Thread: Brandon Chan arrested....twice.

Brandon Chan arrested....twice.

According to the news Brandon chan has been re-arrested in malaysia.
    The police arrested him at the court he had just left after posting bail for extortion charges.
    here's a link.

http://martialarts.com.my/community/...p?storyid=2018

Thoughts?
    Last edited by bitter eater; 05-28-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

1, this is a tragic.
    if you watch the movie Wang Fei-Hung series 1 where the martial artists from the north got to fight Wang because he needs food.

so, he deserved a chance. and let him see the good of other martial artists toward him. and hope that will change him to do good.

2, Learn from his mistake and dont repeat his mistake.

3, make use of his strength and help him to over come his weakness.

4, it is always easy to place blame. however, put ourselve in his position, what is the chance we will do the same or even worst then him?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-28-2010 at 10:52 PM.

not judging

I'm not judging him hendrik. merely posting a bit of news about a fairly well known wing chun practitioner and asking for peoples thoughts on the matter.
    Thanks for sharing yours.

Hello,

My thoughts:

I do not know this person nor do I have the full story so I will reserve judgement.

Irregardless of what they may have done or not done has no impact or bearing on his Wing Chun Skill.

This also has no bearing on my Wing Chun ability either.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

I have no idea as to what he has been up to. But I do know that usually when something like this occurs, there is more than meets the eye. I can not judge, as I myself spent most of my own life as a thug, and I am sure extortion was in the mix somewhere. What I am saying is that although just one case might be at issue, it is not likely the only instance. Thuggery is not something you decide to do one day. It is a lifestyle. I would not be at all surprised if down the line all charges are dropped.

Blog Entries
    Is 38 years old a bit too young to be called "grandmaster"?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Is 38 years old a bit too young to be called "grandmaster"?
    I was wondering when someone would bring that up. It is in my opinion, but I think it really goes by the generations of students you have taught.

Quote Originally Posted by bitter eater View Post
    I'm not judging him hendrik. merely posting a bit of news about a fairly well known wing chun practitioner and asking for peoples thoughts on the matter.
    Thanks for sharing yours.

Understood.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I was wondering when someone would bring that up. It is in my opinion, but I think it really goes by the generations of students you have taught.
    i had heard traditionally a grandmaster was someone who created a style, rather than mastered one that was taught to them. sorry to get off subject, but is this generally accepted as tradition (even tho i know it's not in america) or no?

Grandmaster is the officially recognized inheritor of a system.

Or.. The figurehead and top master of a branch of schools with many trained "Sifus/masters (with their own schools) below him.