Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: hung mun hand signals

I don't think bowing to General Kwan goes against religion (I am Catholic albeit not much of a church goer, did the whole bit as a child). Bowing to General Kwan or my Sifu's picture is just a sign of respect not worship. I think people confuse the two way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I don't think bowing to General Kwan goes against religion (I am Catholic albeit not much of a church goer, did the whole bit as a child). Bowing to General Kwan or my Sifu's picture is just a sign of respect not worship. I think people confuse the two way too much.
    Dude, I would SO go to your school if I lived in FLA.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I was brought up as an Anglican although not practicing now & have the same attitude in regards to General Kwan. Even the Muslim members of the school I trained with took the same view as they were paying respect & not praying to him.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, Buddha was a real person who basically taught people how to be free of habitual psychological patterns that caused them to do things that brought about suffering; he was basically the Dr. Phil of his day; so what's not to believe there? as for all the quasi-religious trappings of Buddhism, that all came later - the Buddha himself never prescribed any such behavior on the part of anyone who he taught; so one can appreciate and even follow the teachings of Buddha and never once touch on any sort of theistic practice at all

as for Eastern deities, that's fine not to believe (I don't), but one might question the inherent logic of choosing to believe in one deity as opposed to another; once the gates of belief are open, if one has chosen to include a given deity (Yaweh, Allah, Marduk, etc.), then who's to say that their particular belief is the correct one, as opposed to any other? in fact, other than the fact that typically people follow whatever faith they happened to be raised in, most people have no reason to follow a particular faith as opposed to another...

I think you've hit upon something here.

from now on, Buddha is Dr, Phil, Lao tze is Dr. Dyer, Confucius is Dr.Gray, and so on. Flip a coin for Jesus, but I'm going with Oprah so far.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    personally.....i've given up my connection to ORGANIZED religion. However i DO believe in a HIGHER POWER....it's just that organized religions seem like fanatics. All point fingers at each other, and NONE OF THEM have it completely.

martial arts is a LIFESTYLE chosen by a warrior spirit. They do not pray to any gods other than those with a religion connected to it. In the Hung Mun or in kung fu, we do three bows to pay respects. Show our elders honor.

The hand signals are just a means of identification. Just as the sign of the cross is connected to religion.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-05-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think you've hit upon something here.

from now on, Buddha is Dr, Phil, Lao tze is Dr. Dyer, Confucius is Dr.Gray, and so on. Flip a coin for Jesus, but I'm going with Oprah so far.
    I'm just upset that no one has chimed in on behalf of Marduk: if you can't get behind a three-eyed, fire-breathing, ancient Babylonian deity, who can you trust?

in the words of Buddha / Dr. Phil, "Get real!"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I pray only to Bawang.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I worship Crom. He who laughs at the four winds.

not to hijack, but why do you refer to Yaweh in the masculine form-if yaweh contains both male and female. In the old testament-God is used in plural-"Let us create life in our own image.." etc.
    When we are embryos, we have equal potential potential to be either man or woman.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    .................................................. ...........

Blog Entries
    oh hell no....religious nuts on a rampage.....MOVE!

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

follow that movie....it will make you see things differently

Quote Originally Posted by tungmojingjung View Post
    Elohim the word or son (Seen only in divine vision as the prophet, "(the word came unto me saying)" not a book, the were seening the super incorporeal form

Yahsua the holy spirit manifested in or out of a physical now they can touch beheld him.

even though it appear to be three, it is just one, now Yahweh's spirit merely manifested into a physical body and walked around in his creation as the holy spirit who was born a male (masculine).

Yahweh, elohim and yahshua the messiah these three are one, 1 Joh 5-7, according to the purpose yahweh is too lofty in his ontological state of perfection to come down, neither is elohim but yahshua, now he's the saviour and redeemer of the world, he's the one Abraham is referring to. Kind like you being a son, brother and a father, as a father you don't act like a son, as a brother you don't act like a father. yet in still you can be all these things at the appropriate time, and guest what, there all you!!

He chose to work his purpose through the male why, because he himself knew how he created us, and he would be the only one that could bring us out of it, that why Abraham told his son Issac, Yahweh will provide himself a sacrifice, in other words, the spirit of Yahweh manifested in the flesh allowing himself to be offered up by his creatures so that the promise to abraham would become complete, no out pouring of the spirit until that male child (yahshua-Masculine) died on the cross, was buried and rose again on the third day according to the scriptures.

BTW, Lord is a title, God is a title, paul say's in 1cor8-5, "for there be lords many and gods many, which one are you talking about, egypt had many gods, london has the house of lords, understand, Elohim is a title, but it is the title Yahweh chose for himself, remember the ensigns around the camp in the wilderness when israel came out of egypt, all round the tabernacle Eagle, Lion, Ox and the face of a man, when you put it all together:

Eagle (E)
    Lion (L)
    Ox (O)
    Man or (Him)

This is the true wisdom of Yahweh that hidden in a mystery!!
    Actually, according to the Hebrew Kabbalistic translations, the word Elohim is a plural formed from the feminine singular ALH, Eloh, by adding the final (mem) IM to the word. But inasmuch as IM is usually the termination of the masculine plural, and is here added to a feminine noun, it gives to the word Elohim the sense of a female potency united to a masculine idea, and thereby capable of producing an offspring.
    Now we hear much of the Father and the Son, but we hear nothing of the Mother in the ordinary religions of the day. But in the Kabbalah we find that God the Creator transforms simultaneously into the Father and the Mother, and thus begets the Son. Elohim is the very act of creation itself. The original "Holy Trinity" is not Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but Father, Mother and Child.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

not to mention...ancient hebrews didn't use english.

also, to the ancient Hebrews, and to modern Jews, the meaning "messiah" is completely different from that of Christianity. With the meaning from teh ancient hebrews being fairly secular in scope. As in, "the guy who will get the job done" whereas with Christians, a messiah has been converted into a godly being sent as divine intervention to remove all free will and solve all problems...which is contradictory to the source...but I digress. lol

anyway... interesting how these things unfold.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    not to mention...ancient hebrews didn't use english.

also, to the ancient Hebrews, and to modern Jews, the meaning "messiah" is completely different from that of Christianity. With the meaning from teh ancient hebrews being fairly secular in scope. As in, "the guy who will get the job done" whereas with Christians, a messiah has been converted into a godly being sent as divine intervention to remove all free will and solve all problems...which is contradictory to the source...but I digress. lol

anyway... interesting how these things unfold.
    I was taught that the term meschiach (messiah) wasn't so much one person, but a global spiritual awakening. Perhaps it might be brought on by the workings of one person, but Ghandi, Mother Teresa,and others haven't woken up the world yet...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.