Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wu sau position with ur bong sau

wu sau position with ur bong sau

Where do you position ur wu sau when u do a hight bong sau?

a lot of yip man lineage keep their wu sau half way distance of the bong
    WC like Yuen kay San WC keep their wu sau very near of the bong sau arm like a reinforcing....

whats the pro and cons (good and bad for each position

Wu sao is the rear guard. It supports the front lines however it can.

Wu sao can combine with bong sao to defend against a punch - for example, if the bong was not strong enough or not on time, the wu sao can divert the remaining energy left or right from centre.

It can also combine with bong sao to form various kwan saos, or binding hands.

I like to have the Wu sao shape "float" at the level of my other arm's elbow, between the centreline and inside of the other arm. It's pretty versatile.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    I kind of don't believe in a high Bong Sau. I don't think Bong Sau should be for anything above the neck.

With that being said, regardless of where my Bong Sau is, my Wu Sau is roughly where it is in the retracted portion of my Siu Nim Tao - not on MY centreline per se, but pointing at my opponent.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

wu sau position should be dictated by necessity, if it has to go forward it should (possibly as a tan sau to form kwan sau) if it goes forwrd without reason it is inefficient and tying up your own hands needlessly. High bong sau is replaced in some schools with bui sau.

I don't think it is a matter of lineage at all. I think it is more a personal thing.

Dont know YKS wc-just a good version of Ip man wc

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post

a lot of yip man lineage keep their wu sau half way distance of the bong
    WC like Yuen kay San WC keep their wu sau very near of the bong sau arm like a reinforcing....

whats the pro and cons (good and bad for each position
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You first have to have a good well balanced wing chun body structure-without which "techniques'"can break down. The mutually supporting positions of bong and wu would then depend on whether you are facing your own shadow or facing someone else.

joy chaudhuri

the first actions of the forms are man & vu , wrists xing the line. not hi / lo gaun sao's

the rear vu x's the centerline at the wrist, making the vu sit by the bicep/elbow of the bong sao, whatever the height.

vu-sao is an attacking position, not defensive, bong is a way to recover the bridged arm ...as the bong deflects and the elbow drops to become a strike [as chi-sao] the vu strikes out....

if the bong doesnt work , u lop if it is working you dont need to lop from vu, just strike iow attack..dont do 2 defensive actions in sequence....

by xing the line with the wrists we strike along the line intersecting anything on it ...without thinking.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 11-28-2009 at 08:49 AM.

By hight bong i mean a bong to the shoulder level or in the middle body...i agrree a biu sau for hight attack is good

What the used of bong sau ....for me its for jamming the attack thats not a block just a interception a set up ....like the kwun sau .....with the wu sau near of the bong arms u could lop sau or hit more fast
    with the wu here we dont talk about the used with the footwork...

I agree. If the attack is high, a bong sao is not the appropriate response to it..according to what i've learned that is.

a high attack doesn't have the right pressure to create the bong sao reaction...when it's high, you just hit.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    I kind of don't believe in a high Bong Sau. I don't think Bong Sau should be for anything above the neck.

With that being said, regardless of where my Bong Sau is, my Wu Sau is roughly where it is in the retracted portion of my Siu Nim Tao - not on MY centreline per se, but pointing at my opponent.
    Grasshopper 2.0

Compact, portable home gym system perfect for martial artists!
    Maximize your STRIKING POWER!

www.mightygrasshopper.com
    Health, wellness, fitness and nutritional product reviews!

Check out my Wing Tsun Kung Fu Blog
    It's kung fu but with an honest perspective!
    Updated Mondays and Wednesdays

"This ain't Hollywood's kung fu!"

www.functionalwingtsun.com

Want to try? Hit up
    www.wingtsunkungfu.com

well now

When we speak of

Wu Sau and Bong Sau...

Aren't we really talking about form of Kau Sau or Kwan Sau?

or

Is this what you mean????????
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Yes Yoshi

for the wu position with the bong the last photos ...and the finger hand of the bong is toward the opponent......kan sau or gwun sau is a derivate of the bong sau and wu sau
    position

using 2 hands to fight one isolated & flanked arm is NOT a skill

No Yoshi, I don't think they are the same. Not used the same anyway. When you bong sao, it is usually when you are not in position to tan or bil sao or whatever. Seldom higher then shoulder and never lower than the belly. At least the way I use it. The wu remains on the center of your incoming opponent. When you bong you do so on your own center line, but to avoid being hit in the face or chest you also shift to your oposite side slightly, but the wu does not follow that shift, but remains exactly where it should be, facing your oponent. I think someone already said that. It should be somewhere around your upper arm between shoulder and elbow. If you use that hand to grab with, it is in proper position, and should you need to block or parry another incoming punch you have your hand in proper position still.

LCP

u use it for strike ur wusau is there for reinforce ur jamming with the bong and he strike ....bong sau is use for crash in ur opponent for unbalanced him not for block for cover......or for emergency situation for retreat

here what i mean about the wu sau position with bong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9KviQDMGA