Thread: Bung Bu Comparisons (Seven Star, CCK TJPM, TJPM)

Hybrid View

Othal,
    I like the way you "flow" through that form. Very nice!
    I only see one difference in the way I learned the form from my instructor, Mike Biggie, and that is in the way you do and apply 登 山 左 插 掌, deng shan zuo cha zhang/ascend mountain, left thrust palm. Is the 左 衝 爪 zuo chong zhao/left colliding claw before the 插 掌 cha zhang/thrust palm how you were taught the form, or is a personal innovation?
    Either way I think it is very interesting! It was nice to see that application.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Richard
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 11-27-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: i thunk a somethin else

I agree with Richard, Sifu Thomas.

A very fluid and skillful version of Bung Bu. It is always nice to see the applications as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGARZDXMpY
    Here are some applications for the transition.
    ________
    v12 engine
    ________
    EASY VAPE DIGITAL TEMPERATURE
    Last edited by seung ga faat; 04-29-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Othal,
    Interesting explanation of the "suspend" and "crashing" keyword theories.
    How long have you practiced chut sing tang lang? You apparently have many years experience.

All,
    I think one of the most interesting differences in the three styles that I compared is the TJPM "smoothly lead the sheep" (WHF 7* calls this double seal hands).
    In the 7* PM and CCK TJPM the action ends in a Horse or Riding Tiger Stance, while in TJPM the practitoner faces the opposite direction in an Ascend Mountain stance. The final position looks almost like the practitioner is performing a right gwa and a left uppercut strike, yet it is actually akin to the double seal hands.
    Any thoughts on this?