Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: resistance, withdraw, dissolve

Hendrik,

By 'dissolving' do you mean the skilll that Dale Dugas exhibits? taking the force but not being affected by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Who cares about redirecting and recovering?

BOng is alike a rotating three fins fan blade cut the heck out of everything, untouchable.
    Great Post Hendrik. So tell me by dissolving force is this same as dissipating the force or dispersing force. Similiar to Tan Sau. When the force comes in it is turn off to emptiness. When you can turn force to emptiness or nothingness is the same as dissolving force?

The word Dissolve means "to cause to disperse or disappear. "

So with your Tan Sau or Tan Da aren't you dissolving force hear. But the key is not so much forward vector where the pressure goes upward. Your intention should be downward. As you go forward. So your Yi emanates both forward and downward at the same time so the force is dissolve to nothingness. Your bridge should be light and soft. This allows one to sense changes, openings, and attacks. Once you sense a change you can redirect, dissolve or withdraw the incoming force. Also what breath do you use when you dissolve. When you strike the breath goes outward. To uproot the breath comes in. To reel in and redirect the breath goes out. How should the breath be when you dissolve? Personally I believe if you inhale you are uprooting but if you exhale you can sink or fajin.

How ever speaking of Dissolving one should be rooted in the feet,
    generated from the legs, controlled by the waist, and manifested through the fingers. The body acts as one unit to dissolve incoming force. I see what you mean by withdrawing however. it is the opposite of advancing. If you are sticking to your opponent and feel him advance with great force you withdraw while still maintaining connection. This is how you release force via withdrawing. So first you must yield to force before you can disslove. Would you agree hendrik. When you sense hard force coming on your bridge you must first be soft to yield. If you return hard for hard then you are fighting incoming force. This is resisting. But true WC is not about resisting force with force. Its about turning off force, Its about redirecting energy and creating a whirlwind to send the force back to your opponent. Its about being a lever. If you feel pressure in your right arm empty your left arm, become soft. Allow your force to disappear. But I know the key is the breath. With the proper breath one can control force through their body. But one must be soft to defeat the strong.

Here is a great saying "Entice the opponent toward you by allowing him to advance, lightly and nimbly follow his incoming forcewithout disconnecting and without resisting. When his force reaches its ****hest extent,it will naturally become empty. The opponent can then be let go or countered at will.Maintain your central equilibrium."

So the key is attract to emptiness and disperse the energy. The entire body must be relaxed. Not one once of strength is left in bones,muscles and sinews.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    Hendrik,

By 'dissolving' do you mean the skilll that Dale Dugas exhibits? taking the force but not being affected by it?

I dont know what Dale is doing so cant comment.

Your description is not what I mean, also it is too complicated and too much thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Great Post Hendrik. So tell me by dissolving force is this same as dissipating the force or dispersing force. Similiar to Tan Sau. When the force comes in it is turn off to emptiness. When you can turn force to emptiness or nothingness is the same as dissolving force?

The word Dissolve means "to cause to disperse or disappear. "

So with your Tan Sau or Tan Da aren't you dissolving force hear. But the key is not so much forward vector where the pressure goes upward. Your intention should be downward. As you go forward. So your Yi emanates both forward and downward at the same time so the force is dissolve to nothingness. Your bridge should be light and soft. This allows one to sense changes, openings, and attacks. Once you sense a change you can redirect, dissolve or withdraw the incoming force. Also what breath do you use when you dissolve. When you strike the breath goes outward. To uproot the breath comes in. To reel in and redirect the breath goes out. How should the breath be when you dissolve? Personally I believe if you inhale you are uprooting but if you exhale you can sink or fajin.

How ever speaking of Dissolving one should be rooted in the feet,
    generated from the legs, controlled by the waist, and manifested through the fingers. The body acts as one unit to dissolve incoming force. I see what you mean by withdrawing however. it is the opposite of advancing. If you are sticking to your opponent and feel him advance with great force you withdraw while still maintaining connection. This is how you release force via withdrawing. So first you must yield to force before you can disslove. Would you agree hendrik. When you sense hard force coming on your bridge you must first be soft to yield. If you return hard for hard then you are fighting incoming force. This is resisting. But true WC is not about resisting force with force. Its about turning off force, Its about redirecting energy and creating a whirlwind to send the force back to your opponent. Its about being a lever. If you feel pressure in your right arm empty your left arm, become soft. Allow your force to disappear. But I know the key is the breath. With the proper breath one can control force through their body. But one must be soft to defeat the strong.

Here is a great saying "Entice the opponent toward you by allowing him to advance, lightly and nimbly follow his incoming forcewithout disconnecting and without resisting. When his force reaches its ****hest extent,it will naturally become empty. The opponent can then be let go or countered at will.Maintain your central equilibrium."

So the key is attract to emptiness and disperse the energy. The entire body must be relaxed. Not one once of strength is left in bones,muscles and sinews.

Your description is not what I mean, also it is too complicated and too much thoughts.
    Please share in simpler terms what do mean as for Dissolving force?

1.Also what breath do you use for uprooting and dissolving?

2.When you can turn force to emptiness or nothingness is the same as dissolving force?

3.How do you dissolve force with Sil Lim Tau?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Upon further reflection, I think Hendrik is alluding to IMA skills along the lines of Xing Yi's San Ti training. I never heard the word "dissolve" used to explain it, but I guess it could apply to the idea of dissolving the intent of one's opponent, as well as dissolving the blockages between one's own senses, form, and intent.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Please share in simpler terms what do mean as for Dissolving force?

1.Also what breath do you use for uprooting and dissolving?

2.When you can turn force to emptiness or nothingness is the same as dissolving force?

3.How do you dissolve force with Sil Lim Tau?

Find a sifu who knows to train you instead of keep spinning your mind , misleading yourself, and wasting life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Upon further reflection, I think Hendrik is alluding to IMA skills along the lines of Xing Yi's San Ti training. I never heard the word "dissolve" used to explain it, but I guess it could apply to the idea of dissolving the intent of one's opponent, as well as dissolving the blockages between one's own senses, form, and intent.

intent is punch, punch is intention, physical is intention, intention is physical.

Nature got no label of Xing Yi, Bagua.......ect.
    and Reality is not a speculation according to anyone's logical thinking.

When you think dissolving you already use mind and that is artifacts non nature.

intent is punch, punch is intention, physical is intention, intention is physical.

Nature got no label of Xing Yi, Bagua.......ect.
    and Reality is not a speculation according to anyone's logical thinking.

When you think dissolving you already use mind and that is artifacts non nature.
    what is dissolving? what is the intention?

When I asked you questions to discuss what the heck you are talking about you say

Find a sifu who knows to train you instead of keep spinning your mind , misleading yourself, and wasting life.
    Today 03:19 PM
    Why not discuss these things. You seem free to share speculation but share what you know my friend. Share the answer to Song of Flow. An is the key. Please tell me what is dissolve...What is the song of Yi the song of Intention Please share?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    In Your opinion what are the key mechanics needed to be able to dissolve incoming force, and please don't give the same old answer of go bai si. This is a messageboard for discussion.
    kungfufighter the key components you need are to dissolve incoming force is to basai and asked your sifu! You need to practice what your sifu tells you. That is key to dissolving incoming force...

By none other than the infamous
    Hendrik Bullcrapper

...unless your sifu doesn't have t3h r34a1 |)|5501\/3 from 1850.

Then you're f*cked.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

...unless your sifu doesn't have t3h r34a1 |)|5501\/3 from 1850.

Then you're f*cked.

Sure, that is life everyone needs to face.

Sure, that is life everyone needs to face.
    What is something everyone needs to face?

What is something everyone needs to face?
    Death.

Any other riddles? Here's one:

What's greater than the greatest
    Less than the least
    The rich need it
    The poor have it
    And if you eat it you will die?

wow thats morbid buddy...ha ha...but so true...

So whats something from your view point that can excels ones WC????

What are some elements people should study,practice and meditate on...

Death.

Any other riddles? Here's one:

What's greater than the greatest
    Less than the least
    The rich need it
    The poor have it
    And if you eat it you will die?