Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shogun got robbed

Rule of thumb, you wanna win a title you do NOT leave up to the judges.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    Oh I love the Dennis Kang qoute.. maybe I should quote my brother.. or maybe my sparring partner?? You can quote all the Halfwit "sports" bloggers all you want that doesn't change what I said. I see were you are coming from its just not realistic. You are failing to grasp the simple concepts I stated.

1) the methods for scoring rounds and what is "expected" are not clear. I'm not making this up. Do some research this is what's being said officially .. Rua didn't show enough to merit the belt.
    2) How you view anything can drastically change your scoring. What you see as aggression, or powerful attacks.. a judge may not. I'm not agreeing I'm simple enlightening you to how its being seen. If he had followed up with more head attacks that "seemed" to have "ROCKED" him.. you would have seen a different verdict. If you would have seen a completed takedown you would have seen a different verdict.

You have to look at the whole picture of how a judge may score the round/fight. I don't 100% agree with how it was scored.. but again I don't often agree with how fights are scored. It was a big mistake by Rua to keep it standing. He had a perfect strategy, he just didn't win the judges over..

take it or leave it thats what's being said as the reason.. expect a different fight for both fighters.
    No, I'm understand perfectly well what you're saying. And I'm saying its bull****.

Every other freggin sport on the planet can standardize its rules and enforce some sort of standard to their officiating (minus Ed Hochuli).

Rua showed enough to beat Machida. That's enough to merit the belt. Fighters shouldn't be getting browny points just cuz they walked in the door with a giant piece of jewelry.

So when Labron puts away the Lakers this year with a last second buzzer beater we're still going to let Kobe rub his face all over the trophy right? Cuz you don't beat the champ unless the blow em out right? That's just *******ness at its finest.

Heaven forbid the f'n officials have to actually attention to the fight. No lets not interrupt them with their martinis and *****ing about how much they'd rather be watching boxing from their nice little cage-side seats......

The **** stinks and people smell it. You can come back with whatever 2 cent wisecrack you want about what you think of people and their mental capabilities but when this much of a community is calling BS, guess what? Something's wrong.

If the *******es at the table aren't doing their jobs then they need to be replaced. And I wouldn't mind having judges turn in their cards per round either. It should be no secret at any point in the fight who sits where on points. The more transparent the process is the less chance somebody....cough Cecil...is gonna f it up.

how the **** do you tell if the strikes were power punches lmao!

were shogun or machida grimacing and shaking their fists in the air after a punch like bruce lee?

like i said essentially all rua did was kick machida in the thigh the whole fight thats not good enough to win a match

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Rule of thumb, you wanna win a title you do NOT leave up to the judges.
    exactly.

qft
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    No, I'm understand perfectly well what you're saying. And I'm saying its bull****.

Every other freggin sport on the planet can standardize its rules and enforce some sort of standard to their officiating (minus Ed Hochuli).

Rua showed enough to beat Machida. That's enough to merit the belt. Fighters shouldn't be getting browny points just cuz they walked in the door with a giant piece of jewelry.

So when Labron puts away the Lakers this year with a last second buzzer beater we're still going to let Kobe rub his face all over the trophy right? Cuz you don't beat the champ unless the blow em out right? That's just *******ness at its finest.

Heaven forbid the f'n officials have to actually attention to the fight. No lets not interrupt them with their martinis and *****ing about how much they'd rather be watching boxing from their nice little cage-side seats......

The **** stinks and people smell it. You can come back with whatever 2 cent wisecrack you want about what you think of people and their mental capabilities but when this much of a community is calling BS, guess what? Something's wrong.

If the *******es at the table aren't doing their jobs then they need to be replaced. And I wouldn't mind having judges turn in their cards per round either. It should be no secret at any point in the fight who sits where on points. The more transparent the process is the less chance somebody....cough Cecil...is gonna f it up.
    oh so what are the exact rules for scoring in the UFC? Since Rua showed enough , please show me some metric for measuring what enough is? is it hit percentage? power punch percentage? Accuracy? Aggression? How do you measure aggression? number of completed take-downs? number of successfully defended takedowns? ect.. ect.. ect..

its nice you think its BS.. and I may agree (or disagree) but the fact still remains is VERY unclear on how the UFC scores fights. MMA as a whole has the same issue...

The fact is and will remain this way.. you leave it up to the judges and you stand to be surprised. Until a very specific criteria is defined for scoring rounds and fights you will see this from time to time.

Rua didn't show enough to "beat" Machida, because he didn't he lost. If he is smart he will face the facts, and move on. What do you want a recount? He made the mistake of not pressing the action enough at the end of each round. Its his fault not the judges, maybe they gave poor calls.. but in the end its his fault. Cry , moan , complain, but at the end of the day... he lost. Next time he should do his job right.

He should just do the BJ thing, dominate the next fight.
    Last edited by monji112000; 10-27-2009 at 07:10 AM.

I'm a Machida fan, and I had it 3-2 Rua. (48-47) Although that sounds like a pretty close fight on paper, I felt Rua won pretty convincingly. But I also agree with Yao Sing, I thought it was so weird the pro Rua commentary. There were times where I thought Machida would get the better of a flurry or an exchange, and all I could hear was Rogan or his cheerleader yell "WOW SHOGUN WITH A NICE BLAH, BLAH, BLAH". I mean where the heck was the impartiality? Although I thought Rua had the win on lock, I don't think it was the blowout some ppl thought it was, because I think the commentary might have convinced some ppl other wise.

But Rua won no doubt. Machida's reply to Joe was that there were three different judges tonight, and all I three thought he won, and he's sorry if you disagree with their decision. Doesn't sound like someone who thought they deserved the win.

With that being said, I hope MMA doesn't turn into boxing.

Rua should have taken Machida down.. JMO. I strongly question Machida's BJJ. I'm waiting to see how good he really is.
    This is exactly what I was thinking the whole time. If only Machida was taken down the mat a couple of times, I think that Shogun's points would have gone up and he would have won.

Hopefully next time he will work harder to dump him on his arse.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Apprentice View Post
    ...all I could hear was Rogan or his cheerleader yell "WOW SHOGUN WITH A NICE BLAH, BLAH, BLAH". I mean where the heck was the impartiality?
    Most of the time, I can handle Rogan's rhetoric. But that night, he was an idiot. He was calling certain techniques wrongly and he even called the Californians a bunch of dumba$$es...can't remember how he worded it...basically saying they're a bunch of blonde hair-wearing bimbos er something.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

commercialized sport fighting sure can tweek the entertainment factor.

*crowd going wild*

Why should Shogun have taken him down? He was winning the stand up...and is probably a better striker anyway.

Now I only caught the last two rounds, Machida sure didn't look like the winner or the champ in my opinion...it was clear the Rua wanted it more and I thought he did more damage. He also was the aggressor and maintained Octagon control whatever that means.

As far as Rogan goes...he's not a Judge and I thought he called the 'fight' pretty accurately.

shogun did try to take him down he couldnt

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Why should Shogun have taken him down? He was winning the stand up...and is probably a better striker anyway.

Now I only caught the last two rounds, Machida sure didn't look like the winner or the champ in my opinion...it was clear the Rua wanted it more and I thought he did more damage. He also was the aggressor and maintained Octagon control whatever that means.

As far as Rogan goes...he's not a Judge and I thought he called the 'fight' pretty accurately.
    say what you will but I can strongly say that the way he was winning in the standup, caused him to lose. taking Machida down would have solidified the win.. Just listen to Dana's ****ed off rant at the post fight.

say what you will but I can strongly say that the way he was winning in the standup, caused him to lose. taking Machida down would have solidified the win.. Just listen to Dana's ****ed off rant at the post fight.
    You have a link to that rant? What was he ****ed off about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    You have a link to that rant? What was he ****ed off about?
    Did you try searching for it? google .. youtube..

here is the first clip that comes up when I searched.. not sure if it has allot of stuff..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-dN...c-HM-fresh+div