Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Explaining Qi/energy

But if you really physically practice Nei Gong / Qi Gong and also study what great people who spent a lifetime working with such things actually said throughout history, Qi is a result of a process. Qi is not a substance like say water whose flow is controlled. It's not like breath flying through your body. Qi is more like a weak electro-magnetic field, the result of your body's functioning in an optimum way.
    This still is your own speculation isnt it?

And that's the kicker, the "functioning optimally" is where the 'gong' - the work or exercises comes in; work that is done to augment this energy field through improving the whole body-mind being.

That again is lots of reasoning which trap oneself.

Does this make sense?
    Listen to Caroline and find out if these reasoning/explaining model function at all?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQL_9OS0uo

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    could you please describe how gi works?
    go take a walk in the woods, feel the wind on your face, the softness of the earth beneath your feet... stop and throw a few pebbles into a still pond - watch the ripples.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    go take a walk in the woods, feel the wind on your face, the softness of the earth beneath your feet... stop and throw a few pebbles into a still pond - watch the ripples.

This is the standard type of New age BS which mislead people.

This is the standard type of New age BS which mislead people.
    and you asking questions about something as undefinable as chi is BS... the answer to your question of how qi works is simply to watch and observe nature and all it's 10,000 manifestations - no amount of money being paid to some yahoo with an acrylic belt will teach you better than observing nature. you're the mis-direction - fancy words used to explain simple things.

guys, haven't you figured it out yet?

Hendrick is the only one here who has any true understanding of qi, he is the only one not speculating, the rest of us are all wrong; if you quote / reference the classics, you are stuck in books; if you speak from direct experience, you are New Age BS;

only Hendrick knows the truth; and here is the proof of his attainment (scroll down to second video):
    http://web.mit.edu/qigong/global.htm

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    only Hendrick knows the truth.
    LMAO!!! BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! hoooooo hooo ha... haa... he... ho-ha.

only Hendrick knows the truth; and here is the proof of his attainment (scroll down to second video):
    http://web.mit.edu/qigong/global.htm
    Nice.

Hendrik - is your swaying intentional or not?

Do you have any form of scoliosis? If not, why are your shoulders not level and even? Is it part of your practice to hold one arm lower than the other?

If your swaying is not intentional and you have a form of scoliosis, then I wish you all the best in your health practice. If your swaying IS intentional and your arms are exactly where they should be, would you be able to explain why?
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Nice.

Do you have any form of scoliosis? If not, why are your shoulders not level and even? Is it part of your practice to hold one arm lower than the other?

If your swaying is not intentional and you have a form of scoliosis, then I wish you all the best in your health practice. If your swaying IS intentional and your arms are exactly where they should be, would you be able to explain why?
    exactly;

I'd also be curious why his head is obviously forward / flexed, and why his shoulders are rolled forwards (notice his hands are in front of his body, not at the sides, which indicates internal rotation at glenohumeral / thoracic flexion) and he is basically collapsed into his structure, there is no upward "thrust" to balance the root; his eyes are also "dead", IMPO

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    LMAO!!! BWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! hoooooo hooo ha... haa... he... ho-ha.
    well, it's obvious that YOU don't

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Nice.

I thought Hendrik knew his stuff. Heck, I look like that every morning until I have my second cup of coffee. He is still asleep.

LCP

Sorry I bring up the fear in you all to cause you to attack me.

oh, come on, Hendrik don't be like that .

if you knew anything about human nature, you have to admit you brought it upon yourself.

instead of telling everyone we're wrong or have been mislead, share your viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    oh, come on, Hendrik don't be like that .

if you knew anything about human nature, you have to admit you brought it upon yourself.

instead of telling everyone we're wrong or have been mislead, share your viewpoints.

Didnt they attack me before anything? hahaha
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-28-2009 at 09:59 PM.

exactly;

I'd also be curious why his head is obviously forward / flexed, and why his shoulders are rolled forwards (notice his hands are in front of his body, not at the sides, which indicates internal rotation at glenohumeral / thoracic flexion) and he is basically collapsed into his structure, there is no upward "thrust" to balance the root; his eyes are also "dead", IMPO

Talk is cheap, show your most perfect video clip. hahaha
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.

like taai and xiao3 pointed out earlier from your posture - you are spineless and this here apology is the final nail in your coffin.
    Talk is cheap
    yet sometimes the price we pay for our words can be very VERY high.
    well, it's obvious that YOU don't.
    shhhh... don't tell everyone...