Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: talking about hypocracy in kung fu: shaolin monks in america banging sexy white women

i dont know if u like to make monies
    but i know many people in china go to wushu schools to try to be movies stars or bodyguards

i just dont get if you cant fight, modern wushu looks better for performance, and u arent buddhist, whats the point
    Last edited by bawang; 11-04-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    martial art should not teach you self control, discipline, manners, and above all morals. This is the job of parenting.
    this is something i partially agree with. however, this is not always the case. i personally did not get my morals or my ethical code from my parents. if that were the case i would be in prison right now. these i developed on my own, through observation of reality and common sense and a general understanding of what is 'right and wrong'.

however, neither did i get them from martial arts, i was developed mentally and spiritually before i began my studies.

for some kids, i can see having a positive role model coming from your martial arts teacher, school teacher, gym teacher, baseball coach, etc.. someone to look up to. there are a lot of kids coming from broken homes, or from abusive homes who may not have a positive reinforcement in their lives.

we dont all fit the same cookie cutter mold.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    this is something i partially agree with. however, this is not always the case. i personally did not get my morals or my ethical code from my parents. if that were the case i would be in prison right now. these i developed on my own, through observation of reality and common sense and a general understanding of what is 'right and wrong'.

however, neither did i get them from martial arts, i was developed mentally and spiritually before i began my studies.

for some kids, i can see having a positive role model coming from your martial arts teacher, school teacher, gym teacher, baseball coach, etc.. someone to look up to. there are a lot of kids coming from broken homes, or from abusive homes who may not have a positive reinforcement in their lives.

we dont all fit the same cookie cutter mold.
    Perhaps what I should have said is ideally we get our morals from our parents. I was fortunate enough to have that, others, like yourself, unfortunately were not. My biggest gripe is with people using the martial arts as a catalyst to purport something they believe which may not be what others believe or why they chose to learn martial arts. Not all of us want to learn Kung Fu to be a harmonious being who walks the earth trying to make the wrong things rights. Many of us like the combat and athletic aspect of it. I agree that martial arts can certainly play a positive role in someone's life, it did with mine. I just don't believe it can take the place of good parenting and good socialization.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Perhaps what I should have said is ideally we get our morals from our parents. I was fortunate enough to have that, others, like yourself, unfortunately were not. My biggest gripe is with people using the martial arts as a catalyst to purport something they believe which may not be what others believe or why they chose to learn martial arts. Not all of us want to learn Kung Fu to be a harmonious being who walks the earth trying to make the wrong things rights. Many of us like the combat and athletic aspect of it. I agree that martial arts can certainly play a positive role in someone's life, it did with mine. I just don't believe it can take the place of good parenting and good socialization.
    i agree completely with that statement. i think its absurd to use the moral or ethical standpoint of martial arts to try and sell a product. its a wonderful by product of being in a healthy environment, which not all ma gyms are going to be either. also, most kids are in a public school somewhere, which have councellors and other outlets that can be a better approach to develop a positive environment.

of course we generally see this mostly in the 'mcdojo realm'.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

if you like the combat side of kung fu youre still going to fight like kickboxing 99% of the tiem. modern mixed martial arts is 100 times better
    im just saying in the general state of kung fu, most people cant fight, but they dont learn good morals either. theyre just learning to dance very badly so whats the point. i just dont get it
    i was just disappointed because i know we r all human but i thought maybe shaolin monks would be different. i just think its dishonest for shaolin monks to advertise themself as mystical holy man
    Last edited by bawang; 11-04-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

This thread was about shaolin monks chi blasting white women, where did all this kung fu crap talk come from
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Many people have their own opinion on what real Kung Fu is, and most of the time, it is hard to make them change that opinion. I recently had a conversation with a Kung Fu practioner and talked to him about San Shou. He made the comment to me that San Shou was not real Kung Fu.

I asked him to elaborate on why it was not real Kung Fu, and he replied that competitors wear boxing gloves, head gear, and shin guards. In his opinion, this took away from the true nature of Kung Fu being a deadly fighting art. I told him that the great thing about San Shou and other combat sports was that you can fight a fully resistant opponent with protective gear and see how your skills match with another equally trained opponent.

His response, "All that will do is give you bad habits in a real fight, since you wear all that protective gear and stuff".

But he was quick to say that Kung Fu taught things like honor, discipline, and morals. To which he added, "None of which can be found in combat sports".

I look at many so called traditional Kung Fu practioners like this guy the same way I do religious fanatics. They are imbeciles who follow a dogma of thought by men who did not even know the earth was round. Are these really the best people to form a core set of beliefs from.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

In keeping with the thread, here is my contribution to hot women, in Kung Fu, or martial arts, or jiu jitsu, or, ahh Fu**ck it:

http://uminomukougawa-br.up.seesaa.n...0GRACIE202.jpg

She is my dream grappling partner

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hey geneching

ur bald

lol

i think a lot of people in china join shaolin to make money and is focused on money only
    not all buddhist monks are celibate. usually, it's the old men who can't get their johnson fired up anyway, so why not burn the dots into the head? lol

are you implying that a good buddhist doesn't partake in the pleasure of life?

I can safely say, that that perspective is entirely wrong, ergo my comment about the fantasy novels.

There is nothing unrighteous about banging a sweety. lol
    There is nothing unrighteous about being drunk.

Old saying time: "It's not what goes in a man that defiles him, it's what comes out"

Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    not all buddhist monks are celibate. usually, it's the old men who can't get their johnson fired up anyway, so why not burn the dots into the head? lol
    LMMFAO!!

carry on.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Perhaps what I should have said is ideally we get our morals from our parents.
    har har mate - you can be sure my children will be a chip off the ole block here.

Not that far fetched!
    The shaolin monks are practicing kungfu (perfection) in the bedroom! That is a good thing!

Shaolin monks are beholden to certain restrictions

Don't think otherwise. If you're going to be a Shaolin monk, you should behave like one. All Shaolin monks are supposed to be celibate. There's ambiguity on meat eating and liquor drinking, due to that old Li Shinmin myth, but that's only with the wuseng. Fully indoctrinated Buddhist monks, and this includes the Shaolin wenseng, are supposed to be vegetarian and sober. The wuseng verses wenseng thing is complicated, even more so with most of us since, being martial artists, we tend to only associate with the wuseng. Some of the wuseng have taken up vegetarianism and given up liquor just because their Buddhist practice has deepened. If you're going to claim to be Buddhist, Shaolin or otherwise, vegetarianism and abstinence are typically part of your taking refuge vows.

We put the monks up on a pedestal and there are those who fall from the faith, just like any other faith. Sexy white women, or women of any color (why white bawang?), can be the daughters of Mara. But just because a few fall, we can't toss out the whole lot of them. We'd have to junk all religions if that were the case. Those that maintain their monk status should maintain a certain decorum.

There are also those that leave, like Lipeng or my current teacher Yan Fei, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's the honorable thing to do. All Buddhist monks, Shaolin or otherwise, have an option to 'disrobe' and return to the common world. More Shaolin wuseng should observe this.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

1 - Bawang, almost all you've posted is all convaluted information that you could have found the actual facts with just a big of effort.

2 - How are performance artists all of a sudden now Monks?
    If someone doesn't take vows then they are not ordained and aren't Monks.
    They are free to do what adults do: eat drink and have s e x.

3. li zhicheng was far from a hero, he was most hated by the general populace that he and his army of thieves had raped and ransacked.
    And, get your history straight if you are going to use it as an example.
    Li set up camp across the mountain from Shaolin temple and spend months watching them and learning their daily rituals. When he was sure that they would be in a ceremonial mass and prostrate in prayer, he has amassed an armored cadre of armed troops of horse - who were far from farmers but mercenaries - and the monks were caught unwares and were massacred indoors. 250 men rode in on horse back while the monks were lying on the ground in prayer, there was barely enough room to react at all.
    The lookout guards were diverted earlier to another area.
    Last edited by Sal Canzonieri; 11-04-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Nothing is sacred anymore.
    The emperor spoke of all the money he had donated to Buddhist temples and of all the statues he had erected in the name of Buddha. He asked Damo what good merit he, the emperor, had earned through his generosity. Damo replied; "no merit".

This surprised the emperor but they continued talking. Eventually, the emperor asked if there was Buddha in this world. Damo replied; "no". Startled, the Emperor asked Damo the supreme truth of the Dharma. "Vast emptiness; nothing holy," he replied. Finally, the Emperor asked; "Who are you?" "I know not," said Damo.