Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 150

Thread: Qigong as Medicine

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that's the fact, Jack

    (someone here seems to have forgotten that even the Buddha wouldn't offer teaching until 3 AM after most everyone had left and then only when asked 3 times...)

    it's not that what Hendrik says is necessarily is bad or wrong, and indeed from a classical perspective it is correct, it's just that he comes across as a pompous asz by virtue of the fact that he seems to hod the opinion that this way is the only way, and that NO ONE in his estimation has got it right; now, if anyone of us had come to Hendrik for instruction, then that would be fine; but what he fails to understand is that this is a discussion board; meaning that no one is here to get instruction, but rather to engage in lively discourse as suits each person's wont; meaning that to some degree this is entertainment! but Hendrik appears to think that his utterances ought be met with all the seriousness he thinks that they deserve; and apart from this being somewhat untoward, it's really just dull...
    1) Not everything he says is foolishness, just most of it, like 99%!

    2) He continually imposes his own limited and erroneous views onto to others and cannot seem to recognize he is doing so! As in the example I outlined above, he misapplied a principle, taught by Ch'an teachers, to a topic which was not addressing that principle, and when it was pointed out to him he ignores his own misunderstanding and accuses others of cluelessness!

    3) He cannot explain anything for himself! Anyone can say, "You are wrong!", "You are foolish!", "You are clueless!", "You don't know how to swim!", but these comments are useless without ACCURATE commentary on why this is so!

    One must address the errors of others with clear explanations of why they are in error lest the comments made give the appearance of an ego investment in "believing" you are right, rather than actually being correct!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You are clueless when it comes to real swimming even though you might read lots and lots of books.
    Please explain how this comment does NOT pertain you! I know you won't, because every time I have asked you do so in the past you have evaded the request with further empty insults and criticism!

    When you are done not explaining the above question, please explain how many, if not all, Ch'an masters make references to the comments of those who went before yet apparently, according to you, no one else is permitted to do so but you?

    Then, when you are done NOT responding to that question, please explain how ANY of my comments demonstrate I do not understand the principles I am discussing? I am interested to know how you know what is in my mind and what experiences I have had when you do not know me at all? Just where does this extraordinary insight come from when I am able to clearly provide independent commentary on Ch'an principles and list support for my comments by referring to the masters who teach the same principles, yet you cannot do the same for yourself?

    While you provide some sources you misapply them to the principles under discussion and cannot provide independent commentary, other than insults!

    All you can do is criticize what you don't understand. You are unable to explain what you do understand because you don't actually understand the topic very well!

    Once again, you have made an empty criticism showing your ego investment in your own fantasy of being right! You have made no clear explanation of how I am "clueless"! Stating it is so is meaningless unless you can demonstrate it to be so!

    When you tried to do so above you botched it royally and put your foot in your mouth! You misapplied a Ch'an principle to a topic you didn't didn't understand!

    Show us how mature you are by simply admitting to it!

    And ONCE AGAIN, rather than making comments that serve no other benefit than stroking your own ego, try to write a meaningful response explaining how someone else's comments reflect their misunderstanding by applying your criticism to the actual principle under discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Why settle for less and trap yourself in the books?
    Who is trapped in books? I see you are providing links to the thoughts of others to make your point, but others are not permitted this same privilege?

    Your hypocrisy is showing again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    'I deeply respect all of you and dare not slight you. Why? You are all practicing the Bodhisattva Path and shall attain Buddhahood.'
    If you deeply respect all of us and dare not slight us then why do you repeatedly slight others? How does calling someone clueless without an accurate explanation of how this is so demonstrate your respect?

    If you wish your statement that "you respect others and dare not slight them" to be taken seriously then try demonstrating it:

    1) by being more gracious and accurate with your criticisms.

    2) by providing criticism that actually applies to the principle under discussion.

    3) by providing meaningful evidence for your view.

    4) by not insulting those who respond accurately to your inaccurate criticism!

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    if you have different way then share it.
    http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    NO ONE in his estimation has got it right;
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    This is the biggest misleading.
    let me rephrase, for the sake of clarity: in his estimation, no one with whom he interacts on the forum has got it right; and I warrant that it is much the same in regards to those with whom he interacts in his off-line existence as well;

    and BTW Hendrik, talking about those who haven't yet "got it right" in your estimation, since you were so compassionate with your suggesting to me that I tell my my sifu that he needs to "take it to the next level" after reading his views on Taoist practice, have you contacted him directly as I suggested, to express this sincere critique to him yet? and if you have not, then why not?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    let me rephrase, for the sake of clarity: in his estimation, no one with whom he interacts on the forum has got it right; and I warrant that it is much the same in regards to those with whom he interacts in his off-line existence as well;

    and BTW Hendrik, talking about those who haven't yet "got it right" in your estimation, since you were so compassionate with your suggesting to me that I tell my my sifu that he needs to "take it to the next level" after reading his views on Taoist practice, have you contacted him directly as I suggested, to express this sincere critique to him yet? and if you have not, then why not?

    When the time is right I will.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    That is his and not your's isnt it?

    Not to mention his path is still within the Shurangama's map. Check it out for yourself.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    When the time is right I will.
    Bwahahahahahahaaaa

    <sniff, sniff>

    that has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time...

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    That is his and not your's isnt it?

    Not to mention his path is still within the Shurangama's map. Check it out for yourself.
    I do believe that you have missed the point entirely...

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I do believe that you have missed the point entirely...
    Don't you know, in his own mind the only points that matter are his own!

    He has got to be one of the most ego-centric personalities I have come across in a long time. The only ones I have known that come close are all sociopaths!

  9. #39
    To all,




    I decide to post here because the Thread says " Qigong as Medicine". There are people dying ; There are people who needs help with their health.

    What I post is to share to those who like to know qigong and medicine a direction and a bottom line of what is going on.


    I careless for those who likes to be expert and likes to argue for nonsense or philosophical.


    If fact, most are clueless when it comes to differentiate between a wholisitic qigion System Thinking or a philosophy.




    a wholistic qigong System Thinking cover major key area of the practice so result can be attainted. Philosophical ideas are just ideas which is good if one have time to burn. and certainly not for those who is sick and needs help and be able to deliver result.


    Sure, philosophical ideas is great if you have time and money and spend time in the spar and get away from the reality for a week for vacation. and get some nice New age talk entertainment.


    System Thinking provide the practice that can be applied every instant in one's life.




    I post what I post because there is a clear path in Chinese Daoism and Buddhism cultivation.

    It is not a man made philosphical, you think I think, you scratch my back I flatten you so we both give a title to each other to become masters type path of path where two becomes masters but non know a thing.

    It is a nature law of Living System where all living beings subject to.



    As I pointed out in the previous post, The buddha nature, the Shen, the Qi, the Blood got to be within the wholistic system thinking. However, even if one got the complete practice, still the result is subject to the depth of the cultivation; not to mention If it is an incomplete practice the result is very shaky most of the time or lips service most of the time without true result.


    Again, too many people are suffering, too many people needs help, one doesnt have to wait for 20 years or might not even have 2 years to find out the facts on what is going on.
    I dont force anyone to take my view, examine the path for yourself and decide for yourself.





    In case, if you need help but doesnt have any good master, Go into prayer, deep prayer which could bring you silence and peace. do it everyday, and that is the best you can get compare with spinning the mind will all the energy channel....etc. In my humble opinion.

    As this one,
    http://www.learnoutloud.com/Catalog/...-Prayers/17473


    A good prayer practice in Buddhism, Christian, Catholic involve the Buddha nature, Shen, Qi, and Blood, disregard of how the terms in different religions used.

    If you can get into the silence from the prayer, then you have enter into the first state of Qigong --- enter into the silence -- where you mind/thoughts quiet down and the Qi/ Body set free to do its work.



    In additional,
    Some time, we are so worry that we cant quiet our mind, in that situation, even the Shao Lin got to evoke the name of Amitaba buddha or mantra, the Daoist evoke the Kwan Yin Boddhisatva, That is similar to doing the Prayer to Christ or Mary before they can start their Qigong practice.

    One needs to rest this worry and restless and fearfull mind and thus one needs the help or Grace from Amitaba Buddha or Christ or God ..etc based on everyone's own comfort, to get to the state of Let go the worry and then one can enter into the silence and so the body can repair itself. Again, any one is serious about the cultivation of the Chinese Buddhism Daoism, one must know the Shurangama sutra for there is a "map" within the Shurangama sutra.



    Just to share some thoughts on this thread.

    Best wishes
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-01-2009 at 10:15 AM.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaaaa

    <sniff, sniff>

    that has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time...

    Knowing the student knowing the Sifu's teaching. isnt it?

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Don't you know, in his own mind the only points that matter are his own!

    He has got to be one of the most ego-centric personalities I have come across in a long time. The only ones I have known that come close are all sociopaths!


    Sure, dont we all complain about Bill Gate on how ego centric is him ? hahahaha,

    Human ignorance.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    What I post will give those who really needs help a direction and a bottom line of what is going on.
    You must first presume yourself to be an expert yourself Hendrik, but all you do is come across like an egotist!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I careless for those who likes to be expert and likes to argue for nonsense or philosophical.
    You don't like to argue because you cannot express yourself well enough to do so, so instead you use insults and belittling comments while pretending to respect all people!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If fact, most are clueless when it comes to differentiate between a wholisitic System Thinking or a philosophy.

    System Thinking cover major key area of the practice so result can be attainted. Philosophical ideas are just ideas which is good if one have time to burn. and certainly not for those who is sick and needs help and be able to deliver result.
    No one is more clueless than you Hendrik. I am trying to figure out whether you are uneducated or just stupid!

    Part of your foolishness is your narcissistic belief that no one understands any of this, but you!

    It is not your place to decide for others whether they should take a philosophical path or your idea of a System Thinking path!

    Have you no understanding of "expedient means"! Clearly you do not since all you want to do is impose your artificial construct of the path onto everyone else!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure, philosophical ideas is great if you have time and money and spend time in the spar and get away from the reality for a week for vacation.

    System Thinking provide the practice that can be applied every instant in one's life.
    I still can't decide if you are uneducated or just stupid! You do not understand philosophical ideas at all. Your System Thinking IS a philosophical construct!

    Not to mention there was no philosophical discussion taking place here. It is called Dharma play, are you ignorant of Dharma play as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I post what I post because there is a clear path in Chinese Daoism and Buddhism cultivation.
    We understand the path is clear, what we disagree with is your imposing your own misunderstanding of the path on to others!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It is a nature law of Living System where all living beings subject to.
    Well Duh!! Thank you for stating the obvious!

    The problem here is you cannot see that your own ego-centrism has confused your understanding. It is clear to everyone but you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    As I pointed out in the previous post, The buddha nature, the Shen, the Qi, the Blood. However, even if one got the complete practice, still the result is subject to the depth of the cultivation; not to mention If it is an incomplete practice the result is very shaky most of the time or lips service most of the time without true result.
    It is clear to everyone but you that your practice is incomplete!

    There is no practice, there is no result, there is no Dharma, there is no Buddha! You are bound by your own fantasy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Again, too many people are suffering, too many people needs help, one doesnt have to wait for 20 years or might not even have 2 years to find out the truth.
    So part of your fantasy is to save the world?

    People are suffering because they are trapped in confusion and ignorance. That is the way the system is set up from the start. There is nothing wrong with it the way it is!

    It is irrelevant whether it takes 2 years, 20 years, or 20 eons, time is a form that is inherently an illusion so all these time periods are equal in length, in that none of them truly exist!

    All Dharmas are equal, ignorant beings are the same as Buddha's and inherently both are artificial constructs of confused minds!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I dont force anyone to go this way, examine the path for yourself and decide for yourself.
    Then why do you insist that everyone else is confused, yet you cannot recognize your own confusion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    However, if you need help but doesnt have any good master, Go into prayer, deep prayer which could bring you silence and peace. do it everyday, and that is the best you can get.
    Insistence on prayer binds one to an artificial construct, a fantasy of the mind! Prayer is an artificial construct of a mind bound by confusion! But if it makes you feel better go ahead, it can"t hurt other than reinforcing the binding of the mind to confusion! Since 2 years, 20 years and 20 eons are all equal inherently it does not matter. Everyone has their own "expedient means" which they will eventually realize was created by their own confusion of mind!

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Knowing the student knowing the Sifu's teaching. isnt it?
    Back at cha!!

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

    Insistence on prayer binds one to an artificial construct, a fantasy of the mind! Prayer is an artificial construct of a mind bound by confusion! But if it makes you feel better go ahead, it can"t hurt other than reinforcing the binding of the mind to confusion! Since 2 years, 20 years and 20 eons are all equal inherently it does not matter. Everyone has their own "expedient means" which they will eventually realize was created by their own confusion of mind!

    This is the best evidence on your experience isnt it?

    hahaha, human.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Knowing the student knowing the Sifu's teaching. isnt it?
    what a load of crap that statement is
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 11-01-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •