Thread: Recommendation for Private Training

Talking Recommendation for Private Training

I just got home from a 3 week trip out to Sifu Gary Lam's place. This was my fourth trip out there in the last 2 years. This has been exactly what I have been looking for in Wing Chun since 1999 when I started. I would recommend any serious wing chun person to check out Sifu Lam and his skills and teaching ability. He has answered all of my questions and does not hide under a shroud of secrecy. I have enjoyed learning his system as it is easy to learn and teach. My skills have improved several times over in the last 2 years. Thanks Sifu!

I have heard good things about him. I was told that he was tough for real (he looks it in his videos) and that he teaches functionality using a no nonsense approach.

Unfortunately, I am kind of too far from anywhere that he might be teaching or doing special courses.

HW108

Yes, Sifu Lam seems like a good guy and has good videos.

The idea of private training for people interested in learning Ving Tsun but are far away from quality instruction should consider finding a partner or creating a group on their own locally. Then, as you do things like this - going to seminars or take trips to get periodic training - you can come back and train together. Ving Tsun must be trained with at least one partner. And you might not want to be a "Sifu" or open a school, but it is a good idea to try to share and teach others as it re-enforces your own learning.

Good luck with your kung fu!
    Moy Yat Kung Fu - Martial Intelligence

yeah, I've got a few guys I train with regularly, we are all about the same as far as skills are concerned, so I get regular teaching in and benefit from having people who can pressure me too. I will probably start training people full time within the next year or two. It would be very difficult to do without training partners.