Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Explaining Qi/energy

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Yes, chi exists. Most do not actually say it don't exist. But it is not what some bill it to be. It is nothing more than your own life force. The energy that fuels your own body, and it can not be projected into another person or object. It is not a force or mysterious power a person has. It is just something that the body produces from food and oxygen to fuel the body and give it life. Like the gasoline that fuels your car, provided it is not a diesel. Stretching exercises will do great wonders for your body. You can stand like a statue and you will do nothing toward aiding the body or chi. You can open the muscles and joints up to blood and nutrient flow, which aids in healing and rebuilding.

LCP
    Agreed.

This article seems to support this:
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/bl...bio-2009-11-29

the underlying principle is that all things are nothing more than energy vibrating at different frequencies and speeds... there are many variables and factors. if everything is energy, even your body, naturally one should be able to replenish and rejuvenate this energy... people take for granted the simple fact that all is nothing more than a collection of atoms, which in themselves contain all the power of the universe. in essence we should be able to rebuild indefinately, yet something in our genetic structure is not upto par, DNA coding is shut off or non existent... qigong practices and their ilk are exercises that are taught to rebuild health, restore energy, enlighten our minds... did anyone ever stop to ponder where this description of qigong and energy work came from??? perhaps the fact that our consciously controlled breathing, proper nutritional intake, light from the stars and sun, and a proper mindset can actually cause our DNA and genetic structure to mutate and evole?? why do think mankind was so hellbent on decoding the human genome?? DNA is the book of life... obviously there is more to it than readily meets the eye, yet much like all life, we grow because of the light and energy of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    exactly;

I'd also be curious why his head is obviously forward / flexed, and why his shoulders are rolled forwards (notice his hands are in front of his body, not at the sides, which indicates internal rotation at glenohumeral / thoracic flexion) and he is basically collapsed into his structure, there is no upward "thrust" to balance the root; his eyes are also "dead", IMPO

blind but with lots of self righteousness. Totally missed the point.

Go a head read more books and follow more New Age sifus. hahaha.

We can't really say much without Hendrik giving any specifics as to why he may be expressing what he is on video. Maybe he's working on stretching specific meridians. Maybe he's had lots of injuries and imbalanced muscle usage, and this is the level to which he's rehabilitated himself. Maybe he fell asleep. Maybe he's drinking Kool Aid.

What I see, though, is very similar to what I've seen other people do - namely, interpret the "Hollow the Chest, Fill the Back"/"Soften the Chest, Expand the Back" literally. His upper back exhibits a roundness which, accompanied by the inwardly rotated shoulders, seems to indicate this.

You are making good sense.

perhaps I am working on my Du Mai and ren mai? 头正项直,百会朝天?

or

http://www.chinaqigong.net/mltyqg/yqg/zg/gf/index.htm

click the top left 自然桩, and take a look at the 自然桩 photo.

any one would like to translate the chinese to english?

At any rate, I see his mind is NOT on maintaining a lively uprightness and centredness. He seems to be doing some kind of extreme reduction of conscious control without having fully prepared the body ahead of time.

There are lots more then uprightness, centredness.......control.....ect.

it is a matter of what one intended to do.... The body is prepared otherwise I would not be able to "float" , and sure dont expect me to be perfectly balance yet since I am no Buddha.

Hendrik, if you're actually sleeping in that video, Kudos for not falling over. Falling asleep standing up is not my goal, though; I practice standing as much for my body as for my mind. "A lively energy holds up the crown."

Perhaps the spine is " floating/ " naturally ? contradict to all those collapse into structure.... robotic /dead books reading ideas and non sense fault finding good opinions.

it is about let go let God 无声无息还我自然躯 instead of doing something isnt it?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-30-2009 at 11:25 AM.

i think hendrik is beginning to lose grasp with the reality of the most basic fundamentual skills of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    blind but with lots of self righteousness.
    oh, the irony, the sweet irony of you of all people making that statement;
    you really have moved beyond the realm of pompous into that of pure asz-hattedness

Go a head read more books and follow more New Age sifus. hahaha.
    LOL, you should investigate my lineage a little more thoroughly before making ridiculous statements (hint: Complete Reality School, Dragon Gate Sect ≠ New Age)

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i think hendrik is beginning to lose grasp with the reality of the most basic fundamentual skills of communication.

Or you dont have a clue but keep fantasy on what is the real practice of Qigong?

Or you dont have a clue but keep fantasy on what is the real practice of Qigong?
    qigong is a raft... it serves one purpose, ok maybe two, but thats it.

mind is the path... all is energy.

oh, the irony, the sweet irony of you of all people making that statement;
    you really have moved beyond the realm of pompous into that of pure asz-hattedness

LOL, you should investigate my lineage a little more thoroughly before making ridiculous statements (hint: Complete Reality School, Dragon Gate Sect ≠ New Age)

Show me you your internal cultivation and act consistence with 道德通玄静 真常守太清.

perhaps I am working on my Du Mai and ren mai? 头正项直,百会朝天?
    or
    http://www.chinaqigong.net/mltyqg/yqg/zg/gf/index.htm
    click the top left 自然桩, and take a look at the 自然桩 photo.
    all I see is that you have very adeptly acquired that individual's (perhaps your teacher, I don't know) pathological posturing - indeed, perusing through the various techniques in other sections of the website, he demonstrates multiple areas of restriction and imbalance in pretty much everything he demonstrates;

this says it all: http://www.chinaqigong.net/mltyqg/yqg/zg/gf/index.htm and click on #8

or here, the form of "Crippled Old Man Fu": http://www.chinaqigong.net/mltyqg/yqg/tjg/gf/index.htm

if this is your model of integrated health, then you are really beyond any help in your delusion;
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 11-30-2009 at 12:01 PM.

qigong is a raft... It serves one purpose, ok maybe two, but thats it. :d

mind is the path... All is energy.

bull$hit! hahaha

that would imply that he actually had them to begin with...

so does posting chinese characters somehow improve your credibility???

all I see is that you have very adeptly acquired that individual's (perhaps your teacher, I don't know) pathological posturing - indeed, perusing through the various techniques in other sections of the website,

he demonstrates multiple areas of restriction and imbalance in pretty much everything he demonstrates;

if this is your model of integrated health, then you are really beyond any help in your delusion;

hahaha,

Sure sure, keep fantasying. hahahaha

you obviously clueless and have no practice.

so does posting chinese characters somehow improve your credibility???
    of course it does, don't you know that?