked did go to the ground and was tearing his foe up while on the ground. What do you think the other two would have done? Doubtless, impressed by his ground game, they would have run away in fear. Or more likely they would have jumnped at the chance to jump and kick him while he was down and otherwise occupied.

Of course I could be wrong. But this situation would not be the time to enter into a ground game, unless perhaps after the other two were no longer a factor. And then, more to hold the guy for the authorities.

My post was poking fun so take it fwiw.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

I took your post wrong, hard to read intent on the ol interweb.

To comment on the rest of your post. I don't disagree with you. I would add that BJJ makes a solid root art to barnch off from. A good BJJ man is not gonna be on the ground for a long time. He's gonna go down, probably snap the arm with an armbar, and be back on his feet in under 30 seconds. I know because I've done it. No, not in a fight, but against a friend of mine who was making the 'BJJ wouldn't work in a fight' argument with me. Not because I'm that good, but because he didn't know what I was doing or how to defend.

So I think a good BJJ man would have had the guy unconscious or with a broken limb before the other guy realized what happened. People just don't jump in as soon as a fight goes to the ground. I think it just takes people time to process what's going on, and it takes untrained people more time than it does you or I.

My argument is that IF you are training for 'the street' (which is a term I simply loathe) then you must train to fight on the ground.

Myself I only train Judo anymore; throws and groundwork. But I like to compete, and Judo provides a great outlet for that. It's also a good children's art, and it's something I cna do with my boys. We are going to class in a half hour, and I get to teach him. Cool stuff!

When I did live in the ghetto, and I lived in the G-H-E-T-T-O, I trained Muay Thai for striking, Shuai Chiao for throws, BJJ for the ground, a little Kun Tao for knifework, and I was at the pistol range frequently. It took a lot of my time, but I was prepared. I have neither the time nor the desire to do that now, but again, I'm not training for 'the street'. If that's what you are training for though, it's a different story. It doesn't matter how many fights go to the ground, it only matters if the one you're in does. If so, you should be prepared.