Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: talking about hypocracy in kung fu: shaolin monks in america banging sexy white women

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    i dont think the chan school should be understood through another buddhist tradition, much less through external paths, otherwise that changes everything.

if one is interested in understanding chan, chan masters dont make exceptions or compromise.
    If one accepts this view they must discard expedient means, and this is not the teaching of Hui-neng and others.

If you read my excerpt from the Tun-huang texts which are the oldest known Ch'an texts, everything is acceptable as Dharma!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I can think of many paths that don't go anywhere near the bodhisattva.
    It isn't what you do, it is that attitude or frame of mind one has when one does it.

The point is not to make distinctions. As the Tun_huang text said,

Question: “What is ‘seeing the Buddhas?’” Answer: “To see no characteristics of greed in greed is to see the greed dharma. To see no characteristics of suffering in suffering is the suffering dharma. To see no characteristics of dream in dream is the dream dharma. This is called ‘in every locus seeing the Buddhas.’ If you see characteristics then in every locus you will see demons.”

This is not saying one should be greedy etc, but that by seeing greed as GREED one sees on top of seeing as Master Yuan put it!

Dharma Master Chih saw Dharma Master Yuan on the street of butchers and asked: “Do you see the butchers slaughtering the sheep?” Dharma Master Yuan said: “My eyes are not blind. How could I not see them?” Dharma Master Chih said: “Master Yuan, you are saying you see it!” Master Yuan said: “You’re seeing on top of seeing it!”

It is about having the experiences of the world, but not being of those experiences! It isn't what we do, it is attachment/clinging that binds us to the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    all paths are Dharma paths to the bodhisattva!
    Tun-huang texts, Record I:

Question: “What is bodhisattva practice?” Answer: “It is not the practice of the worthies and sages. It is not the practice of the common man. It is the practice of the bodhisattva. If one is training to be a bodhisattva, one neither seizes worldly dharmas nor rejects worldly dharmas.

“Where is the essence of the Dharma Realm?” Answer: “Every locus is the locus of the Dharma Realm.”

No wonder people dis Shaolin for inauthenticity. It's not the wuseng. It's the defensive followers.
    i agree wit u 100%

i dont know why people have to twist and distort chinese culture to suit their own western lifestyle and mindset. theres lots of other exotic religions out there

instead of trying to make ancient cultures submit to your superiority why not respect it

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i agree wit u 100%

i dont know why people have to twist and distort chinese culture to suit their own western lifestyle and mindset. theres lots of other exotic religions out there

instead of trying to make ancient cultures submit to your superiority why not respect it
    You mean like how the Chinese respected Buddhism by modifying it into Ch'an?

you mean ancient cultures like ummmm... tibet? how about the practice of falun gong? wow.
    yet a bodhisattva can walk on all paths.

Well you got me there. I don't eat dog anymore.
    too bad... i have three royal pekingese that i am sure are the reincarnations of some ancient and arrogant emperors...
    No wonder people dis Shaolin for inauthenticity. It's not the wuseng. It's the defensive followers.
    no... it's the tourist brochures.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    i am sure the dali lama has a few words to say about respecting peoples beliefs...

yes
    noe one is forced to be a monk. if ur a monk and u dont separate from worldly life whats the point. tha defeates the purpose of being a monk
    next thing u know u will be saying its ok for monks to sodomize each other
    Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i have sexual relations with my sister
    wow nice
    Last edited by bawang; 11-06-2009 at 11:25 PM.

hi guy!

bawang... are you like an effing kid or something?? LOL... sneaky time on mommy computer to write funny tings for people to read wit eyes.

LOL wow.

my heads hurts when i read ur post

that's because you're weak.

yes
    noe one is forced to be a monk. if ur a monk and u dont separate from worldly life whats the point. tha defeates the purpose of being a monk
    next thing u know u will be saying its ok for monks to sodomize each other

wow nice
    I didn't know you were chosen to be the final word on what makes a monk a monk! Maybe you should apply for the job of Master of the Universe!

I don't care what adults do in privacy, but next time please keep your little diversions to yourself!

What you and your monk friends do to entertain yourselves is between you and them, I'm not going to "see on top of seeing!"

Your head hurts a lot then!

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    that's because you're weak.
    Maybe he should abstain from judging others who do not live up to his arbitrary expectations!

Your head hurts a lot then!
    he must enjoy the pleasure of the pain they bring...
    Maybe he should abstain from judging others who do not live up to his arbitrary expectations!
    i wasn't aware that he had any expectations aside from talking with well placed hock-choppy words... he seem like silly dishwasher who watch too many local gang members be too cool with money, guns, and girl.

*strokes beard*

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Dude, MMA fans are, typically, a bunch of idiots with the combined IQ of a turnip.
    Just like any other rabid sport fan that is living out their faded dreams of "uber awesomeness" through the accomplishments of others.
    Just like TMA guys nutriding the accomplishments of some ancient MA that died 200 years ago.
    You silver tongued devil you
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I have a great big tissue with your name on it.

Yeah, because all the Kung Fu stylists winning in combat sports today is astounding

Dude, you don't like MMA. I don't care. I do like traditional Kung Fu and believe there are many useful tools in CMA, but believe in cross training in other areas where Kung Fu is weak. You can call that MMA, cross training, ragin in the cage, or whatever other generic label you can use to diminish this training method. But the true irony is trying to have a conversation with an idiot like yourself who can't take their blinders off and see another point of view, then likes to accuse others of spouting garbage and putting another art down. Oh, the irony.
    I respect any human being that pursues a path towards cultivating martial art skills no matter what brand name you'd care to apply. My impetus for any past negative statements about MMA have nothing to do with it's practitioners, methodology or intent. Instead it rises from proclaimed disciples of it coming on to a discussion forum about CMA babbling about the superior nature of their practice.

You'd never catch me on an MMA forum talking trash about MMA.
    I mean, I'd look kindda stoopid wouldn't I?

No instead I say more power to MMA, go go go, yay yay yay!

With that said:

Kung Fu = time +practice +patience coupled with hard work.

You get out of it what you put into it?

Any supposed weakness would rest in one's opinion of a target individual and not the concept of dedicated self cultivation focused on the higher standard.

Peace
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 11-07-2009 at 06:45 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up