Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars, Motorcycles and Kung Fu Weapons

Anybody heard of Langlets Leathers, Portland OR?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    yeah, me too. I'm not the guy who loves jamming on the freeway, amidst tractor-trailers, and bad drivers. I like an open road, trees, and frsh air, with my bike purring along-as much as straight shotguns can purr...well, you get the idea.
    po-TA-to, po-TA-to..
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    yeah, me too. I'm not the guy who loves jamming on the freeway, amidst tractor-trailers, and bad drivers. I like an open road, trees, and frsh air, with my bike purring along-as much as straight shotguns can purr...well, you get the idea.
    I hear yeah...

yum cha... nah never heard of it or them?

MC club?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    http://www.langlitz.com/index.html

sounds like they predate Schott leather jackets.
    I have to check out their prices-I am in the market for a new leather jacket.
    I also want to buy a Lil Joe's vest-but they are very expensive.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i always wear a joe rocket armour jacket with kevlar.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Pricey leather? looks like it.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Unfinished Mahogany Martin D-15, Johnny Reb Hollow Body Electric, USB Keyboard, Protools Digital Studio.

Draw, Paint, Airbrush, Doodle, 3D in Maya, 3D Studio Max, Bryce.

I wanna motor byke but mother says nay nay

Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 11-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Pricey leather? looks like it.
    Not really. Usually under 600 CAD so about 525 usd for their decent ones.
    They have some high end ones too, but so does HD fashion. lol

Buy a HD jacket at their shop and you will pay 3x what it is actually worth.

kinda like buying a Cadillac, you really are paying for the name and the badge and aren't getting a significantly better car.

joe rocket jackets are as good as or better than anything HD produces for biker clothing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Anything HD is pricey.

you know what it stands for right?

Hundred Dollars not harley davidson
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Anybody heard of Langlets Leathers, Portland OR?
    yep, i live in portland.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

the thing with a weapon, is if it's made properly, it has a balance point, so even if it's heavy, it still is usable. If I pick up a set of butterfly knives that are twice as heavy as my own, I don't feel comfortable, but I can manage them alright.
    You would hate my Harley. It's a '73 Shovelhead, ape hangers, and bored out from 74cc to 89cc. It used to have a raked front end,8"over, with a drum front brake (which is like no brake at all) Now it has a stock front end with disc brake, so it stops. Tranny's tight but hard to find neutral.
    Guitars? Depends on the set-up/ I play Mostly Les Pauls, but I own a few Strats. I like my action low and I like light guage strings. My Les Paul Custom '57 reissue has a fatter neck, but within moments, I settle right in. However, if I get on a guitar with a higher action and heavy guage strings, I can't express myself the same way. I was playing my friend's G&L and he had heavier strings. He says,"You sound good on the tens." But they're not for me.
    Likewise if I can't get a decent sound out of the amp, I'm completely frustrated. I like my sound warm, a bit overdriven, and lots of sustain. I can't stand a brittle, barky sound.
    Guns are the same way. I like the way my Sig feels in my hand. I don't like the Berretta-too fat. I checked out a Kimbar .45 and it felt great. Like it was made for me.
    You're my hero...

Except I don't go for Gibsons. They don't fit my hand right. I've always played one offs... Kramers, BC Rich, Charvel/Jackson, Ibanez, ESP, etc... Better neck selections for me.

Sig is butter in the hand. Doesn't matter the model, the geometry is always on. Kimber is too rigid for my tastes, but the feel is spot on. I prefer my rattlin milspec Colt 1991A1. Little loose out of the box & nail driving at 10 yards. Don't like the Baretta or Glock. Front sight geometry isn't right for me.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    wtf? are we all motorcycle riding, guitar playing kungfu guys?

what's up with those connections? You guys don't paint & draw too do you?
    Interesting observation. I used to be a commercial artist, too. Prefer fine arts. My ax is a forty year old Les Paul but I pick up an acoustic more often. My wheels are a '95 BMW K75RT with full faring. Guess I'm kinda ueber-Teutonic because my sidearm is a Walther P99 in 10mm configuration.

Maybe the David Carradine hippy/monk image was the wrong icon. Somebody needs to write the screenplay for the hard-rockin' metal-totin' biker/sensitive artist who happens to love gung fu.

jd
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    Interesting observation. I used to be a commercial artist, too. Prefer fine arts. My ax is a forty year old Les Paul but I pick up an acoustic more often. My wheels are a '95 BMW K75RT with full faring. Guess I'm kinda ueber-Teutonic because my sidearm is a Walther P99 in 10mm configuration.

Maybe the David Carradine hippy/monk image was the wrong icon. Somebody needs to write the screenplay for the hard-rockin' metal-totin' biker/sensitive artist who happens to love gung fu.

jd
    Yeah, that was predator vs alien.

pretty green here about that les paul.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

http://www.langlitz.com/index.html

sounds like they predate Schott leather jackets.
    I have to check out their prices-I am in the market for a new leather jacket.
    I also want to buy a Lil Joe's vest-but they are very expensive.
    Man, they undersell themselves on the web...

Ross Langlets invented the highwayman jacket. Cutting up old WWII bomber jackets, adding kidney belts, etc, until he came up with the designs for the 'Columbia". He's an icon, like 'Hankey-panky" is to tatoos.

They did the jackets for the SF Police dpt for years through the 60's. Also, most the custom body suits for the local racers.

Pick you basic style, pick your pocket config (including internal pistol pocket - 10 options I think) pick your weight of leather, colour, pads, yea, whatever.
    Tell them what wrist you wear your watch on so they can put in the extra 1/2" needed to zip the wrist.

Probably the best handmade leathers you can buy. Says the wait is 1-3 months now, not bad compared to the past.

I went back 10 years later, and they put an extra couple of inches in it for me, just for cosmetic reasons, of course....

And Yes, Jamison, I'm calling you out!

My old-school handmade leather jacket will choke out your fancy kevlar racing gear.....er, ah, if it can catch it...
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    yep, i live in portland.
    Hows the rose garden park doing these days?

Loved living in Oregon. The road to Mary's Peak was one of the best I ever rode. The coast, up to Bend, great rides.

Motored all of 1, 101 and I 5 from Seattle to San Bernadino, and then some!
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng