hi im a soldier who was recently stationed in korea for two years there i practiced plum blossom mantis kung fu, i studied for about 2-3 hours a day for about 6 days a week and i learned 8 unarmed forms and 5 weapons forms, one day a week i would devote to iron palm and other conditioning training. now i find myself at ft hood tx with no teacher and am forced to train myself, with no martial arts background before i started kung fu. i dont really know what to do as when i was with my teacher in korea i was always learning somthing new, now i just practice my forms, basics, and iron palm alone; my teacher would always tell me that just being good at forms dosent make you a good fighter, but i dont know what else to do. should i find another chinese martial arts teacher even though im not very good at what i know now? how many forms is too many forms or too little forms? some people say they know a hundred forms and others are good fighters that only know a few. im kind of stuck not knowing what to do just practicing forms has gotten a little easy so ive started wearing my issued body armor which weighs about 30 lbs, i hear some forms of kung fu wear wieghts like that, but im afraid that could cause damage to my knees. anyway ive already asked a dozen questions so ill end this.

any help would be much appreciated.