Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
I cannot give you a name for it, but I can attempt to explain it. I have several different exercises. Some are purely physical, others mostly meditation, and a couple that are both.
For healing in my abdomen I did a breathing exercise that entailed humming with a deep gutteral tone in an effort to vibrate the wounded area. I would imagine the generation of chi and mentally try to channel it upward. At first it made me feel ill and nausia. Eventually, I felt something that felt very strange, as it seemed like waves of sensation moving upward in my belly. By then I was standing. No strength, but able to stand for the first time in many months. I would place my palms over my wound as I hummed deeply, and then slowly brought my hands up my center line as high as I could reach, then brought my hands out to a 45 angle over my head and held that until I had expended all the air in my lungs. Then as I inhaled deeply and slowly I would bring my hands down and place them over the wound again. I was told that imagination was a great healer, so I would imagine pure energy flowing again from my center core. I would also sit for hours doing sil lim in my mind. I would not move except in my mind and thoughts. I would do it very slowly at first, then faster with time. This was a form of meditation, and my body responded by flowing energy through my body. This was my intention, whether or not it really happened.
If the mind can heal, this could be an example of it. I had been given up to the grim reaper, and it was said that nothing else could be done for me. I gain strength daily I feel, but due to the loss of heart I am now severely limited. But, I am also still alive for now.
Thank you for your generosity in sharing this.