Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bung Bu Comparisons (Seven Star, CCK TJPM, TJPM)

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    The three versions of Beng Bu practiced today can probably be attributed to Jiang Hualong
    I may be oversimplifying your thesis, but I disagree with this statement of yours that I have highlighted.

I think Jiang Hualong altered Beng Bu and the majority of Beng Bu forms do not descend from him.
    I don't think that HK Taiji tang lang and 7 Star Beng Bu descend from him.
    Furthermore, other teachers with connections to Jiang Hualong dont even have beng bu
    Li KUnshan
    Zhang Dekui
    Wei Shaotang -Eight Step Mantis

Ilya Profitilov once presented a more compelling hypothesis based on his research:

Jiang Hualong altered Beng Bu himself and that altered version was passed down the lineage of Cui Shoushan, Wang Yushan, Song Zide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    I may be oversimplifying your thesis, but I disagree with this statement of yours that I have highlighted.

I think Jiang Hualong altered Beng Bu and the majority of Beng Bu forms do not descend from him.
    I don't think that HK Taiji tang lang and 7 Star Beng Bu descend from him.
    Furthermore, other teachers with connections to Jiang Hualong dont even have beng bu
    Li KUnshan
    Zhang Dekui
    Wei Shaotang -Eight Step Mantis

Ilya Profitilov once presented a more compelling hypothesis based on his research:

Jiang Hualong altered Beng Bu himself and that altered version was passed down the lineage of Cui Shoushan, Wang Yushan, Song Zide.
    You didn't quote my full statement. Here is what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    The three versions of Beng Bu practiced today can probably be attributed to Jiang Hualong (as passed down by Cui Shoushan and his many other students), Sun Yuanchang (as passed down by Ren Feng Rui) and Wang Yunsheng (as passed down by Fan Xudong).
    I think it is possible that Jiang may have altered Beng Bu, but it cannot be said with certainty until we see a copy of his quanpu or have some other type of documentary evidence. So, my conclusion doesn't disagree with Ilya's in any way. I would just like to see more evidence.

I also doubt the Jiang had anything to do with the Beng Bu that was passed down from Sun Yuanchang. I did not say, nor infer that.

I agree that the idea that Wang Yunsheng may have received Jiang's Beng Bu and altered it is pure conjecture. Though it could be a possibility. And I think the idea should be explored by Qixing lineage practitioners.

The fact that some of Jiang's students do not teach Beng Bu is irrelevant to my conclusions. Though the fact is interesting.

I appreciate your feedback! I always find your research interesting.

I posted my "conclusions" for the express purpose of peer review. So, if someone can present facts that prove my theories wrong, I welcome the discussion. I am only looking for THE truth, not MY truth.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 06-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!