Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tiger Woods

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    You're not like any liberal in my circle of friends.

We know that the vast majority of unemployed people would do anything for a job to support their family. We don't view people who are having a hard time finding a job as some sort of freeloader who doesn't deserve to be in our society.

Take your "liberal" ass home and spend more time with your wife and kids. Maybe it will do you as much good as it has done Woods and Henry!
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain I'm not like your circle friends. I paid for my own education by putting siding on houses in 100 degree temperatures in the summer. I've worked fulltime since I got out of college in 1995, contributing the tax dollars to the government needed to help those I believe need help.

I'm pro-choice. I'm pro gay marriage. I want to see better environmental protections in place. I'm for tighter gun control. I don't believe religious artifacts should be anywhere near a publicly funded institutions. I don't mind paying higher taxes if it means social services are in place to help the needy. I think most drug laws should be abolished. And I think the free market needs government guidance in some cases, especially in health care.

But if no one pays into the system to support the infrastructure, the system cannot take care of those who really need support. Therefore, it is your DUTY as an American and a liberal to work hard, to pay taxes, and to contribute financially to the community so that those less fortunate, with less opportunity, can expect a decent standard of living.

If you can't work, the system should help you.

If you won't work, you are a leach and burden on your community.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    But if no one pays into the system to support the infrastructure, the system cannot take care of those who really need support. Therefore, it is your DUTY as an American and a liberal to work hard, to pay taxes, and to contribute financially to the community so that those less fortunate, with less opportunity, can expect a decent standard of living.

If you can't work, the system should help you.

If you won't work, you are a leach and burden on your community.
    Though we disagree on many political issues, this makes sense. Very well said, and at least you do contribute to the system. Which is more than someone like BD, who looks at the system as his personal free ride through life.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Which is more than someone like BD, who looks at the system as his personal free ride through life.
    Really? Where your proof that I've ever taken a penny from the government?

Not that I would hesitate doing so. I believe the richest nation on earth should care for it citizens.

Truth is people such as yourself and your friend prefer a situation similar to ones we had in the great depression. It makes you feel superior to see people starving and kids dying.

Of course I expect noting less after years of listening to Limby, Coulter and others!

Really? Where your proof that I've ever taken a penny from the government?
    You receive the benefits that poeple's income taxes pay for, and you are not paying those taxes. You get benefits from the EPA, FDA, the military, etc and you are not contributing to them. Unlike people like me, Drake, and MasterKiller who are paying alot of our hard earned money in income taxes.

Not that I would hesitate doing so. I believe the richest nation on earth should care for it citizens.
    Of course you wouldn;t hesitate to do so. You've been whining for quite some time about wanting Government healthcare, which in your case would be free for you as you are not working.

And yet again, can you show where the Constitution says that this nation should care for its citizens in a fiscal way?

Truth is people such as yourself and your friend prefer a situation similar to ones we had in the great depression. It makes you feel superior to see people starving and kids dying.
    Actually, I'd prefer a time like the mid-late 80s. Low taxes, low unemployment, strong military, roaring economy, etc.

It doesn't make me feel superior. Although I do notice that I've not had children I cant support, or bought a house I couldn't afford, or ran up tens of thousands in credit card debt I couldn't pay. So I guess in that respect, I am superior in intellect to alot of Americans.

What's so wrong with you taking care of you and yours, and me taking care of me and mine?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You receive the benefits that poeple's income taxes pay for, and you are not paying those taxes. You get benefits from the EPA, FDA, the military, etc and you are not contributing to them. Unlike people like me, Drake, and MasterKiller who are paying alot of our hard earned money in income taxes.

Huh? What are you talking about? Maybe we should compare 1040s.

Here's we know again. Just heard that Woods was on TV apologizing for "Letting us down"

The total arrogance of this guy. I don't even know him. How was he suppose to "let me down"?

Did anyone see this? Did he squeeze out a tear or two and talk about how he was going to work to improve himself?...... Then after that did he talk about how, through all the pain and suffering, he was going to try to play the Masters this year.

ya i watched that this morning. he basically said the same thing in different ways for 15 minutes....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Watched a little of that on CNN.

Once again the arrogance! He hurt himself far more by doing this. Notice wifey was not there...also noticed no one from the media was allowed to ask questions.

Vonn makes fun of Tiger's Apology

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz0gHPfo4il

I thought this one would fit right in