Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UFC's Dan Hardy - Shaolin Temple trained!

Part Reptile: UFC, MMA and Me by Dan Hardy

Congrats to Dan on his upcoming autobiography! I haven't heard from him in some time and I'm glad to know he's still at it. He does have an interesting story.

Part Reptile: UFC, MMA and Me
    by Dan Hardy

For fans of Ronda Rousey's My Fight Your Fight and John Kavanagh's Win or Learn comes the first book from UFC fighter and now analyst Dan Hardy, who lifts the lid on his own career and writes with insight and eloquence on all things MMA and UFC, the brutal and ever-evolving sport that launched such superstars as Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre, Nate Diaz and Amanda Nunes.

Dan Hardy's first book is much more than a straightforward MMA autobiography. Taking the key fights from his career, Hardy explores the sport with the unparalleled insight that has made him the best analyst working today.

From training in China with Shaolin monks, to how MMA helped him channel his rage, to psychedelics and the ceremony in Peru that changed his life, to tapping into his 'reptilian brain' and the psychological warfare of UFC, to his epic title fight with Georges St-Pierre.

Hardy also speaks eloquently of the heart condition that forced him to stop fighting, the road to recovery, and the evolution of a sport that flies in the face of mainstream disapproval to entertain and thrill millions of obsessives around the globe.

Pre-order Price: $9.99
    Sold by: Hachette Book Group
    Price set by seller.
    This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on March 23, 2017.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

BBC podcast

Follow the link to a trailer and the full podcast interview.

UFC trailblazer trained with Shaolin Monks

UFC trailblazer Dan Hardy discusses travelling to China when he was 19 to train with Shaolin Monks.

Hardy said: “It took me four flights to get there and then like a three or four hour drive out into the mountains and it was in this old castle on the side of a hill.

The Englishman was the first British fighter to challenge for a UFC title against Georges St-Pierre in March 2010.

Hardy said: “There was no scientific approach to it at all, it was holding stances for long periods of time, carrying rocks and conditioning your hands in buckets of sand,

"We would be kicking each other and kicking trees and it was the most raw and basic training form of training that I’d ever done."

Georges St-Pierre will soon fight Michael Bisping for the the UFC middleweight belt, Hardy hasn't fought since 2012.

This clip was first broadcast on 'At Home....with Colin Murray', Friday 28 April 2017.

Release date: 28 April 2017
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart