Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun got robbed

Shogun got robbed

He beat Machida's ***. I don't care what the record book says. Shogun's the champ.

how? alot of shoguns huas low kicks missed and that is basically all he did was low kick to the thigh whole fight

lyoto landed more hands too add to it

the fight at the least should have been a draw

both men were timid and scared of one another at it added up to a boring fight on both sides all and all

but like they said you want to beat the champ do it in good fashion not just round kick his leg the whole fight

my buddy claims one of the judges or refs was arguing with lyoto before he got int he cage anyone see that?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

It was an interesting fight.

Shogun's leg kicks were a good way to reduce Machida's evasiveness while keeping him at bay - a lot of the kicks were responses to attacks by Machida. Props to Machida for defending his title, and props Shogun for not getting owned. I think the rematch is going to be awesome, with Shogun working on a way to end the fight and Machida working on who knows what.
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 10-25-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    my buddy claims one of the judges or refs was arguing with lyoto before he got int he cage anyone see that?
    I saw it, but I'm not sure what I saw.

The ref came over and talked to Machida. Then the ref left (is it possible he talked to someone outside the cage?) Then the ref came back, and talked to Machida again. Not at all sure what it was about, and it seemed peculiar because the ref didn't go through the same act with Shogun - at least, I didn't see him do so.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

A lot of Machida's strikes missed too. Don't be a homer.

Rua exposed Machida. He used his own tactics against him. And he went ****her then that. When he did press he was baiting Machida. He knew Machida would try to counter and already had him set up for a counter to that. That kick punch combo he did was a perfect example.

And he was pressing the space the whole fight. Machida was always trying to backpedal and evade, Rua gets aggressiveness hands down. And he blew him up with those kicks.

Exposed Machida's style. He puts too much weight on his lead leg. Eliminates his lead leg round kick. And his feet are too inline. His lateral movement isn't as good as people think and Rua just showed you why. The only way Machida can fight the way he does is he has great hip rotation and good reflexes. Rua took that away from him and Machida was a fish in a barrel after that.

More than that, Rua took away one of Machida's few initiations. Machida is a great counter fighter but he relies way too much on his hands. Then when he goes offensive he leads in with a kick or knee to get close to punch. You didn't see any of that stuff Machida pulled on Tito. Rua took it away from him.

From here out people are going to be blowing up his legs.

By the end of the fight Machida didn't even look like he wanted to be in there. 4th round he didn't throw anything. 5th wasn't much better.

Machida got owned.

Don't expect Machida to stay at one level and not evolve.

It was a tough fight, Honestly I wouldn't say Rua won. A very close fight, but I personally agree with the judges. Judging from Lyoto's character I'm sure he will be training hard and expect a rematch.

I love all the internet experts.. depending on how you watch the fight you can come to different conclusions..

something was going on before the fight it was clear.. Lyoto didn't look like he was 100% there.. I believe that the whole being the champ has taken allot out of him. Lets see what the next fight brings.

I can't see how you can believe he got "owned". If anything it was a even fight. You have to do allot more to "owned". LOL

At best it was 3-2 Rua. 3rd round Machida and 1st round debatable.

As far as Machida evolving. He better. He's been figured out. Judging from his response, I think Lyoto was as surprised as anybody that he actually got called with the win. Everybody and their brother knows who won that fight, fans, fighters et al.

Shogun controlled the space. Shogun had the most aggressiveness. Who landed more shots is debatable. But its crystal f'n clear who did the most damage.

Shogun got robbed. Its bad when even Machida knows he lost that fight.

Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.
    Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy
    Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).
    Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the bod...y
    Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.
    Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

yeah but look at that for alot of ru kicking lyotos legs even during the later round when he tried to flurry on machida lyoto was still elusive enough to slip alot of them

like i said at the least a tie at the most the judges decision was good

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Don King Production......

Definitely NOT an a$$ beating as suggested

Apparently you need to beat a champion by a significant amount, not just squeek out a win like a non-title fight. Shogun seemed to have a slight edge in the fight but needed to do much more to take the title.

The ringside commentary was a bit biased in favor of Shogun which was annoying. This would lead viewers to think Shogun did more than he had in reality.

Hopefully the rematch will be more of a fight, I really hate seeing so much caution in the ring which is why a Machida fight doesn't normally excite me.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Apparently you need to beat a champion by a significant amount, not just squeek out a win like a non-title fight. Shogun seemed to have a slight edge in the fight but needed to do much more to take the title.

The ringside commentary was a bit biased in favor of Shogun which was annoying. This would lead viewers to think Shogun did more than he had in reality.

Hopefully the rematch will be more of a fight, I really hate seeing so much caution in the ring which is why a Machida fight doesn't normally excite me.
    If anyone thought Lyoto's style couldn't be figured out then they were pretty stupid. He has shown that he can evolve. I made my statement because of how the judges rule. I love the sport of MMA, I hate the judging. Your comment about Winning a title fight is exactly what happened. In my not so humble opinion the rules and methods that fights are scored in the UFC should be MUCH clearer. It also almost seems like judges are at times scared to really score a round correctly. IE really low or really high. I think the fact that so many different "disciplines" are involved makes it even harder to judge. For example a failed takedown could be looked at aggression for the attacker or a positive defence for the attacked. I believe again this was the case, with this fight. Several times Machida survived situations that could be looked at both ways. (I'm not saying I agree with how it was looked at). The waters are VERY grey.. that being said I personally though Rua should have been able to pull of more. The fact that he didn't (maybe should have gotten the belt) but didn't win in a decisive manner.. shows were the UFC feels it needs to go. (were it has always been). They push one fighter to make money.

I'm going to bet the next fight its going to see a very different Machida and Rua's next fight will be a KO. The rematch should be good. Rua should have taken Machida down.. JMO. I strongly question Machida's BJJ. I'm waiting to see how good he really is. I hear Rua has some good skills being a BB under Nino. I also hear the Nino of today is nothing like the Nino of old. I have heard many cool stories about Nino from my teacher. The guys he completely destroyed and humiliated in the gym, at tournaments in brasil.
    Last edited by monji112000; 10-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.
    Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy
    Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).
    Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the bod...y
    Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.
    Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.
    http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html
    Machida/Rua
    Round 1) 11/19
    Round 2) 7/21
    Round 3) 15/19
    Round 4) 3/10
    Round 5) 6/13

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
    BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
    USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
    ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
    CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
    MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
    MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
    5 Ounces of Pain : Rua
    Fightlinker : Rua
    ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
    Sherdog:
    Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
    Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
    Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Ken Flo: "I love Machida but Shogun won that fight!!"

Dennis Kang: "Shogun got robbed last night IMO"

And that crap about having to take the belt is BS. By that logic then I guess whoever wins the Super Bowl has to beat the Steelers by 3 touchdowns and a safety right?

Better beat the Lakers by 50 this year or it don't count.....

Win by 1 or win by 28. Its still a win. This is no different and if that's how they're judging then they need to be thrown out.

Shogun got robbed

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html
    Machida/Rua
    Round 1) 11/19
    Round 2) 7/21
    Round 3) 15/19
    Round 4) 3/10
    Round 5) 6/13

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
    BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
    USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
    ESPN / Jake Rossen: 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
    CagePotato: 49-46 Rua
    MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
    MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua
    MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
    5 Ounces of Pain : Rua
    Fightlinker : Rua
    ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
    Sherdog:
    Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
    Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
    Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Ken Flo: "I love Machida but Shogun won that fight!!"

Dennis Kang: "Shogun got robbed last night IMO"

And that crap about having to take the belt is BS. By that logic then I guess whoever wins the Super Bowl has to beat the Steelers by 3 touchdowns and a safety right?

Better beat the Lakers by 50 this year or it don't count.....

Win by 1 or win by 28. Its still a win. This is no different and if that's how they're judging then they need to be thrown out.

Shogun got robbed
    Oh I love the Dennis Kang qoute.. maybe I should quote my brother.. or maybe my sparring partner?? You can quote all the Halfwit "sports" bloggers all you want that doesn't change what I said. I see were you are coming from its just not realistic. You are failing to grasp the simple concepts I stated.

1) the methods for scoring rounds and what is "expected" are not clear. I'm not making this up. Do some research this is what's being said officially .. Rua didn't show enough to merit the belt.
    2) How you view anything can drastically change your scoring. What you see as aggression, or powerful attacks.. a judge may not. I'm not agreeing I'm simple enlightening you to how its being seen. If he had followed up with more head attacks that "seemed" to have "ROCKED" him.. you would have seen a different verdict. If you would have seen a completed takedown you would have seen a different verdict.

You have to look at the whole picture of how a judge may score the round/fight. I don't 100% agree with how it was scored.. but again I don't often agree with how fights are scored. It was a big mistake by Rua to keep it standing. He had a perfect strategy, he just didn't win the judges over..

take it or leave it thats what's being said as the reason.. expect a different fight for both fighters.