Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Cung Le telling us, what we want to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    :

Have you actually read this **** thread? i said he would have trouble with guys who are good on the ground, thats it, Nothing was said about him being bad in the clinch or stand up areas......

and who said frank would win, he has had bad knees for ever jesus
    Calm down, man, I was speaking about people in general, not about you or anyone specifically. It just seems to me no one ever gives Cung credit for his wins and constantly make excuses for why he wins. I don't understand what the hate is about.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Calm down, man, I was speaking about people in general, not about you or anyone specifically. It just seems to me no one ever gives Cung credit for his wins and constantly make excuses for why he wins. I don't understand what the hate is about.

Sorry
    in all honestly I don't think there is hate from the MMA guys (maybe they get a little upset with him being used as the poster boy for traditional arts when he is a wrestler, TKD and sanshou guy at heart but that’s another story)

Some people might be upset that he maybe has not fulfilled his potential in MMA by not fighting some of the very best, but personally I don't agree, he had a very long career in contact sports and took a break to do films nothing wrong with that

There are two types of pro fighters, those that pick their fights to extent their career as long as possible and those that fight anyone.
    Cung is a smart cookie.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ush!!!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I've experienced Cung's stand up wrestling personally, it is very good

I am also told he has a good scramble and the makings of a decent "ground and pound game"

His obvious weakness is being on the bottom....

Shields is a single minded takedown and control machine with both excellent wrestling and BJJ skills. His one obvious weakness appears to be he is afraid to get hit. If he was blinking at Mahem Miller, he could very well take a nap against Cung.. still Shields presents the biggest danger to Cung (and I would bet Cung knows this)

Diaz? meh, he doesn't have great wrestling and he is willing to stand and trade. Too much ego. I could easily see him thinking he boxing is "so good" and trying to stand with Cung. That would be a mistake
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

correct me if i am wrong but shields fought miller in that recent fight didnt he? and isnt miller known for being more of a stand up guy and jake still couldnt finish him on the ground i remember seeinga ton of submission attempts that went no where in that fight. i even remember miller having him choked but the bell saved shields

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    he doesnt know what to do he has a wrestling base a blue belt in bjj and a good clinch game from sanshou
    Im curious to know if he has continued his BJJ training during this time away from fighting. I understand he hasn't been training hardcore, and that movie schedules are very demanding, but obviously he has done SOME training during this time, to keep in shape, and was in the corner of Anthony Johnson in his last fight, which to me would mean he had still been working with him, even if it wasn't for a long time.

Just curious at how his bjj is progressing. I think I posed this question a while back to Gene, but I don't know if Gene had a chance to speak about it with Cung yet.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but shields fought miller in that recent fight didnt he? and isnt miller known for being more of a stand up guy and jake still couldnt finish him on the ground i remember seeinga ton of submission attempts that went no where in that fight. i even remember miller having him choked but the bell saved shields

Miller is a very well rounded fighter who’s ground game is very underestimated, people prefer watching him stand and trade and he gives the crowd what they want, one of the reasons shields is not in the UFC is he prefers a methodical (almost boring) control game from top, notice when he stopped going for subs and just rode miller the match changed a lot