Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 150

Thread: Qigong as Medicine

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    As always, I'm curious to the specific form of qigong, but it's a promising study.

    In my opinion

    Since the world is a causal system running with the law of cause and effect.
    Qigong practice if it is the proper type will certainly deliver the result, there is no question on it.


    One of the biggest issue on Qigong is most have never really cultivate it. IE just mimic the taiji chuan posture in the morning or standing post or talking Zen or Talking Dao doesnt do it.

    However, There are so much ego in the western world
    IE in this forum that everyone wants to be the "Master" or even Grand Master and preaching and arguing with tons of ridiculous ideas which is a totally nonsense which any real cultivator will spot out.



    After Decades of study with different sifus, my bottom line is if one cant enter into the silence and evoke the Zhen Qi. Forget about it. disregards who one claim he is or his sifu is.....name droping or smart talking. They dont have it. and the best those stuff can work is work as a light excersice or entertainment talk show.

    Sure, saying this is open a can and open for attack by some self proclaim Gurus in this forum. I careless because these people in one way they think they know it all, but even if they have a small sickness, they will certainly go to western medicine and totally drop the Qigong or Zen they makes so much claim that they are the master; instead of capable of using the Zhen Qi and Silence to heal the issue.

    Let's face it. Do one really has it or not? as basic as Zhen Qi and as basic as enter into the Silence. Without these, the rest is garbage theory and fantasy.

    Without the Zhen Qi and silence, one couldnt even heal a common cold, not to mention other sickness.


    There is a standard in Qigong training, in generally for 100 days or longer one must enter into the silence and build up the Zhen Qi. Thus, no sex is a must for the sick in these 100 days or more (untill the Zhen Qi accumulate and later sex needs to be limited.)

    Without attaining the basic how can one get the benifit? simply cant because it is a causal world where one needs to generate enough energy to change the couse of a certain manifestation. talking big surely wont get one those energy needed. not to mention even with the energy needed still there are different condition needs to be met to solve the manifestation....etc. IE if the mind subsconciously hold on it then the body will proceed as the mind command, thus, one needs to enter into silence to drop that subsconcious thought/program to take the root cause out. Yes, it can be done however human in general cant do these because there are only a few who have the condition and willing to do so.

    IMHO,
    Thus, before turn oneself to any scientific research or healing, first ask oneself what kung fu attainment one has ? doesnt one has the basic such as enter into silence, and further into growing of Zhen Qi, and further into balancing the internal organs.......etc without having those attainment, one knows the outcomes because it is a causal world. Do one willing to drop sex, drop smoking, drop getting angry...sleeping before 11PM.for at least 100 days? if not then there will be not much benifit.


    With the Zhen Qi and silence capability, it certainly aid the healing even if one decide to combine the western medicine for the healing. Every aid is a good aid.

    Finally, Qigong is not totally magic either IE it cannot replace food no matter how much one practice it.

    And also, if one doesnt want to be heal or suspecious one can heal, one cant be heal no matter what Qigong one practice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2010 at 11:17 AM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    More results coming?
    re: qigong for fibromyalgia (FM);

    in my personal, subjective clinical experience, I completely agree that qigong is an ideal practice for FM, for a number of reasons: first and foremost, qigong practice (for health) is about what I like to call "diffusion"; what this means is that, typically, when we move, we do so in fits and starts - meaning that, if you examine the way people in general use their muscular systems and the way the tension is distributed throughout their connective tissue (CT) systems, there is a lack of continuity; this can manifest as hypertonicity in a given muscle, as fibrosis in an area of CT and, in the case of FM, mutiple areas of myofascial tripper points (MFTP); I won't go into the definition of a MFTP, but it's essentially a "dry" area that is locally tender and also refers pain along a given distribution; with FM, pt's are loaded with active MFTPs, and this is a major component of their dysfunction;
    so, with qigong practice, the idea is to manage the tension in the system "internally"; this is a tricky, qualitative experiential process, but the idea is to teach people to "float" in / on their CT structure - it's almost like "activating" the fluid in the tissues as a way of creating a diffusion between cells - (of course, this is rather metaphorical language mixed in with standard biology terms, but it's a useful way to encompass the idea);
    for many patients, a lot of this has to do with generalized systemic congestion / lymphatic return: FM pt's are often very sluggish in their constitutions, somewhat "hypo active" (not always - others can be "hyper" types, the engine's burning too hot, but that's less common - and harder to work with, IMPE); qigong is very effective in regards to encouraging lymphatic return and decreasing generalized chronic inflammation;

    incidentally, there is no need to talk about esoteric terms such as "zhen qi" and it is certainly not necessary to be celibate, in order to derive significant benefit from qigong practice: I have worked with numerous patients who have done very well without any of that; what is important is one's ability to "listen" to their body / movements in a way that they typically are not used to doing, and to feel what it's like to be "filled up" during practice; what I do believe though, is that if the teacher has not experienced this themselves, then there is really no possibility of engendering it in others; and without this quality, then qigong is really no different than most other range of motion exercises, which can still have benefit, but does not engage the organism in the same way (also, I would not say qigong is exclusive in getting this effect - other practices have that potential as well, such as yoga, which in some ways blows a lot of qigong practice out of the water in terms of efficacy); so again, there is something qualitative that I believe qigong potentiates that is "unique", but it's not as mysterious and difficult to achieve as many people seem to like to think it is;

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    There are so much ego in the western world

    IE in this forum that everyone wants to be the "Master" or even Grand Master and preaching and arguing with tons of ridiculous ideas which is a totally nonsense which any real cultivator will spot out.
    LOL!!! Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-ght!!!!! Asians are the most humble people in the world Hendrik! Especially the Chinese, home of the center of the world!!!

    Why do you never include yourself in your rants against the egos of others Henrik? Who arrogantly “argues with tons of ridiculous ideas” more than you? Who thinks or presents himself as a “Master” or even Grand Master” more than you? You comment upon the "nonsense" of others, but never recognize your own! You comment upon the ego of others, but never recognize your own! You comment upon the robotic spinning mind rainbow dream fantasies of others, but never recognize your own!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    After Decades of study with different sifus, my bottom line is if one cant enter into the silence and evoke the Zhen Qi. Forget about it. disregards who one claim he is or his sifu is.....name droping or smart talking. They dont have it. and the best those stuff can work is work as a light excersice or entertainment talk show.
    There is nothing wrong with “light exercise or entertainment talk” Henrik! It is your own ego attachments to how you “think” things should be that confuses your understanding. All “your decades of study with different sifus” has done is increase your own ego and diminished your understanding. Your ideas are fix and demonstrate little flexibility or depth of understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure, saying this is open a can and open for attack by some self proclaim Gurus in this forum. I careless because these people in one way they think they know it all, but even if they have a small sickness, they will certainly go to western medicine and totally drop the Qigong or Zen they makes so much claim that they are the master; instead of capable of using the Zhen Qi and Silence to heal the issue.
    Self proclaimed “Gurus” like yourself? A person who cannot even communicate a thought independent of what he “thinks” he has learned from his “decades of study with different sifus”! One of the characteristics of maturity and true insight Hendrik is independence of thought. I understand it may be difficult coming from a Chinese culture where getting along and conforming is encouraged, however even the greatest Chinese thinkers were independent thinkers, as they are in every other culture in the history of man!

    You will never be as clever or smart or insightful as you pretend you are until you are able to apply your criticisms of others to yourself and until you are able to think independently of your “Master”!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Let's face it. Do one really has it or not? as basic as Zhen Qi and as basic as enter into the Silence. Without these, the rest is garbage theory and fantasy.

    Without the Zhen Qi and silence, one couldnt even heal a common cold, not to mention other sickness.
    Come On Henrik, do you take ignorance pills???? If this was true then we would all have colds, even YOU, and they would never go away! The body heals itself naturally and has done so from the start without your precious “Silence” and “Zhen Qi”!

    And you have the arrogance to criticize others for pretending they are “Masters” when it is you who display your ignorance with nearly every post!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    There is a standard in Qigong training, in generally for 100 days or longer one must enter into the silence and build up the Zhen Qi. Thus, no sex is a must for the sick in these 100 days or more (untill the Zhen Qi accumulate and later sex needs to be limited.)
    Once again,

    Come On Henrik, do you take ignorance pills???? If this was true then no one would EVER get well! The body heals itself naturally and has done so from the start without your precious “Silence” and “Zhen Qi”!

    You clearly have NO medical training and have no business making these FOOLISH, STUPID, IDIOTIC, IGNORANT, claims!

    And you have the arrogance to criticize others for pretending they are “Masters” when it is you who display your ignorance with nearly every post!

    And your sexual abstinence comment has been proven to be false in numerous scientific studies. In fact, sex has been shown to stimulate the immune system!

    Do you know what that means? It means it will HELP the body heal!

    Who is it that has dream fantasies of grandeur here? Look in the mirror to find out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Without attaining the basic how can one get the benifit? simply cant because it is a causal world where one needs to generate enough energy to change the couse of a certain manifestation. talking big surely wont get one those energy needed. not to mention even with the energy needed still there are different condition needs to be met to solve the manifestation....etc. IE if the mind subsconciously hold on it then the body will proceed as the mind command, thus, one needs to enter into silence to drop that subsconcious thought/program to take the root cause out. Yes, it can be done however human in general cant do these because there are only a few who have the condition and willing to do so.
    Which is probably why people go to doctors, receive therapies and take antibiotics! Because they work better than your “dream fantasy” method!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thus, before turn oneself to any scientific research or healing, first ask oneself what kung fu attainment one has ? doesnt one has the basic such as enter into silence, and further into growing of Zhen Qi, and further into balancing the internal organs.......etc without having those attainment, one knows the outcomes because it is a causal world. Do one willing to drop sex, drop smoking, drop getting angry...sleeping before 11PM.for at least 100 days? if not then there will be not much benifit.
    Before one follows your advice one should first exhaust all scientifically proven methods and turn to your “magical” means as a last resort!

    You see Hendrik, the scientific method has its basis in the causal word, THAT is why it is called “The Scientific Method” as opposed to magic!

    Before one drops “sex, smoking, getting angry and sleep before 11PM for at least 100 days” they should drop their stupidity and ignorance and go see a Doctor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    With the Zhen Qi and silence capability, it certainly aid the healing even if one decide to combine the western medicine for the healing. Every aid is a good aid.
    Almost every post you make has at least one nugget of meaningful information! ALMOST!!! So don’t let your already outsized EGO get any bigger just because you accidently say something meaningful on occasion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    And also, if one doesnt want to be heal or suspecious one can heal, one cant be heal no matter what Qigong one practice.
    But one can with modern medicine!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Before one drops “sex, smoking, getting angry and sleep before 11PM for at least 100 days” they should drop their stupidity and ignorance and go see a Doctor!


    Based on this above, a solid evidence.

    Where is your Zen, Dao, Qi..ect which you keep posting like a guru?

    You are not a cultivator on Qi, Dao, and meditation;

    keep playing guru on the subject you are clueless, word it such that you seems like a guru,
    that is fine with me.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2010 at 04:04 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Based on this above, a solid evidence.

    Where is your Zen, Dao, Qi..ect which you keep posting like a guru?

    You are not a cultivator on Qi, Dao, and meditation;

    keep playing guru on the subject you are clueless, word it such that you seems like a guru,
    that is fine with me.
    That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to tell YOU Hendrik!

    Look in a mirror and face your own ignorance and robotic, dream fantasy, rainbow, spinning mind before you criticize what you project on to others!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 03-04-2010 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Based on this above, a solid evidence.

    Where is your Zen, Dao, Qi..ect which you keep posting like a guru?

    You are not a cultivator on Qi, Dao, and meditation;

    keep playing guru on the subject you are clueless, word it such that you seems like a guru,
    that is fine with me.
    you are an idiot; unfortunately, you have your head shoved so far up ur asz that u will never realize it; if u weren't so irritating u might be funny; but u r just a pompous tool, that is all; and ur standing gung is abyssmal;

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    you are an idiot; unfortunately, you have your head shoved so far up ur asz that u will never realize it; if u weren't so irritating u might be funny; but u r just a pompous tool, that is all; and ur standing gung is abyssmal;
    hahahaha,


    Your reaction is expected what can you say beside launching personal attack?

    seriously, you raise my compassionate because what can I expect from someone like you?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    hahahaha,

    Your reaction is expected what can you say beside launching personal attack?

    seriously, you raise my compassionate because what can I expect from someone like you?
    You mean like your post that you told me I don't know Sh!t before you edited it? That kind of compassion?

    And what about your own personal attacks Hendrik? I wouldn't have a problem with the ideas you post if you weren't so condescending to everyone else. You ARE a tool, and an A$$ Hole, and immature, and ignorant, and a know-it-all and everything else you think everyone else is!

    You criticize everyone else without recognizing your own foolishness and ignorance!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    hahahaha,
    dude, are you like, Dr. Doom, or something? everytime you post, you throw in this diabolical laughter thing; let me ask you - does it come out in some sort of high-pitched whine because of your testicles having shrivled away to nothing from your lifetime of celibacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Your reaction is expected what can you say beside launching personal attack?
    so what your saying is that you actually are aware of your own aszhattery, and anticipate that people will have a negative response to you? ok, well, I guess that makes sense...
    BTW, in all seriousness, are you really such a moron that you don't realize that you constantly launch personal attacks on people? the difference is that whereas you think that you are making some sort of compassionate comments, I am just delighting in making sport of you because ur a schmuk!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    seriously, you raise my compassionate because what can I expect from someone like you?
    hey, dude, I don't know what got rewired in your brain during your 100 days of celibacy (thank goodness I came out of mine still interested in women!), but just because I "raise your compassionate" (), doesn't mean that you can expect anything from me!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    local
    Posts
    4,200
    i think hendrik has lost it...

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i think hendrik has lost it...
    He never HAD it in the first place.....he is still looking for it!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i think hendrik has lost it...
    Assuming he ever had it...

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Assuming he ever had it...
    Beat you to it!!!

  14. #74
    all hail! Master beater, lord of the sword, god of the rod, thane of the membrane!

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    all hail! Master beater, lord of the sword, god of the rod, thane of the membrane!
    I accept your accolades with all the awesome humility of the master of the universe that I am!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •