Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TWCNYC clips

TWCNYC clips

Here's some of the training we do at 64 E. 4th St. 4th Fl. NYC on Saturdays from 3:30 to 5:30pm. (cheap plug, eh??)
    Lop sao drills
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I know those banners ! I've had those for years, a student of mine went to HK and had them made translates into ...Ving Tsun, Gee Hong or "The Best VT" or "Vt is the best" or VT the Hero....

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I know those banners ! I've had those for years, a student of mine went to HK and had them made translates into ...Ving Tsun, Gee Hong or "The Best VT" or "Vt is the best" or VT the Hero....
    Thanks for the translation of the 1st two characters.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

You're right, Phil, cheap plug.

Whaaa? (You say)

Ummm, well, I forgot to mention that 1993 just called and he wants his drills back.

Oh, and btw, late 2009 is on the phone as we speak and he says you should 86 the drills for awhile and show the folks some vids of those "full contact tournaments that we've been winning."

And then maybe you won't be open to the kinds of posts you're getting here on this thread.

Maybe.

Honestly, Phil, that's what he said !!!
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 11-21-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks for the support Vic. You can see some of the clips of the recent Spanish Harlem fights on Rahsun's youtube page. We had three fighters enter and got one gold and two silver medals. It was their first fights so there are lots of things they need to work on. There will be lots more since I've hooked up with the instructors at the Harlem school. Others are welcome to participate. Also, there are some Lei Tai fights on my website and I have more of Sifu Mazza's students and Sifu Shannon Moore's student's fights. We are looking for more WC people who want to compete. Just shoot me an email.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

"You can see some of the clips of the recent Spanish Harlem fights on Rahsun's youtube page." (Phil)

***YOU mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9-KSC1fPQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    "You can see some of the clips of the recent Spanish Harlem fights on Rahsun's youtube page." (Phil)

***YOU mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9-KSC1fPQ
    Yes, that is one of the fights.
    And an older one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aue6bIplPwI
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 11-22-2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

. . .Ummm, well, I forgot to mention that 1993 just called and he wants his drills back.
    Those drills are older than both of us.

Oh, and btw, late 2009 is on the phone as we speak and he says you should 86 the drills for awhile and show the folks some vids of those "full contact tournaments that we've been winning." . . . .
    I'll never abandon drilling basics.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Those drills are older than both of us.

I'll never abandon drilling basics.
    I don't know Phil, you're pretty old and so is Vic

Basics is the key to a good foundation and also is what wins most fights!!!
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Ah, I remember those drills from my days in TWC. I like bong sao lop sao, its a decent enough drill.

Ah, yeah, drilling the basics is always important. I and my studnets do SLT and several of the most important TWC "drills" virtually every class. But that was not my point.

The point was that showing the fights (ie.- the results of drilling the basics, amoungst other things)....is infinitely more interesting and informative to the readers/viewers on a forum like this than simply posting vids of drills and classroom whiteboard material.

And so I thought it might be a good idea to point toward the matches rather than the drills; and speaking of the drills once again: Great stuff, been doing them for years, including all the "secret" ones (cough, cough)...

but if you watch the fight(s) posted you see much more than what's covered in the drills - because the drills are partial and the matches are much closer to all out fighting.

And you also see what the limitations of what's covered within the drills might be - and are.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 11-23-2009 at 08:02 AM.

....The point was that showing the fights (ie.- the results of drilling the basics, amoungst other things)....is infinitely more interesting and informative to the readers/viewers on a forum like this than simply posting vids of drills and classroom whiteboard material....
    Not sure you can speak for all the readers/viewers here..
    While I would agree, seeing clips of WC in 'action' or fighting is great (and I wish there were more of them on the net), seeing how others train is also pretty interesting to me (just as much so). And, I would guess I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm happy to see Phil's clips, regardless what they show!

Curious Vic, and I mean no slight, but what do you call your vids of your defense against boxers' hooks, or your chi sau clips? I hope that's not what you'd call showing the 'results' or fights?

So if I didn't put my two cents in here on this thread we would have seen little more than Phil with a felt pen and a whiteboard and Rahsun demoing against some punches followed by a spinning backfist.

And now you get that AND some actual full contact matches to watch. You should thank me, JP....

Or perhaps you're enamoured by the TWC drill vids because you're ready to finally come over to the DARK SIDE ???!!!

(TWC).....
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 11-23-2009 at 10:07 PM.

So if I didn't put my two cents in here on this thread we would seen little more than Phil with a felt pen and a whiteboard and Rahsun demoing against some punches followed by a spinning backfist.

And now you get that AND some actual full contact matches to watch. You should thank me, JP....

Or perhaps you're enamoured by the TWC drill vids because you're ready to finally come over to the DARK SIDE ???!!!

(TWC).....
    ha, WC is about fighting - it's all the dark side

Ok, the drills I show are not made to impress people. Demos are one thing but stopping random full power attacks are something different. I post these clips for people who are willing to explore WC options outside their respective lineages in order to prevail. Through the last 39 years of doing WC I've learned that "usually" the fighters will experiment regardless of style but the non-fighters will make comments based on no full contact experience.
    I'm not saying that what I do is better than what others do but I refuse to post a clip of a WC tech that can't be applied or that I can't apply against someone bent on wrecking you. I watch other WC people online and see good stuff outside "my" lineage and I can learn from that. There are some really **** good WC people out there. So for those opened minded WC people and others I'm at 64 E. 4th St on Saturdays. I don't care if you want to come by to talk and exchange or if you want attempt to knock my head off. ****, it's just a head. Ya see at my age I can say “..well I used to be able to stop that..”
    But if I can stop it then we should discuss how I was able to.
    So PLEASE feel free to stop by to “exchange” spar, chi sao, or whatever. I’ll never get better without training with better people. I know of a few venues in NY/NJ where you can test your WC full contact. So again, feel free to contact me.
    I did this really fast so excuse any typpppooooooosssss…..lol
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 11-27-2009 at 12:12 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr